2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah that is surprising, i was talkin to one of the panmure boys at the hampden game on satdy, they had their pressie night the previous night and apparently it was all left up to him if he wanted to continue and when he was making his speech, the president didnt even know what he was gonna decide until conheady announced it!

well that is interesting then. i was surprised to hear that i thought dave may have reached all if not more than what was expected out there.. be very interesting to see how the aging panmure team line up next year but in saying that i believe dave would be a very good coach

REALLY!! So you must be a Timboon supporter? I mean, if you see him do it EVERY game, you must be at every Timboon game. I suggest you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

i am not a timboon supporter thats for certain, every game i have seen him play so dont jump to too many conclusions!.

anyways, any rumors of whos coming and going??

Plenty of rumours but not gunna bother going into them yet although sholly prob wont coach dees if he cant play!!! Tough call this far out. I reckon he deserves another crack.
Everything has settled down after final and all teams now getting ready for next year.
Cheeseman of camperdown to rovers????

Plenty of rumours but not gunna bother going into them yet although sholly prob wont coach dees if he cant play!!! Tough call this far out. I reckon he deserves another crack.
Everything has settled down after final and all teams now getting ready for next year.
Cheeseman of camperdown to rovers????

yer i hear and believe it is true that darren cheeseman of camperdown will be assistant coach of rovers next year. I seen a couple of his games over the years and he seems like he is a very smart level headed footballer

yer i hear and believe it is true that darren cheeseman of camperdown will be assistant coach of rovers next year. I seen a couple of his games over the years and he seems like he is a very smart level headed footballer

yeah cheesy will be an assitant at rovers next year along with drew mcaskill as assistant also. Eggas coaching again
cheesy has come over to play footy with his younger brother.

also heard Collegians are chasing Paton pretty hard from koroit but i dunno how true that is.

yeah cheesy will be an assitant at rovers next year along with drew mcaskill as assistant also. Eggas coaching again
cheesy has come over to play footy with his younger brother.

also heard Collegians are chasing Paton pretty hard from koroit but i dunno how true that is.
Fair way for cheeseman to drive 2 and 3 times a week all the way to wbool...wouldnt be suprised if he didnt go...rekon paton wil stay with koroit although just having a kid might make him want some extra cash....

nathan murphy to south wbool.
andy clements to join his brother at south wbool if he doesnt go overseas. andrew foster being chased hard to coach merrivale.
xavier mckinnon being chased hard by panmure to be their other ass. coach

signed up mate!

To good that suprises me..should be a handy player but being more an outside player will find it difficult when the skills are not as good coming to him...dont think xav mckinnon will be leaving terang unless they got a coach he didnt like. Luke madden to go back to a hampden club maybe.

Sorry boys (maybe girls) but went home for couple of weeks. Missed Hampden gf but a few players could be headed to district league. What was the standard of gf? Koroit good team. Foster to Merrivale????????
I am about sick and tired of players like chicken f--kin chalmers. Wish he would crawl under rock and rack off. Is Nirranda paying more money - tell me a club he hasn;t played for!!!!!!!!!!! players like him give country footy a BAD name. He well past his best so it wont matter where he ends up - DEAD WOOD!!! Sorry about that but players who swap clubs don't deserve any respect.
Out of loop for a while so I am just reading your blogs. Panmure a surprise but better the devil u know I suppose. A few retiring and a couple leaving so mite be a difficult season ahead for Dave and the boys. Good coach tho.
Any other news - apart from has beens looking for more money and a win. Allansford could lose a heap of players!!!

Any other news - apart from has beens looking for more money and a win. Allansford could lose a heap of players!!!
i dont no if allansford have any good ones to loose..stenhouse was meant to be a star and was a spud and i dont think they had any other good players so not to much to loose....chicken was in the best every week nearly wasnt he? or was that last yr?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't a rumour. Ben Fraser enjoyed having a run with his cousins so much he's decided to stay on in 2010. Not good news for the other clubs but a good Xmas present for The Power. Ben Kenna's younger brother Luke is moving over from Terang also.

Look forward to maybe heading down to your part of the country for the International Cup next year in 2011.... Boys had a great time down there beforehand and were well received!!

Heard that The great Russell Eden has signed with deakin sharks didnt think that they paid any1 being a uni side Russell "hello ladies" Eden is a footy legend up here in echuca united he has won 6 flags 4 b and f's and was once caught f..king a chicken so should fit in at timboon takeaway where he has got a job.

Heard that The great Russell Eden has signed with deakin sharks didnt think that they paid any1 being a uni side Russell "hello ladies" Eden is a footy legend up here in echuca united he has won 6 flags 4 b and f's and was once caught f..king a chicken so should fit in at timboon takeaway where he has got a job.

Timboon Takeaway? Clearly a career man.

There ain't no chicken ****ers in Timboon. (It was a cow);)

BTW. Deakin Uni have also signed Byron Pickett as well.

I think the power will be lucky to lose a game this season. With bourke and fraser on board they will be hard to stop. Collegians will battle, so too will Allansford with all of their talls vacating this year. Pamnure huge loss with Matty Schrama leaving. Deakin will not win a game and East will improve slightly. Creek have picked up a few and word on the street is that they are superfit. All in all i think another Timboon Vs Power grand final with the power doing it easy.

Bourke has been cleared to Eastern Football Leauge. Timboon lost a few with Nick Thompson and Breandan Hickey moving on, might bring them back to the field. No doubt both teams with throw some hard earned and get a few replacments

if timboon and kolora have the cash to spend on players and can get them well good luck to them..the other teams need to increase the amount they make..pretty sure kolora have picked up johnno gleeson from koroit. will be a good addition to them.

if timboon and kolora have the cash to spend on players and can get them well good luck to them..the other teams need to increase the amount they make..pretty sure kolora have picked up johnno gleeson from koroit. will be a good addition to them.

Don't know if it's completely correct that these teams are spending heaps more than other teams. Localised teams like Timboon and Kolora have a huge area to pick from, and most of there players are local raised, and are playing for bugger all in terms of money. What they save paying the locals and the odd friends of locals, enables them to spend a bit more on getting higher profile recruits. Warrnambool clubs would be spending as much across the board.

Panmure were only battlers last year and will fall away more. I was talking to Dave Conheady a few weeks ago and he could only laugh about the disappointment in losing Slugger.

Timboon will be pretty much the same as last year, Dennington won't be nearly as strong. Kolora will possibly?? be the best team again but Bourke, Boydle and Johnson are huge losses. Fraser has brought a mate from Melbourne and he's a fairly hard onballer so he might cover the loss of Bourke or Johnson.

Rovers and Merrivale the improvers this year?

In the GF last year it was very obvious all day that Kolora were under strict instructions to play the ball and win the flag. Some Timboon snipers took advantage of this and got away with murder (Ben Newey twice whacking Ben Kenna well off the ball). It will be interesting to see if squibs like him will continue his sniping knowing it's not a GF and he might get one back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back