2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit dissapointing both clubs named an extended bench..its not like they have much to hide just something i dont believe in....wat is every1's tip for the flag and best on ground and most goals on the day.
Flag:Kolora Noorat by 25+ still wont suprise me if its a belting but dont think i can see timboon winning for some reason
BOG:Ben fraser to be the differemce but brad johnson to win
Mst goals:Ben fraser will kick a bag and andy rylance will kick a few

Bit dissapointing both clubs named an extended bench..its not like they have much to hide just something i dont believe in....wat is every1's tip for the flag and best on ground and most goals on the day.
Flag:Kolora Noorat by 25+ still wont suprise me if its a belting but dont think i can see timboon winning for some reason

You just might be spot on Members with the score and also BJ for best. A very good player in any conditions. He's deceptively quick too. Weather might make it relatively low scoring, 10 - 12 goals could win it? My smoky's for BOG could be Ben Kenna or Sam Moloney

Well i think it will be an even closer game than 25 points, if it stays wet timboon will sneak home and if it drys out theyll have their work cut out stopping power from winning easily. fraser could well kick a bag and as history has shown the last few years the big power forwards can win a GF. part that amuses me is Richo and Bienke were slagged off for chasing money and their respective clubs accused of buying their premierships.... Yet very little has been said of fraser and the power.... "good to play with family" yes i dont doubt it is, but surely his cousins arent that hard to get along with that he needs 2,000+ reasons a week to come 'home' to see them lol have seen him play a few 5 or so times and wat makes it sad is he's still at the start of his career and chasing money so early is a sad sign imo

Well i think it will be an even closer game than 25 points, if it stays wet timboon will sneak home and if it drys out theyll have their work cut out stopping power from winning easily. fraser could well kick a bag and as history has shown the last few years the big power forwards can win a GF. part that amuses me is Richo and Bienke were slagged off for chasing money and their respective clubs accused of buying their premierships.... Yet very little has been said of fraser and the power.... "good to play with family" yes i dont doubt it is, but surely his cousins arent that hard to get along with that he needs 2,000+ reasons a week to come 'home' to see them lol have seen him play a few 5 or so times and wat makes it sad is he's still at the start of his career and chasing money so early is a sad sign imo

hahaha u absolute loser..u really honestly think he is on that much ha..thats the funniest thing ever..thats 40 grand a year..i no for a fact if he wanted money he woulda went home to his old club cause he was offered more there so i think u should get facts before u say s**t like that..maybe if u said the power bought a flag by buyin him but never guess how much they pay him when u dont have a clue..ya well over a 1000 off ill give u the hot tip!

Yes Members, Hacker is a total tool. He uses the term of Ben Fraser chasing money. BIF never chased money and the Power never chased BIF, his relatives did. He and the rest of his family have been coming "home" to Noorat on a regular basis all their lives. Idiots assume a high class player like him must be on big money and that's the only reason he's here. Members is 100% correct, he could have earnt heaps more elsewhere but he's relished the opportunity to spend more time with family and relatives, namely as he says, his cousins.

He's a quality person and the club thinks the world of him as does his grandmother who he usually stays with on weekends. Ben Fraser on big money is a total myth, some clubs and communities can attract quality without the lure of $$$. Other clubs and supporters don't seem to be able to comprehend this. Jealous??

He's a quality person and the club thinks the world of him as does his grandmother who he usually stays with on weekends. Ben Fraser on big money is a total myth, some clubs and communities can attract quality without the lure of $$$. Other clubs and supporters don't seem to be able to comprehend this. Jealous??[/quote]

Well for BIF as you call hims sake i hope your both correct and as has been pointed out numerous times this is the place for rumours and gossip... Nothing like good gossip to stir things up and to clarify it was a power source who complained that he was on too much money, ebough in fact to pay for every paid player in other clubs. More than happy to stand corrected because chasing money is what is destroying country footy!! i dont know his personal situation but i hope he goes back to a higher standard of footy and furthers himself.... Back to the game though, plenty of rain falling and more on the way, how long since a real wet GF??

Not a demon supporter at all. More so follow hampden. Just like the way they have snuck under radar. Who was the w***er who said sholly cant coach and only worries about himsef!!! He coached very well last week and his willingness to not play tomoz points out that he is a team player.

Sean Bourke or Nic Thompson for best on - depends on what side wins.

Power could blow it out early and win big but if dees can create a s**t fight then they could cause the biggest upset in a granny for years.

Wouldnt worry what the rumours are about fraser payments - he is playing for the power and that is that. Havent seen him play yet but looking forward to it.

Can i have two guesses;
Power by 51 or timboon by 8

50 points - only one point off and bourke one of the best on - having said that most players couldve racked up numerous possesions if ex hampden league players wont go near their man. Madden just as good!! Who were their opponents -give you one guess. Can I finish my yearly comments to say that was a disgusting way to lose timboon. Your reputation as a club is SHOT. Noting creditable what happened today.
Oh by the way - rylance was picked as a hampden league representitive as a back pocket!!! Go figure.
Power deserved their result. Fraser didnt set it alight but is willing to lead out of way to create space. His possesions were first class but def not the impact player I thought he would be - but who cares - he has a medal around his neck and will celebrate for days.

50 points - only one point off and bourke one of the best on - having said that most players couldve racked up numerous possesions if ex hampden league players wont go near their man. Madden just as good!! Who were their opponents -give you one guess. Can I finish my yearly comments to say that was a disgusting way to lose timboon. Your reputation as a club is SHOT. Noting creditable what happened today.
Oh by the way - rylance was picked as a hampden league representitive as a back pocket!!! Go figure.
Power deserved their result. Fraser didnt set it alight but is willing to lead out of way to create space. His possesions were first class but def not the impact player I thought he would be - but who cares - he has a medal around his neck and will celebrate for days.

well said...timboon should have a very hard look at themselves..sam hickey and klint wagstaff should be penalised heavily..goin around head hunting early in the game when they sensed it was over..lot more respect for sholl now cause he was absolutley filthy with when and how they lost..ben fraser had at least 3 on him all day so was pretty tough on him and the delivery was not outstandin..but all in all a great result...now looking forward to the rumours for next year..any1 got any yet...?

Fairly predictable game as it turned out, Power slightly better all over the ground. Also predictable was Timboon's sniping and taking cheap shots all day. Disgusting, petulant sore losers was how I viewed it. No-one I've spoken to in the past 20 hours can recall a finals side behave as badly since the Purnim Bears (don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll ever see anything THAT bad again) but several Timboon players were an embarrassment to their club! Sam Hickey - big coward, Wagstaff - big stupid buffoon and No. 36 I think from memory was Newby - as sneaky a little squib as you'd ever see. Very rarely did I see a Timboon player lay a good hard bump in the play, and not many were prepared to put their body on the line but I saw many of them cowardly sniping off the ball. Credit to every Power player that not one of them stooped to Timboon's pathetic level.

By the way, I witnessed Ben Fraser receive his enormous premiership bonus this morning, a big jar of his grandma's home made yo-yo's!

There were some good points for Timboon - whithead b.hicky and berry held up well under pressure. I agree - poor sholly couldnt believe what was happening but to mention the purnim bears in the same sentence is ridculous. Dont drag a whole side down because of a few undisciplined acts (hickey no coward tho) and one power player was yellow carded also!!!! Dont let the facts get in the road of a good story tho. Timboon got some great kids that needed better role models of how to lose gracefully. With all of this neg discussion, dont lose sight of how good the power played. I didnt hang around for presentations (left after wagstaff got sent off) but I am sure they are still celebrating.
Rumours for next year - some out there but need to give it a bit more time before discussing.
I bet fraser has eaten all of the yo yos!!!!!!

There were some good points for Timboon - whithead b.hicky and berry held up well under pressure. I agree - poor sholly couldnt believe what was happening but to mention the purnim bears in the same sentence is ridculous. Dont drag a whole side down because of a few undisciplined acts (hickey no coward tho) and one power player was yellow carded also!!!! Dont let the facts get in the road of a good story tho. Timboon got some great kids that needed better role models of how to lose gracefully. With all of this neg discussion, dont lose sight of how good the power played. I didnt hang around for presentations (left after wagstaff got sent off) but I am sure they are still celebrating.
Rumours for next year - some out there but need to give it a bit more time before discussing.
I bet fraser has eaten all of the yo yos!!!!!!

One power player sent off well I rekon he did the right thing, not just going to stand there and let them w***ers use him like a punching bag. Nick Kenna has never had a fight in his life, wouldn't know how and thats why he was targeted (weak). I think Hickey is a coward, didn't see him have a go at any of the bigger players and Wagstaff gave a cheap shot to Johnson, one of the powers smallest players. At least when the bears were fighting they hit the big guys too, not just the little ones. Timboon are the worst losers I have seen in a long time and they will need to do alot of work to restor their reputation. Well done to the power, was the first game I seen them play all year and were just the better team on the day, by a long way.

One power player sent off well I rekon he did the right thing, not just going to stand there and let them w***ers use him like a punching bag. Nick Kenna has never had a fight in his life, wouldn't know how and thats why he was targeted (weak). I think Hickey is a coward, didn't see him have a go at any of the bigger players and Wagstaff gave a cheap shot to Johnson, one of the powers smallest players. At least when the bears were fighting they hit the big guys too, not just the little ones. Timboon are the worst losers I have seen in a long time and they will need to do alot of work to restor their reputation. Well done to the power, was the first game I seen them play all year and were just the better team on the day, by a long way.

Almost exactly what I was gonna say. If there was a book before the game as to which Power player might get sent off Nick Kenna would have been 1000 to 1. The game almost over and a bad tempered **** just flew into him for no other reason than his side was getting beaten on the scoreboard. Nick wore a few as he retreated and swung his arms to protect himself and never looked like he was gonna land one and with the game all but over the ump told them both to get off.

Newman09, you're a great one for talking about getting your facts right so I think it only fair to explain to those who weren't there what exactly DID happen with Nick Kenna being sent off. Also, my friend, I don't know how you can defend Sam Hickey. I don't know how he normally plays his footy but Saturday's effort of his and also Newey's, was cowardly. No other word for it!

Interesting to see some quotes in the paper from Ben Kenna who is also 100% ball player and has played in some fairly tough games over the years. It sums up the general feeling other teams have for Timboon. "It didn't surprise me that they turned dirty" and "our discipline was fantastic which is more than I can say for them".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

congrats to the power. a lot more class than timboon. i dont really like any of these teams but was happy that power won. that newey has a reputation as a dirty little player and a smartarse. a lot of hot-air tho cos he could barely fight his way out of a wet paper bag. i guess he's lucky he has hickey and big wags around!

Fairly predictable game as it turned out, Power slightly better all over the ground. Also predictable was Timboon's sniping and taking cheap shots all day. Disgusting, petulant sore losers was how I viewed it. No-one I've spoken to in the past 20 hours can recall a finals side behave as badly since the Purnim Bears (don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll ever see anything THAT bad again) but several Timboon players were an embarrassment to their club! Sam Hickey - big coward, Wagstaff - big stupid buffoon and No. 36 I think from memory was Newby - as sneaky a little squib as you'd ever see. Very rarely did I see a Timboon player lay a good hard bump in the play, and not many were prepared to put their body on the line but I saw many of them cowardly sniping off the ball. Credit to every Power player that not one of them stooped to Timboon's pathetic level.

By the way, I witnessed Ben Fraser receive his enormous premiership bonus this morning, a big jar of his grandma's home made yo-yo's!

i went along to the grand final on saturday, only the second game of wdfl i have seen(first was collegians vs deakin), pretty good standard of footy. fraser looked to be a great talent. i my self play in the western boarder league. to your coments about the big fella wagstaf his yellow card was a discrase a free kick at the most for his bump. hickeys 1st yellow i didnt see but his second which became a red was one of the biggest discrasefull desicions i have ever witnessed. i was on the fence right infront on it in prime view. maybe high contact but nothing that deserved being sent off the scuffle that followed was not pretty but both teams were involved. and for kolora noorat coach ben kenna to come out and say he wasnt suprised they(timboon) became dirty is not on in my book.
also nothin has changed form the old hetsbury mount noorat league the magpie one-eyedness has carryed on the power....

i went along to the grand final on saturday, only the second game of wdfl i have seen(first was collegians vs deakin), pretty good standard of footy. fraser looked to be a great talent. i my self play in the western boarder league. to your coments about the big fella wagstaf his yellow card was a discrase a free kick at the most for his bump. hickeys 1st yellow i didnt see but his second which became a red was one of the biggest discrasefull desicions i have ever witnessed. i was on the fence right infront on it in prime view. maybe high contact but nothing that deserved being sent off the scuffle that followed was not pretty but both teams were involved. and for kolora noorat coach ben kenna to come out and say he wasnt suprised they(timboon) became dirty is not on in my book.
also nothin has changed form the old hetsbury mount noorat league the magpie one-eyedness has carryed on the power....

Ha well if its only ya second disrtict game u have seen dont comment on wat kenna said...Timboon and hickey and wagstaff are known for their dirtyness...and u must be kidding about hickeys second send off he deliberately targeted the smallest bloke on the ground and went only for the head if that not send off material i dont no wat is....and u musta left at half time cause most timboon players did stupid dirty things after that....and wats this one eyedness mean?? they support there team or wat/? of course the one eyed and support their team..and that last scuffle involved nick kenna who wouldnt no wat a fight was the bloke swung a punch at him and he grabbed the bloke to protect himself and if u noticed he left the fight as soon as he could....also y wouldnt the power boys stick up for there mates when the game is all over...wat did timboon achieve by head hunting after they new the game was over!

Hey don't shoot the messanger. My mate text me to tell another yellow card to timboon and one to the power. Plenty of discussion about game, but you need to be very careful about slagging individual players being a coward. Too easy to hide behind your big footy name!!!!! I am sure hickey would like to know who you are.
Yellow cards - were they deserved??? Well the only people who need to think it is the umpires, and they did. They run the game and it was evident that they were not going to tolerate that behaviour with the early send off.
Sholl to coach again - and at least he knows not to put up with that in big games.
Everyone agrees the power were clearly the better side all year, but i kinda agree that coach didn't need to say that comment that he wasnt surprised timboon turned dirty. He was the successful coach - so take the cup gracefully.

Yeah, big tough Sam Hickey would love to know who's calling him a coward. I don't know about the others, but I'm only a little bloke, so there's a fair chance he'd belt me! Possibly when I was least expecting it.

I think Hickey is a coward, didn't see him have a go at any of the bigger players

he does it nearly every game targets some little bloke, hes a absoloute dik head always carrys on when he gives a free kick away too hes one player i really hate to watch play

As I said boys - it is far too easy to hide behind ya big footy names - whether you big small or whatever - if you willing to throw enough s**t some of it will stick. Would you be big enough to have the conversation with him face to face. I dont know the bloke but I dont think he wouldnt appreciate this. Yeh he got sent off but he has to deal with that until round one next year.
Take the cup and drink from it - who cares what tey did to try an put them off. It didnt work and power should be congratluted not to get sucked in.
Are fraser and bourke hangin around next year??

he does it nearly every game targets some little bloke, hes a absoloute dik head always carrys on when he gives a free kick away too hes one player i really hate to watch play

REALLY!! So you must be a Timboon supporter? I mean, if you see him do it EVERY game, you must be at every Timboon game. I suggest you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
FFS, when you are Hickeys size, most guys are smaller, who gives a ****. They are all supposed to be men out there aren't they? If you can;t look after yourself, **** off and play hockey.

And don't bag requestingtalent for offering one of the only impartial views so far. It seems to me The Standard report of the game read very simarlarly to what he said. I know Hickey and Wagstaff personally and can vouch they are certainly no cowards.

My view was that it was over the top umpiring to issue most of those cards, but at least I admit to my Timboon bias. It's easy for some of you to sit here and take potshots in anonimity, as newman09 said.

i hear the panmure boys have signed up dave conheady again for next season..I found that surprising thought matt schrama may have took on the job for 2010

i hear the panmure boys have signed up dave conheady again for next season..I found that surprising thought matt schrama may have took on the job for 2010

Really?? i was pretty sure he was steppin down?? fraser and bourke are both a good chance to stay i would imagine from all reports they loved the yr and any team with them 2 in it are bound to have some success..and all this stuff bout hickey i no alot of people who no him off the field and say he is a real nice bloke and stuff which he probabaly is but i dont no if any1 noticed but he kicked simon darcy in his sore leg as pretty hard in the first quarter and these 2 played together at cobden...i dont really no the bloke but that is a pretty low act but ill just say he gets white line fever and uses his bigger body to try and intimidate people which is fair but when he oversteps the mark he should be sent off which the umpires were right in sending him off twice I BELIEVE!

Ha well if its only ya second disrtict game u have seen dont comment on wat kenna said...Timboon and hickey and wagstaff are known for their dirtyness...and u must be kidding about hickeys second send off he deliberately targeted the smallest bloke on the ground and went only for the head if that not send off material i dont no wat is....and u musta left at half time cause most timboon players did stupid dirty things after that....and wats this one eyedness mean?? they support there team or wat/? of course the one eyed and support their team..and that last scuffle involved nick kenna who wouldnt no wat a fight was the bloke swung a punch at him and he grabbed the bloke to protect himself and if u noticed he left the fight as soon as he could....also y wouldnt the power boys stick up for there mates when the game is all over...wat did timboon achieve by head hunting after they new the game was over!
i was with out the closest spectator to his second card. dosent matter nowwat is done is done. but i take it ur a power man

yeah that is surprising, i was talkin to one of the panmure boys at the hampden game on satdy, they had their pressie night the previous night and apparently it was all left up to him if he wanted to continue and when he was making his speech, the president didnt even know what he was gonna decide until conheady announced it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back