AE 2010 - AE Fourth Comp Election

Remove this Banner Ad

AE10Poll.jpg

This AE POLL is open to: All AE09 & previous AE returning members and any AE10 rookies who have confirmed/ wish to confirm their interest up until 26th June. Poll Closes 27th June.

As there have been a bunch of ideas suggested along with support of keeping it the AE09 FEATURE GAMES same as last season, I have also decided bundle a bunch of the suggested options as 'AE comp packages' alternatives to compliment the AE single options for an additional prize.

Please READ each option (/package) carefully before casting your elementary votes. (multiple choices allowed) CANNOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE. AE10 POLL concludes 27th June. Most voted option is elected as AE10 Fourth Comp.

Option A: AE09 FEATURE GAMES model: Four weekly nominated games to guess the total aggregate game score range.
(No Changes/ 4 series over 4 weeks)

Option B: THE SPREAD GAMES: FIVE weekly nominated games to determine the betting line winner. Simple points structure: 1 point for Correct, No points for being incorrect. (4 series over 4 weeks)

Option C: YARDS and TOUCHDOWN Games: Nominated weekly teams/ games to guess the Correct amount of Yards/ TD's scored. The structure can be determined (by another poll) if this option gets up .

Option D: HWSS (Highest weekly Score Showdown) comp: Each week the highest weekly scorer claims a ballot for the Week 16 & 17 Showdown.
If a AE10 member top scores on more than One occasion, he/she can claim an immunity for either a CR team or their highest CR failure in the Showdown round of Week 16. Top 5 week 16 scorers progress to Week 17 where either $400 is up for grabs (Showdown!!) or a share of $80 is divided equally. Prize money deals can be adjusted then between the last 5.

Option E: Pre-Season Divisional Champs Prediction comp:
A simple points structure that awards you 2 points for each correct Division champ predicted and 1 point for each Wild Card team (who you predicted as a Division champ).

Option F: Combo AE09 FEATURE GAMES & HWSS:
Same as option A instead 3 series over 4 weeks (concludes wk12) and the HWSS continues for a Winner Take all of $200 in Week 17 between the last 5 finalists. Prizes in other comps all reduced slightly to compensate HWSS prize.

Option G: HWSS & Pre-Season Division Champs Predictions:
Easy to keep track of two seasonal comps without much ongoing monthly counting involved. Prize Monies will range from $150-200 for each comp.

Option H: Combo FEATURE GAMES & Pre-Season Divisional Champs Comp:
Same as option A instead 3 series over 5 weeks. Same as option E instead prize monies reward will be around $120.

Option J: DOUBLE TRIGGER comp: Like the 3XKO, this comp is about SURVIVAL. You nominate just ONE team in week 1 which MUST WIN.. if your team WINS, you progress to Week 2. If your team nominated in week 1 fails to win or is involved in a TIE: Your Eliminated!
In week 2, you nominate TWO Teams, which MUST WIN to progress to the following week... In week 3, you nominate THREE Teams which MUST WIN to progress to the following week...ect ect this process occurs until Week 7. If nobody has a 100% strike rate in any given latter week before Week 7, are tied for most winners on a particular week on countback, they all play-off the following week for the PRIZE until there is 2 remaining or divide the PRIZEMONEY ($200) at week 8. I have made allowance for TWO DT comps in the one season...with the spare weeks for the impending showdown/s. Series 2 of the DT anticipated to commence in Week 9 or following week after series 1 winner is determined. Everyone starts from nominating ONE team. No restrictions. Can pick the same team in consecutive weeks.

Please keep in mind that JD (AE website maestro) has a life too.. let's just keep it simple. The HWSS & Pre-Season Division Champs comp options are not time intensive options throughout the year.

Queries welcome if unsure.

Re: AE10 Fourth Comp Election

I dont want B
E is too simple and I feel could get boring

I love J though

If theses options you mention were akin to the type of race, think of the PS Division Champs Predictions comp as a classic marathon, Spread Games is like the 4x400m relay and the Double Trigger is like the hoards of folk lining a dept store ready to RUSH in as the doors open for a stocktake sale.

I voted for G, B and C in that order, but l would be happy to play any of the new games/ideas that have been mentioned. Feature Games just didn't really do it for me.

I think the AE, Next Duel and 3XKO are all fantastic games and should never be changed but it's great to have a fourth game that's flexible and voted on.

It will be interesting to see which option wins. Great stuff Woodson.

I voted for G, B and C in that order, but l would be happy to play any of the new games/ideas that have been mentioned. Feature Games just didn't really do it for me.

I think the AE, Next Duel and 3XKO are all fantastic games and should never be changed but it's great to have a fourth game that's flexible and voted on.

It will be interesting to see which option wins. Great stuff Woodson.

Thanx for the feedback Island Bomber. The fourth comp is some kinda dartboard option for the AE...it's relatively a hit & miss. I've taken onboard everyone's suggestions and given them a wider choice as the multiple choice makes it a more democratic than ever. Redragger's suggestion for the SPREAD GAMES is gathering early momentum but it'll be interesting if there is a tie... another Poll / poll dancing girl?? :p

I voted B first option and then>>>>>>>> J.

I am liking B option right now as it adds a different element to selections when spreads and lines are involved.

I voted B first option and then>>>>>>>> J.

I am liking B option right now as it adds a different element to selections when spreads and lines are involved.

Good to see you're flexible with your choices...you were quite happy to settle for the FEATURE GAMES initially but once I take out the piping hot options out of the AE 'wood' oven.. how can anyone resist? :p

Piper%27s%20Wood%20Oven%20Pizza.jpg

Woodson,

Just a quick acknowledgement of the effort gone into constructing the first post. Your research appears top notch, thanks for putting the effort in.

I only have last year to go on and enjoyed it, hence I went the '09 option.

As a total aside I couldn't help notice your signature, have a look at www.radiolollipop.org the best charity you've never heard of.

As a total aside I couldn't help notice your signature, have a look at www.radiolollipop.org the best charity you've never heard of.

I used to be in hospital a lot during my youth and both are great organisations, definantly helped me get through it all :thumbsu::thumbsu:

And I have free foxtel for life thanks to the starlight foundation :D

Meh.....

The Webber is better and you know it!! :D ;)

Cook me a Pizza next time I drop in then.... :p I'll bring the chilli's and we'll fire the Webber up for another BBQ.. so many vegetarians on AE, it's not funny.

I used to be in hospital a lot during my youth and both are great organisations, definantly helped me get through it all :thumbsu::thumbsu:

And I have free foxtel for life thanks to the starlight foundation :D

That's great news smiths. World Vision was found out to be manipulating funds of sponsors about 10 years ago so I pulled out from them. Hospitals & Get Well Child- related organisation are the only charities worth supporting nowadays.

I went with B and J but would be happy with whatever result. Can't wait for this to be up and running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the double-trigger concept but I would prefer straight survivor than this concept.

Maybe a Monday Night survivor comp since Monday nights are the most watched (or Sunday Night).

Maybe a Monday Night survivor comp since Monday nights are the most watched (or Sunday Night).

Hmm this sounds good!!! Monday night football is quite often the hardest game to tip and i tended to stay away from these games with 3XKO picks as there is huge pressure to perform and do well due to the factor of being on the big stage and having the only game televised around the country etc.

Picked J.

None really piqued my interest too much though. Really don't like spread games, maybe 'cause i'm not the gambling type. Just can't get my head around picking teams that will lose, but by under a certain amount.

Some good ideas suggested Woodson. Good work.

I like both B and J.

I would make one change though. For the Spead tipping, I would also include the Over/Under for each of the 5 chosen games of the week. If a tipster gets either the Spread or the Over/Under correct for a given game they score 1 point. But if they get both the Spread and Over/Under correct for the one game, they score 3 points. Makes it a little more dynamic.

Anyway, good work.

I like both B and J.

I would make one change though. For the Spead tipping, I would also include the Over/Under for each of the 5 chosen games of the week. If a tipster gets either the Spread or the Over/Under correct for a given game they score 1 point. But if they get both the Spread and Over/Under correct for the one game, they score 3 points. Makes it a little more dynamic.

Anyway, good work.

Dynamic indeed... ;)

pole-dancing1.jpg

I like both B and J.

Anyway, good work.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
That' show I usually bet on the games - under/over into spread for 4 games hoping for at least 5 results right out of 8 to get my money back. Worked well for me last year.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
That' show I usually bet on the games - under/over into spread for 4 games hoping for at least 5 results right out of 8 to get my money back. Worked well for me last year.

You'll be pleased to know that I'll elect you to be one of the several nominated AE10 members to select weekly games so you can show everyone how EASY it is. Pressure to perform after this little brag deserves the honour. :p

twilight-zone-ae10.jpg

Hate to jump in late with different ideas...just had this come to me, and it is another kind of Knockout scenario...

Player TD knockout comp. Possible structure that you must pick a RB, WR and TE (or whatever else) and they must score a TD or you are KO'd. Once all your positions are knocked out, goneski!

Just an idea, many different ways it could go. Only pick each player once in the year would be another idea...

Hate to jump in late with different ideas...just had this come to me, and it is another kind of Knockout scenario...

Player TD knockout comp. Possible structure that you must pick a RB, WR and TE (or whatever else) and they must score a TD or you are KO'd. Once all your positions are knocked out, goneski!

Just an idea, many different ways it could go. Only pick each player once in the year would be another idea...

Consider it filed away for 2011. :)

82d3bb7c54f66677_dv1248005.preview.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back