NFL Super Bowl LVIII - Kansas City vs San Francisco - Mon 12/2 @10:30AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

SBLVIII_Logo_800x500-8f16504983.jpg

Can someone tell my why the 49ers didn't attempt to at least run the ball when they 2 seconds left at the end of regulation? I get there's always a risk of a fumble etc but I would say the chances of KC getting a fumble, recovering it and then running it all the way into the end zone would be pretty negligible.
But a quick draw play to McCaffrey has the chance to pop off into a TD run. I'd take that chance against going head to head against Mahomes in OT. Most likely would end up there but why not take the risk.

*They also should have run the ball on the 3rd down just after the 2 minute warning. If they get the 1st down they probably win. If not KC has to burn their 2nd time out or have like 1 minute to score instead of nearly 2.

Can someone tell my why the 49ers didn't attempt to at least run the ball when they 2 seconds left at the end of regulation? I get there's always a risk of a fumble etc but I would say the chances of KC getting a fumble, recovering it and then running it all the way into the end zone would be pretty negligible.
But a quick draw play to McCaffrey has the chance to pop off into a TD run. I'd take that chance against going head to head against Mahomes in OT. Most likely would end up there but why not take the risk.

*They also should have run the ball on the 3rd down just after the 2 minute warning. If they get the 1st down they probably win. If not KC has to burn their 2nd time out or have like 1 minute to score instead of nearly 2.
Watch Denver @ Kansas City, Week 2 2015. That’s why

Sure, I still think you make them take that risk though.

Sure, it's just that the advantage of 'third possession sudden death' is pretty overstated because the only way you can guarantee it would be to score a TD then go for 2.

In which case, you'd be better off going second when doing that almost certainly wins outright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back