NFL 2022 NFC Championship Game - San Francisco at Philadelphia

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

but the Eagles have quite clearly been the best NFC team by an absolute mile this year. Nobody came close as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, you've changed your tune...you wont be lol'ing at my preseason pick to win the NFC next year I take it? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rivers would have started throwing left handed.

Also, blame the genius Kyle Shanahan for having Tyler Kroft block Reddick. Did you know both Reddick's sacks yesterday came against Kroft and Kittle? How dumb letting the opposing teams best edge rusher go against TEs.

edit: STO beat me to the post by literally 5 seconds :(

Purdy is such a pussy - tapped out of the NFCCG game because of a boo boo on his elbow.
You look like a total idiot now ;)

1675118331754-png.1596952

For all his hype as a playcaller, Shanahan was negligent and exposed Purdy to unacceptable risk by trying to block Reddick with a TE.

And then he repeated it the next drive.

Ridiculous.

It's the great Shanahan failing. 95% of the time it works because he schemes based on a team's defensive tendencies and exploits scheme gaps. But it doesn't account for individual player strengths and weaknesses.

He doesn't scheme to go after a poor corner for instance and he doesn't scheme for a stud rusher like Reddick who will 99% of the time blow up a backup TE's blocking assignments.

It's interesting that the reports are that Purdy would miss six months. Pitchers routinely undergo Tommy John surgery and they're on the shelf for a year at least (a bit like the recovery time period for a torn ACL). I guess Purdy is banking on six months if he doesn't have to undergo Tommy John surgery, but I would be surprised if he can get away without having to get Tommy John surgery.

a stud rusher like Reddick who will 99% of the time blow up a backup TE's

A friendly reminder that the Cards used Reddick as an off ball linebacker for his first 3 seasons. Unbelievable. Has there ever been a bigger misuse of a first round picks talent ?

It's interesting that the reports are that Purdy would miss six months. Pitchers routinely undergo Tommy John surgery and they're on the shelf for a year at least (a bit like the recovery time period for a torn ACL). I guess Purdy is banking on six months if he doesn't have to undergo Tommy John surgery, but I would be surprised if he can get away without having to get Tommy John surgery.

Having become an overnight expert on Tommy John surgery recovery protocols, I understand the throwing motion for a QB is different to a baseball pitcher so the mechanics of rehab are not as arduous. Hence the recovery period is shorter. Baseballers can take up to 2 years for recovery.

Purdy doesn't have the strongest arm in the world to begin with so it will be telling to see what sort of arm strength he regains.

But just as it looks like the QB plot twists are all worked out they throw another one into the mix.

A friendly reminder that the Cards used Reddick as an off ball linebacker for his first 3 seasons. Unbelievable. Has there ever been a bigger misuse of a first round picks talent ?

Cheers for that. You know as well as anyone the issues I've had with Shanahan and his pig-headedness sometimes.

Can we be surprised by anything the Cardinals do?

Cheers for that. You know as well as anyone the issues I've had with Shanahan and his pig-headedness sometimes.

I was having a go at the Cards for this. Just highlighting the part where you said "stud rusher". Why on Earth would you take a guy in the first round who was an edge rusher in college and convert him to an off ball linebacker from day dot?

I was having a go at the Cards for this. Just highlighting the part where you said "stud rusher". Why on Earth would you take a guy in the first round who was an edge rusher in college and convert him to an off ball linebacker?

Sorry added the bit about Cards at the end.

Back