NFL 2022 NFC Championship Game - San Francisco at Philadelphia

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1674388716029.jpeg

MONDAY, JANUARY 30 @ 7:00AM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nfl49ers: (2) San Francisco at :nfleagles: (1) Philadlephia

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour Qld
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah I'm going with a 31-13 scoreline providing everyone who played yesterday is ready to go

It's just like playing the Giants two weeks in a row basically.

Can't lose game for me basically. Been on the Eagles since the preseason to win the NFC, would be great to see CMC play in a Superbowl. Happy with either outcome.

Eagles by 1 point. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners win at all.

Epic game coming up. The Eagles are a well-oiled machine and at home they are full of nitrous oxide. But these 49ers run the ground ball like solid gold. I'm banking on the 9ers running game to wear down the Eagles defence and the 9ers D, the best in the league will do what they do best. Will be a ripper!! Whomever wins this wins the Superbowl IMHO.

A tough one to split, but I think the Niners have too many play makers on both sides of the ball for them to lose. Eagles have a handful, but Niners have double that. Should be a good game regardless, first 2-3 quarters I think will be really tight, but San Fran will pull away late.

Neither team will beat the AFC Champion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't bring myself to make a tip at the top of the page, I feel like that's just asking for trouble...

Brock Purdy has become the seventh rookie QB to reach a conference championship as a starter

Purdy has joined an illustrious group of:

• Pat Haden (1976 Rams).
  • Dieter Brock (1985 Rams; Brock was a CFL legend who came to the NFL late, and was 34 years old in his rookie season).
  • Shaun King (1999 Buccaneers).
  • Ben Roethlisberger (2004 Steelers).
  • Joe Flacco (2008 Ravens).
  • Mark Sanchez (2009 Jets).

Haden played before the adoption of the Wild Card; Roethlisberger, King, and Dieter Brock all had first round byes. So that means Purdy is one of three QBs (joining Flacco and Sanchez) to win multiple playoff games en route to a conference championship appearance. Should the 49ers reach the Super Bowl, he'd be the first rookie in league history to make the Super Bowl as a starter.

Interestingly, multiple of these guys were bench options who came in after an injury to the starter, just like Purdy. Haden, Flacco, and King all began the year as backups until injuries to starters gave them a window. King and Haden both took over midseason, like Purdy. Roethlisberger began the year as a backup, but took over as starter following poor performance from Tommy Maddox.

Purdy is the latest drafted rookie on this list; Pat Haden was also a seventh rounder, but was the 176th player taken in a league with fewer teams and more picks. Flacco, Sanchez, and Roethlisberger were first rounders, King a second rounder, and Brock signed as a FA from the CFL.

Real spirit shown by the 49ers in this game. It was if Montana was out there marshalling his men. When the Cowboys took the lead I thought oh no but then I thought, this team has been playing like Super Bowl winners for the last 3 months, just keep doing what you've been doing, which they did, and the rest is now history. Job done.

The Eagles next and with that Montana spirit lingering about, I have a feeling the 9ers will win comfortably.

Tough game to pick! Both outstanding teams.

I will go on a limb and say IF the Niners D score to help out the offense they win. Otherwise I think Philly will be to strong at home who also have assembled amazing talent in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Eagles weakness is their secondary if you want to knit pick and coverage but Purdy I cannot see taking advantage of that.

Going to be a cracker and I am going……

Niners 24-23 as Bosa recovers a fumble for a TD! With 0 to little confidence though!

To what supporters are left with their team still playing enjoy it fellas. 👌🍻🍻

Back