2011 Western Jets

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad news that the player who was in an induced coma, Nathan Prince passed away this morning in hopsital - lets hope the Jets can get up and win on the weekend.
Very sad news indeed. Thoughts not only with the family but all his teammates at both local level and TAC Cup level who would no doubt be taking the news very hard.

Great idea by AFL Victoria to have all players in the TAC Cup this weekend wearing a black arm band in respect of him.

And for the Jets, I'm sure anyone not aligned with a TAC Cup club will be cheering the Jets on this Sunday in what will be a pretty emotion packed game I reckon.

Congrats to the Jest for finally putting the Falcons out of their misery.

Also congrats on the recognition they paid to young Nathan Prince with a guard of honor and a minutes silence before the game. Nicely done and the Jets did Nathan proud with the gutsy win.

The were pushed in the end but some great work by the 2 musketeers, Charleston and Mead got them over the line after some fine finishing by Hunter and White.

Probably a sad season ending for Daniel Castellano after appearing to pop a shoulder. Best of luck to the young lad.

The Falcons left it all to late to change their game style. They tried at times to go more direct but the Jets backmen where up to the task with Walshe and Critchley being very good. After starting forward Ashlin Brown was also a rock down back.

The Jets are playing a fearless style of footy and they are good to watch. After being bored out of my brain for so many season watching them I am chuffed they are having a stellar season.

Hopefully they won't go back in their shells this weeks and give the Cannons a big fright. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Congrats to the Jest for finally putting the Falcons out of their misery.
As someone who was absolutely sick of watching the Falcons, thank you Western for getting rid of them!!

Agree with everything you said Sezzy, it was a very good performance.

Hoskin-Elliott really showed his class on a number of occasions as well.

Congrats to Steve and the boys on a terrific season, put up a mighty effort yesterday almost running the Cannons of the feet. Unfortunately the effort toll and the stronger bodied Cannons ran over the top of them in the last quarter.

I thought a couple of the smaller Jets guys really troubled the Cannons for speed, Hunter and charleston were outstanding. Turnbull was an absolute standout in the third quarter kicking 4 great goals but he was already cramping up before 3/4 time.

A great effort from a side widely critisized earlier in the year.

Congratulations to Jack Charleston on winning the club best and fairest, very well deserved. Also an honorable mention to Will who finished runner up with only 12 games for the season.

Good luck to Adam Kennedy on his Afl journey to GWS.

Overall a great season by the club and hopefully, can build on that next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back