2012 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article on Vlastuin and Haynes from AFL.com.au

Chalk, cheese
The nickname 'Tigger', in reference to A.A. Milne's character in Winnie the Pooh, was given to Vlastuin by his mother who identified that her child was "bouncing all over the place" ever since he had started to walk. When the Knights' talent managers caught the drift, the name stuck.​
While Vlastuin (pronounced floss-tone) thrives on the congested situations so that he can use his body strength to bullock his way through traffic.​
"If you line up on an opponent, you can think to yourself he probably didn't run on Christmas and New Year's day so you've got that mental edge on him," Vlastuin told AFL.com.au.​
"It's just about knowing you've done the work."​
"Tigger flattened me a couple of times and he showed me the standard of where I needed to be at," Haynes says.​
Vlastuin says his and Haynes' relationship is fostered on keeping things competitive.​
"I hate it when he beats me," Vlastuin says.​
"Tigger ticks all the boxes in what we believe a competitive animal is," Grbac says.​
"I keep saying this to recruiters, 'You take him to your club and every coach will fall in love with the way he plays footy.'"​
Chalk, cheese

I like Vlastuin. Just nervous about him being a top ager. He finished school in 2011.
He's not a top ager, just because he finished school a year earlier than most doesn't mean he's a year older than them, he just must have started school early.
Correct. He's still a 94 baby and is only about 20 days older than O'Rourke

Chris25's Mock Draft has called for a change of underwear.

Richmond:
#9 - Oliver Wines
#32 - Matthew Haynes
#34 - Tim Membrey
#43 - Nathan Hrovat
#74 - Jack Hannath

Boy... if we pulled off something like that. I will single-handedly mine for, and then build solid gold statues of Dimma, Brendan Gale, Blair and FJ and CC.

Chris25's Mock Draft has called for a change of underwear.

Richmond:
#9 - Oliver Wines
#32 - Matthew Haynes
#34 - Tim Membrey
#43 - Nathan Hrovat
#74 - Jack Hannath

Boy... if we pulled off something like that. I will single-handedly mine for, and then build solid gold statues of Dimma, Brendan Gale, Blair and FJ and CC.

Wines at 4 is pretty settled.

If we get those other players at those positions, I think we would win the draft.

Wines at 4 is pretty settled.

If we get those other players at those positions, I think we would win the draft.
I agree with you on Wines, but we will still get an O'Rourke/Vlastuin/MacRae player.... a gun.

But to add Haynes, Membrey and Hrovat, plus a mature aged ruck whether it be Hannath/Symonds to Seaby I will cry tears of joy.

12- Garlett
14- Vlastuin
32- Lonergan
34- Hrovat

Thats my ultimate draft, still really keen on garlett think he will add something we don't have and by all reports interviewed quite well. vlastuin and lonergan pretty straight forward
Hrovat is the one i really want, just think hes a gem from watching him play a few times this year
Hrovat will turn out to be one of the best mids of this draft.

Im still hoping for a trade with GWS for the #9 - #12+#14 selections so will do my wish list accordingly :p

#12 - Jake Stringer
#14 - Dayle Garlett
#32 - Matthew Haynes
#34 - Liam McBean
#43 - Dean Towers

I can't see why would GWS give up pick 14 just to upgrade 12 to 9. Is there a particular player they think will go in one of those 3 picks?
They wouldn't... it sounds good (to us Tigers supporters) in theory, but there's little substance to it being a possibility, and I wouldn't get your hopes up that it's likely to happen ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B- Players ready to go with the exception of maybe Broomhead that and I think there more talented then the others mentioned. There also all midfielders unlike options A and C.

I'd go B too.

Vlastuin seems a really solid character, and while not quick, should be a solid, top level prospect.
Hrovat could be a real steal if he lasts to the 30's. Seems to have a complete game, no real weaknesses.
Broomhead and Towers give that bit of outside pace and spark.

All mids, and a good mix, IMO, but I'm no talent scout... :)

Wouldn't be disappointed with any of those MR, but would lean toward B. I think Dimma and the coaching staff would as well.

Wouldn't be disappointed with any of those MR, but would lean toward B. I think Dimma and the coaching staff would as well.

I tried to make it as even as possible, to be honest, I'm leaning towards A, but whenever I look at them, my thoughts have changed. For example, when I created the list, I thought C, hands down, gives us the good KPP we need, that x-factor outside running type, plus the reliable Graham + Pongracic. Then after I looked at B, and thought hmm, wouldn't it be great to take four midfielders from this draft and then be set in that department for the next 7-8 years. Now looking at A, we'd get Macrae, who I think will be an absolute gem and is the best available prospects out of the three I have at 9. Then after him Atkins, who is that reliable midfielder with elite skills, and Haynes, super outside run and McBean who we desperately need, considering Graham + Browne are gone, and Derickx is rubbish.

I tried to make it a tough decision, most like B though.

Id like....
9 - Macrae
32 - Hrovat
34 - Pongracic
43 - Towers
Gives us a bit of spark and 2 really made players who can have an inpact, I really rate Pongracic and think he could play round 1, Could easily go top 25 imo.
I'd still try and upgrade 43 + Jackson to Saints for pick 25, Then we can get a much better player then a guy we can get with pick 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back