GFL 2012 gfl player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Keefe was drafted by Sydney and spent a few seasons up there but was very injury prone. I thought he was playing Geelong VFL last season but maybe i was imagining that.

I heard Daniel O'Keefe is down at West Saints. Not sure in what role though. Was pick #16 back in the 2006 AFL draft so must have had some talent.

No idea where he's been but sounds very injury prone.

Newtown rumoured to be signing a swag of recruits?! No...I don't believe it.

Newtown would have to be there abouts this year with 3 of there recruits in Ryan Normington (gvl star) Jarrod Mcorkell ( dominant vfl player) and reportdly brad ottens to play a few games and there the only recruits i know of are there anymore????

Have heard that not all is well down at Joeys. Robinson didn't turn up to pre christmas training due to his band not getting enough gigs which he was promised in his contract. Apparently said he was not returning until compensated. Surely he is not the right man to be coaching. Good player but is only there for one reason $$$

Have heard that not all is well down at Joeys. Robinson didn't turn up to pre christmas training due to his band not getting enough gigs which he was promised in his contract. Apparently said he was not returning until compensated. Surely he is not the right man to be coaching. Good player but is only there for one reason $$$

Didn't think he was playing again this season after the song and dance he made last season:confused:

Reay hope joeys and Newtown fail miserably and that all their money spending goes to waste. UNBELIEVABLE...

Reay hope joeys and Newtown fail miserably and that all their money spending goes to waste. UNBELIEVABLE...

GFL is fast becoming a case of those with money and those who dont. I can see big trouble on the horizon for a few of the struggling clubs. Very hard to attract players when you are rarely winning games.

gamble is the latest to join newtown..

They have been very busy in the off season. Does the money just come from the owner of cotton on? If all the new players gel they will be very hard to beat.
How are the teams at the bottom eg grovey st.albans going to compete with the likes of bell park sth and newtown.

They have been very busy in the off season. Does the money just come from the owner of cotton on? If all the new players gel they will be very hard to beat.
How are the teams at the bottom eg grovey st.albans going to compete with the likes of bell park sth and newtown.

They can't it's that simple. St Albans have cash but they always seem to spend it on duds rather then guns so now they are in a situation where not many people want to go and play for the club. Grovedale are no chance, no money no players can't expect them to compete with the like of newtown who apparently offer Ottens and Gamble $8,000 a game between them! anyone else think we need a points sytem sooner rather then later? feel sorry for the lower clubs in this league it is pretty much making up numbers year in year out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe Mark Blake has signed at Bell Park. Newtown returning to the good ol' days where clubs used to have a go at buying premierships?

A salary cap is needed if a points system is to be used.

Otherwise it fixes nothing in the long run.

A points system would be a good start though. It would at least limit how many AFL standard footballers etc can be played in any one team.

I would have thought that a salary cap in a comp like GFL would be almost impossible enforce. It would require a substantial resource to audit salary caps.

think most of the kick comes from cotton on but i believe spoldings old man is throwing in a fair bit as well to help get these big names over the line.

Gee whiz it must be a big cheque book with a sizeable balance as all of their recruits would be on solid coin I would think.

Their Coach may struggle to get a game, well only from what I've seen

They can't it's that simple. St Albans have cash but they always seem to spend it on duds rather then guns so now they are in a situation where not many people want to go and play for the club. Grovedale are no chance, no money no players can't expect them to compete with the like of newtown who apparently offer Ottens and Gamble $8,000 a game between them! anyone else think we need a points sytem sooner rather then later? feel sorry for the lower clubs in this league it is pretty much making up numbers year in year out...

$160,000 a season for 2 players surely impossible to believe? Even if you had that coin you would be better off paying 8 blokes $20k each

A points system would be a good start though. It would at least limit how many AFL standard footballers etc can be played in any one team.

I would have thought that a salary cap in a comp like GFL would be almost impossible enforce. It would require a substantial resource to audit salary caps.
The Points System has merits, although it still won't stop buying - just make it more difficult to slip in a host of imports. It has an effect, as witnessed in a number of VCFL leagues. It is just a matter of whether the clubs have the will to implement it.
The Salary Cap was a well-meaning, if utterly futile idea that is impossible to police.

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me

Ones i can think of are Nick Batchelor, Tim Sheringham, Daniel Lowther from bell park, Paul Corrigan South Barwon, Ryan Gamble & Brad Ottens Newtown, Russell Robertson Joeys

I dont know about you blokes but im really excited about that lara cats this year, its not the new blokes that im talking about but there guns that have come up through the junior program and are at that age now where they can tear it Apart. the Allan, Elliott combination that dominated junior ranks all those years ago will be back in full flight this year! Go Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back