2012 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Man that's disappointing after the confidence and form he was building up even if it is the last race of the season, really stupid if it was intended as performance enhancing drug but still hope it is an innocent medication type thing. After such a great weekend for him too.

What a weekend! Sissis, West and Casey! Was awesome to be there! Cheers for the info on viewing Klynt managed to see most of them on Saturday but settled for a spot off the straight going around the first bend for Sundays races, so i could see them coming down the straight then off onto the back of the circuit. Was Crazy seeing them live! They really do have balls of steel, their talent is unquestionable! Just watched the replays on TV and the real downer was Dani going down! Would have been a lot more entertaining if him and Jorge battled it out. Now really looking foward too (or not) seeing Casey's last race. Let's go out with a win!

It really was a great weekend. Glad I could be of assistance, unfortunately I didn't heed my own advice, really only got around the top of the circuit from the straight to Lukey Heights but it was still good. Only disappointed I didn't get to see Casey go through his own corner. Oh, and that Dani crashed, there was a collective sigh from the crowd when that happened.
The weekend really had it all, a perfect raceday of weather and results, typical Phillip Island weather on Friday and Saturday, the scare from Casey's crash, excellent local support races (the final Australian Superbike race was decided by .001 of a second!), an enjoyable ride to the Island and a logjam getting off it.
A big congrats to George and Marc for winning their titles, both thoroughly deserved and Sandro and Pol rode to superb wins. West's ride was brilliant, kept waiting for his tires to give up but he just kept getting faster and that race may well be the making of Sissis. If he can learn to qualify in the top 10, he'll get a lot more podiums. Commiserations to Jack Miller. He's up against it riding a bike with a 2002 model Honda frame. But Casey's was the ride of the weekend. Dominated every session and showed why number 1 is on his bike. Had he not been injured I truly believe he would have retained his crown but alas, it was not meant to be. He'll want to go out with a bang next round and finish his career ahead of Dani and Jorge for all time wins.
Only one more race for Casey, I'm really gonna miss him. :(

I gather that's the first time ever that there's been an Aussie on the podium in all 3 series on the same day.
In fact apart from West & Stoner I can't think of another Aussie to finish on the podium in the 2 lower classes.

A list of GP winners from Australia. Quite a number were in the lower classes.

54 Mick Doohan AUSTRALIA
45 Casey Stoner AUSTRALIA
18 Wayne Gardner AUSTRALIA
10 Gregg Hansford AUSTRALIA
7 Kel Carruthers AUSTRALIA
6 Tom Phillis AUSTRALIA
5 Garry Mccoy AUSTRALIA
5 Ken Kavanagh AUSTRALIA
4 John Dodds AUSTRALIA
4 Barry Smith AUSTRALIA
3 Jack Findlay AUSTRALIA
3 Keith Campbell AUSTRALIA
3 Daryl Beattie AUSTRALIA
1 Anthony West AUSTRALIA
1 Troy Bayliss AUSTRALIA
1 Kevin Magee AUSTRALIA
1 Jack Ahearn AUSTRALIA
1 Chris Vermeulen AUSTRALIA

Couldn't tell ya if there's been a time where the was an Aussie on all three podiums before but I doubt it.

Disappointed to hear of Wests doping infringement. A 30 day ban suggests it's minor and it has been mentioned that it's in products that it isn't even listed as an ingredient. If he used it deliberately for anything, I would think that it would to aid in weight loss. In a class of controlled power, it's hard to keep up with the likes of a Marquez who's much smaller and lighter.

Is Ant contesting it? Haven't really heard much more about it. I know he has 5 days to appeal and a few days have past now so i wonder if he is just going to cop it? does the 30 day ban carry into the next season or just 30 days from when the infringement was handed down?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the last MotoGP weekend of the year has begun and yet again has been rain affected. Not too much action from the MotoGP boys with many not even bothering for the second free practice however Moto2 yet again provides the thrills with Marc Marquez proving again that he is a physical talent but a mental midget, taking Simone Corsi out in a practice session.

Marquez will start from last place on the grid as punishment (giving him 30-odd more opportunities to punt someone).

First time i had seen the footage, Cheers! Wow huge brain fade from Marquez pretty stupid considering it was only practice. Corsi seemed pretty calm after the incident so good too see he was mature about it even though it would be understandable to go off his head! Lucky to to be hurt either. I suppose it will make for some good on board footage from the 93 machine at the back of the grid come race day like at Montegi!

Also apparently Westys ban comes from an over the counter sports drink he got which didn't include the drug he was pinged for on the ingredients! According to Ian Wheeler anyway. How unlucky!

How many guys will Marc Marquez take out in the big time next year :eek:
He reminds me of Lorenzo when he first came into the top category, or even Simoncelli:( in his early days, I think that's how MM will be next year.

Qualifying done, Casey's last one, he had pole for a while there until Pedrosa went super fast and Lorenzo then went second fastest after the chequered flag had dropped, so Casey starts from third.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back