FTA-TV 2012 Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
lets be clear, this is not a comparison and code war thread. We'll post AFL ratings and be happy.

TV Ratings - NAB Cup Round 1, Week 1

Friday
1 LIVE: NAB CUP HAWTHORN V RICHMOND FOX FOOTY 238,000
2 LIVE: NAB CUP NORTH MELBOURNE V HAWTHORN FOX FOOTY 214,000
3 LIVE: NAB CUP RICHMOND V NORTH MELBOURNE FOX FOOTY 169,000
4 NAB CUP RICHMOND V NORTH MELBOURNE FOX FOOTY 105,000 (replay)
9 NAB CUP NORTH MELBOURNE V HAWTHORN FOX FOOTY 58,000 (replay)
13 NAB CUP HAWTHORN V RICHMOND FOX FOOTY 52,000 (replay)

Saturday
1 LIVE: NAB CUP COLLINGWOOD V GWS FOX FOOTY 259,000
3 LIVE: NAB CUP BULLDOGS V COLLINGWOOD FOX FOOTY 242,000
5 LIVE: NAB CUP GWS V BULLDOGS FOX FOOTY 222,000
15 NAB CUP HAWTHORN V RICHMOND FOX FOOTY 53,000(2nd replay)

Sunday
1 LIVE: NAB CUP ESSENDON V FREMANTLE FOX FOOTY 165,000
2 LIVE: NAB CUP WEST COAST V ESSENDON FOX FOOTY 152,000
3 LIVE: NAB CUP FREMANTLE V WEST COAST FOX FOOTY 127,000

If 200,000 were tuned in on Fox Footy then we're off to a flyer.

If you have access to the HD channel, why wouldn't you use it as a preference

Poor result in Sydney for the local derby.

Really? So none of the foxtel viewers were from Sydney? I can't remember better ratings on a second digital channel for the AFL before.

In fact ch7 would be pleased. The swans were getting results like that on the primary channel last year. If they can have another program on ch7 and still get 80-90k on a second channel for AFL that's a great result all round.

Ch7 would be happy with that. But they will be watching closely in next few weeks as it really starts...

I think Fox should give you the HD footy channel free if you have the sports package.....it would help their ratings.

Ch7 would be happy with that. But they will be watching closely in next few weeks as it really starts...

I think Fox should give you the HD footy channel free if you have the sports package.....it would help their ratings.

You need a different box to run hd so would cost them heaps even for one channel.

Fox is still ad free during quarters so even people with sd fox would be watching that over 7 you'd think.

Get over yourself you thugby Troll!

BTW according to LU the nRL are already 48,000 down on last years crowds at games with Storm back to under 12,000 which is just pathetic for such a successfull team in a city of 4.2 Million!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need a different box to run hd so would cost them heaps even for one channel.

Fox is still ad free during quarters so even people with sd fox would be watching that over 7 you'd think.

If this is correct then why did Ch7 get 3-1 viewers

Yes, really. Season opener, live in prime time, two Sydney teams, massive promotion and only 82k. I can understand the Brisbane numbers, but the Sydney numbers are poor.

So none of the foxtel viewers were from Sydney?

Well, that's the thing isn't it? We'll never know. Would it be safe to assume it's the same % as the fta numbers?

Get over yourself you thugby Troll!

LoL

Now there's an ironic statement.

BTW according to LU the nRL are already 48,000 down on last years crowds at games with Storm back to under 12,000 which is just pathetic for such a successfull team in a city of 4.2 Million!.

This thread is about ratings not about crowd talk on LU or about the Storm, so at least keep it on topic please.

Yes, really. Season opener, live in prime time, two Sydney teams, massive promotion and only 82k. I can understand the Brisbane numbers, but the Sydney numbers are poor.

Massive promotion? It was on 7mate. A ****ing multichannel.

Shows that are on a multichannel regularly rate about a third of what they get when on a main channel. That's not to say that 250k+ would have watched on 7, but clearly it would have had a substantial effect on the audience.

Shows that are on a multichannel regularly rate about a third of what they get when on a main channel. That's not to say that 250k+ would have watched on 7, but clearly it would have had a substantial effect on the audience.

Bingo. I've never seen sport rate over about 40k on multichannel. 80k was pretty good really and vindicates ch7s decision to show every afl game live on this channel to NSW and Qld.

If you didn't know it was on you'd have to been living in Outer Mongolia.

Fair call. We'll see how it goes.

If you didn't know it was on you'd have to been living in Outer Mongolia.

Fair call. We'll see how it goes.
It's not about whether people knew it was on or not. Not everyone has digital TV. The secondary digital channels rarely rate as well as the primary channel, and as suggested, are often half. Therefore 82k isnt bad and should be looked on as a significant improvement on last year, especially considering it was on foxtel as well.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/03/saturday-24-march-2012.html

574k for Melb, Adel, Perth (Perth on 3 hrs delay?)

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/mediaweekaus

82k Syd, 33k BRIS for 7 mate

885k all up because Foxfooty was 196k https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/mediaweekaus

A satisfactory result for a SYD v SYD game I would say! ;)

Id say very good for a Sat night, and no targeted team for a footy state in what was essentially an exhibition match. I wonder if the peaks were very different, as I was one who watched the game in spurts as the result was known 2 years ago when GWS were announced.

depends how you look at it.

If you look at the previous sat night (worst day for ratings) - the #1 multi channel program had 67K watching in Sydney, whilst the #1 Sydney program (Swimming) rated 88K in Sydney. At the same time, the NRL game had 139K on fox, not a high number at all. That puts the night in perspective.

So this program, over 3 hours, will probably be the highest rating multi channel program for the day.

You cant expect 3-400K for one city on the multi channels, just doesnt happen.

If this is correct then why did Ch7 get 3-1 viewers

yea, this is a little perplexing to me.

I mean, a lot of NAB cup practice matches outrated the Syd/GWS game on fox. So a whole bunch of people either rather like the ads, or dont know that the game was also on fox?

But to watch a nab cup game, you'd be a fairly into it footy fan with foxtel, so you'd have to know fox are doing all games.

Either the ratings are not reliable, or this game got a whole bunch of people watching for the exhibition side of it, and many real footy fans gave it a miss and when competitive games start this will change significantly? who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back