Chris_2593

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ATP
Thought i would get a thread up since Brisbane Qualifying starts tomorrow. The Womens draw is out.

(1)King v (wc)Barty
Rodionova v Jani
Voegele v (wc)Peers
Amanmuradova v (8)Mayr-Achleitner

(2)Rus v Parra-Santonja
Minella v Tomljanovic
(wc)Bobusic v Bratchikova
Pivovarova v (5)Daniilidou

(3)Dushevina v (wc)Holland
Doi v Knapp
Lucic v Tsurenko
Mladenovic v (6)Krajicek

(4)Tatishvili v Adamczak
Chang v Karatantcheva
Scholl v Panova
Meusburger v (7)Stephens

Will be intresting to see how Ash Barty goes against a top 100 player. I actually think she might win. With Sally's form i think she will lose. Bojana Bobusic has a good chance been in good form. I think Izzy Holland will lose. Mon if she is fit can win but will probs lose. Rodionova should beat Jani. I think her or Barty will get through quallies.

Hmm, just looking at King's stats on wiki. She's currently ranked 76, her highest rank was 50 5 years ago. Although she made 3R US Open this year. I've never seen King play, but she has no better stats than Dellacqua who Ash accounted for comfortably. I reckon Ash can get it done, as long as she's competitive its all good.

Does anyone know if its being streamed?

Hmm, just looking at King's stats on wiki. She's currently ranked 76, her highest rank was 50 5 years ago. Although she made 3R US Open this year. I've never seen King play, but she has no better stats than Dellacqua who Ash accounted for comfortably. I reckon Ash can get it done, as long as she's competitive its all good.

Does anyone know if its being streamed?[/quote]

No it wont be.

King doesn't give much as far as errors and that is what Barty does herself. Makes it a tough matchup especially given how much experience King has. Really, expecting her to win is a lot to ask. Expecting anything out of this summer is a lot to ask.

Well not a good day for the Aussies. Barty was well beaten by King, although she had a lot of deuce games in the first set so the match was probably a bit closer than the score suggests. A good experience nonetheless.
Peers was beaten in straights comfortably, seems to struggle to hold serve every game. Holland wasn't bad against Dushevina, but again I don't think she ever pushed her.
Adamczak had a bit of a choke, she was up 3-0 in the TB in the first but lost it. She won the second, was up a break in the third, the other girl then went up a break herself, then it went back on serve where Adamczak had 40-0 ( i think) to take it to a TB and lost the match. So yeah hopefully Rodi can buck the trend.

2012 Brisbane International draw:

(1) Stosur Vs Yakimova
Benesova Vs Safarova
Paszek Vs Ivanovic
Halep Vs (5) Clijsters

(4) Williams Vs Scheepers
(WC) Dellacqua Vs Jovanovski
(Q) Vs Czink
Hantuchova Vs (8) Cibulkova

(6) Jankovic Vs Suraez Navarro
Zakopalova Vs (Q)
Voskoboeva Vs (Q)
Pervak Vs (3) Schiavone

(7) Pavlyuchenkova Vs Hercog
(Q) Vs Kanepi
(WC) Rogowoska Vs Zahlavova Strycova
Peer Vs (2) Petkovic

Cant belive how good the top half of the draw as of course it has to be the section with Sam in it.

Sam will have a dangerous match in round 2 against Safarova if she can get through that i think Clijsters will win that. Casey has an intresting match up against talent Bojana Jovanovski who i rate. I think if Casey is on tomorrow she can get up it will be tough then. I think Rogowoska can get up if she gets her oppenent angry good chance to get a first round win.

Good for Sam to have a nice tough draw, we'll see what she's made of early on and Yakimova will be a good first round oppenent to get rid of any rust.

Dellacqua has been winning pretty weak fields here in Australia on the ITF circuit and this is about 100X step up, wouldn't give her much chance, the fact that she lost to Barty at the playoff pretty much shows she isn't up to the standard most likely.

Rogowska, I haven't seen play for a while, if she is playing to her talent level she has a chance.

I thought Brisbane and Sydney both deserved their own threads, but ah well, this'll do I guess.

TV coverage is excellent. Each day on 7two they show it from 11-4:30, and then return for the night session from 7:30-11. There is also coverage on Eurosport, a bit during the day and then again at night, I guess they will show most of the QF's onwards live.

:thumbsu:

Sacha Jones joins the crew of adopted Australians, switching from NZ. I remember she dominated a few AUS tournaments at the end of 09 when Molik was on her way back. Is she a decent prospect? Top 100? I'd imagine Tennis NZ wouldn't be the greatest at maximising a players potential. Anyway she's playing in the ASB classic tommorow against Elena Baltacha. Dokic has Mona Barthel.

OOP (which behins on TV in 20 mins):

Paszek vs Ivanovic (nice... ;))
Williams vs Scheepers
Benneteau vs Tomic

And then the night session, beginning at 7:30:

Stosur vs Yakimova
Harrison vs Baghdatis - match of the day :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rogowoska went down to Zhalvova Strycova 6-2 4-6 6-4. Good to see she at least got a set. Hopfully she is improving. Ivanovic looked pretty good during her match. Round 2 Vs Clijsters should be a good match.

Hard to comment on Rogowska's result but taking a set is certainly a sign of improvement. She needs confidence as she wouldn't want one of those losing streaks like 2010.

Sammy tonight :thumbsu:

Stosur got through her match ok, but she looked rather rusty in that second set and seemed quite frustrated. Hopefully she blew the cobwebs out.

Unfortunately Dokic lost the first set in a TB in Auckland.:(

Solid first match for the year. Loved how she came into net alot. Benesova will give Stosur a solid match in the next round. Then the real test will come against Clijsters/Ivanovic.

Standard result here, way too big on the groundies for Yakimova, was a great first round matchup for Sam.

But is it me or is Sam looking really lean and fit this tourny? Even more so than she has been I should say.

Standard result here, way too big on the groundies for Yakimova, was a great first round matchup for Sam.

But is it me or is Sam looking really lean and fit this tourny? Even more so than she has been I should say.

Yeah she seems more cut, more toned but maybe carrying less bulk/muscle than other years. Seems ready to go for a big Aussie Open:thumbsu:.

Yeah i agree. Her arms look even bigger. Thats scary.:eek:

Also Dokic had a dissapointing loss against Mona Bathel 7-6(5) 6-1.

Maybe it was the different outfit. Also as much as I like Sam, I think the commentators wanked over her a bit too much. Stubbs is apparently one of her best mates and talks about her like she's the second comming...

Oh and same old for Dokic, she lost 7-6, 6-1. She apparently plays with quarterzone injections for her shoulder and wasn't able to practise alot in the pre season due to the problem. She should've just had surgery and if she had to miss AO so be it. Sometimes you have to consider the bigger picture.

Maybe it was the different outfit. Also as much as I like Sam, I think the commentators wanked over her a bit too much. Stubbs is apparently one of her best mates and talks about her like she's the second comming...

Oh and same old for Dokic, she lost 7-6, 6-1. She apparently plays with quarterzone injections for her shoulder and wasn't able to practise alot in the pre season due to the problem. She should've just had surgery and if she had to miss AO so be it. Sometimes you have to consider the bigger picture.

This.:thumbsu: It happens every summer though and at Wimbledon. Its the same with Hewitt.

Also as much as I like Sam, I think the commentators wanked over her a bit too much. Stubbs is apparently one of her best mates and talks about her like she's the second comming...

Considering she won the last slam that was played, Sam is entitled to be wanked over.....

547537-sam-stosur.jpg

Excuse me for a second.... ;)

I still can't believe she won the US OPEN!!! What a legend!!!

She always has that title!! There will be so much expectation on her now, but surely being a GS champion she now has the belief to handle the pressure??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back