2013/14 Cricket Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't bought tickets, I'm hoping I might get a last minute call up like last year from my mate who's a member. No doubt his guest pass will be in higher demand for an Ashes test though.

My mate who is a member does an "auction" every year for a group of us.. I got 4th day of the test (bit of a gamble, but should be ok), the BBL game against the Thunder and the ODI later in January.

Should be a good summer :thumbsu:

Also just purchased a $25 old school radio for work so I can listen all summer at work.. shat me to tears last summer when all I could do was sit and watch the desktop scorer

Day off, alarm set... I love the first ball of a Test summer.

Currently sitting here at the gabba and I can safely say that it is going to be typically f***ing hot and typically f***ing humid. Good way to start frying the poms on day 1 :)

Make sure you give Stuart Broad a warm welcome for us.

Make sure you give Stuart Broad a warm welcome for us.

One over in, first ball 20,000 strong broad is a w***er followed by a no ball short ball four. Same chant started on his last ball dropped in for 2 after cook, reactively put a second man at deep backward square. If I didn't know better I'd say the fanatics are on top of broad for all his talk that he likes it. He's now at fine leg in front of them...I hope they're giving him a few sweet nothings down there

One over in, first ball 20,000 strong broad is a ****** followed by a no ball short ball four. Same chant started on his last ball dropped in for 2 after cook, reactively put a second man at deep backward square. If I didn't know better I'd say the fanatics are on top of broad for all his talk that he likes it. He's now at fine leg in front of them...I hope they're giving him a few sweet nothings down there
s**t. Bloody rogers

Well I was about to say that was a decent first session - not a heap of runs but at least we avoided the top order collapse that has become synonymous with our batting line-up.

But then Watson decides to give some catching practice to the slips cordon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I was about to say that was a decent first session - not a heap of runs but at least we avoided the top order collapse that has become synonymous with our batting line-up.

But then Watson decides to give some catching practice to the slips cordon.

Shots off the middle of the bat shouldn't be caught behind square. F***ng idiot. Given up all momentum before lunch. Certainly is the feel at the ground

That was pretty poorly played by Clarke, for a world class batsman he sure looked like an awkward tailender.

Well that wasn't as bad as it could have been at one stage; nice fightback from Haddin and Johnson.

Still a pretty weak total so far for such a good batting pitch, Poms definitely won the day.

Token collapse, followed by lower order fightback.. yep just another day of Australian cricket. Some pretty poor shots by some of the top order too, which has become the norm.

Wow, England are doing their best impersonation of an Aussie batting collapse here.

Sounds like the atmosphere is rocking at the GABBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back