Preview 2013 Draft/Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another mock. SCPaige has done one of the biggest around.

This is who she has us taking:

#5: Kade Kolodjashnij.

#20: Trent Dumont.

#27: Eli Templeton.

Thanks Sunny, appreciate the plug my friend! I do agree, the Suns will only take three picks which will be the trend throughout all clubs - but for the purposes of the mocl draft, a full four rounds was done to give a little perspective. Cheers again mate :)

Thanks Sunny, appreciate the plug my friend! I do agree, the Suns will only take three picks which will be the trend throughout all clubs - but for the purposes of the mocl draft, a full four rounds was done to give a little perspective. Cheers again mate :)
Do you have any word on the Suns being interested in Eli? Or did you just throw him in at about the pick you thought he ought to be picked up at?

Saints sack Watters. Wonder how a new coach will affect who they draft at #3. The Saints have been locked on Billings for weeks now.

Have some delicious inside word for you Sunny from a mate at the Falcons who was chatting to

Apparently we have told Acres that if he is still there at pick 20 we will definitely be taking him. Unlikely to be that lucky but keep dem fingers crossed!

SEN's 'inside footy' has us taking Jake Kolodjashnij as well as Kade Kolodjashnij! Has us taking JK at #27. So we'd get the twins. :D

Jake is a very different prospect than Kade. He's a good 10kg's heavier and about 3-4cm taller. Will be a KPD at AFL level. Despite the extra height and weight that Jake carries, his speed and general athleticism is very similar, if not identical to his brother. Good speed that lets him keep up with forwards, good agility so he can track them, good in the air so he's not beaten by the flyers and a good engine, so the forwards rarely go to work on him late in the fourth quarter. Ran a 14+ in the beep too. Very good for a KPD.

Unlike Kade, Jake is not a run-from-defence kind of guy. He is very much the lock-down type player. I've read that you may not notice him play at all during a game, but importantly, you won't notice his direct opponent play either. General decision making and disposal by foot and hand isn't nearly as good as his brothers, which will have to be worked on to make it at AFL level.

Imagine if we got Templeton at #20 as well. Thurlow2Mackie would flip. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN's 'inside footy' has us taking Josh Kolodjashnij as well as Kade Kolodjashnij! Has us taking JK at #27. So we'd get the twins. :D

Josh is a very different prospect than Kade. He's a good 10kg's heavier and about 3-4cm taller. Will be a KPD at AFL level. Despite the extra height and weight that Josh carries, his speed and general athleticism is very similar, if not identical to his brother. Good speed that lets him keep up with forwards, good agility so he can track them, good in the air so he's not beaten by the flyers and a good engine, so the forwards rarely go to work on him late in the fourth quarter. Ran a 14+ in the beep too. Very good for a KPD.

Unlike Kade, Josh is not a run-from-defence kind of guy. He is very much the lock-down type player. I've read that you may not notice him play at all during a game, but importantly, you won't notice his direct opponent play either. General decision making and disposal by foot and hand isn't nearly as good as his brothers, which will have to be worked on to make it at AFL level.

There is a third Kolodjashnij? :eek: I presume you mean Jake :D

I mainly want Kade to go to Collingwood cause they have the best development in the league imo. However, would love all three of those guys to get to Gold Coast.

I think he'd be a good pick up and have been pushing for him to go higher than most people have him in their PDs. He is the most underrated of our guys this year, and has overtaken Webster in my mind as our third best prospect. Would love them both to go to the same club for their sake! His foot skills are sound, and his decision making isn't too bad, but he's not a world beater in either catagory. I actually don't mind him as a bit of a rebound defender, not like Kade, but more like Colin Garland who is usually accountable, but takes the game on and peels off his man at times to bring the ball out of defense. He did that a fair bit during the champs and generally did it well. He is pretty versatile as well, plays well on a wing or further up forward.

Eli, Jake and Kade along with Jesse, Luke, Aaron, and Henry = me a dedicated Suns supporter (at least for the next decade :D )

SEN's 'inside footy' has us taking Jake Kolodjashnij as well as Kade Kolodjashnij! Has us taking JK at #27. So we'd get the twins. :D

Jake is a very different prospect than Kade. He's a good 10kg's heavier and about 3-4cm taller. Will be a KPD at AFL level. Despite the extra height and weight that Jake carries, his speed and general athleticism is very similar, if not identical to his brother. Good speed that lets him keep up with forwards, good agility so he can track them, good in the air so he's not beaten by the flyers and a good engine, so the forwards rarely go to work on him late in the fourth quarter. Ran a 14+ in the beep too. Very good for a KPD.

Unlike Kade, Jake is not a run-from-defence kind of guy. He is very much the lock-down type player. I've read that you may not notice him play at all during a game, but importantly, you won't notice his direct opponent play either. General decision making and disposal by foot and hand isn't nearly as good as his brothers, which will have to be worked on to make it at AFL level.

You can never have too many lock down defenders and with Bocky and Warnock on the way out in a few years, Schadey and a JK could be two guys who are important to our dynasty :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm I wasnt keen at first but the novelty of having the twins is tempting.

I have been very absent on this forum recently. (Following the mighty Arsenal and what not :p)

It has been great to see the Suns not make any rash trades for players on the brink of their careers. It seems we have backed in the talent we have on our list now, and it is a great thing to see. Obviously the coaching panel see enough in this group to move forward. A lot of these players are moving into their 4th years of AFL football and this is where I think you will see the steepest improvement yet in our young team.

The likes of Swallow, who now will get an injury free year ahead of him so why he was so highly touted. Tommy Lynch, Dixon and Day as big players have taken longer to show their talents, but now being a lot bigger and experienced will start to shine through and become the targets we need in the forward line, along with the likes of Matera, Hall and possibly some of Ablett at their feet putting it through the big sticks. Of course the X Factor of what Jack Martin is going to bring to the table is going to also be an amazing thing to watch this year, and years to come

Our defense is the only worry I have for in the future, Thompson was a revelation this year, and am confident we will see more of the same. Warnock is starting to get on a bit, but should be able to hold up this year. Henry is someone that needs to really come on this year if he wants that other key defensive post. Also glad Tape will be going in this year with a clean bill of health as our negating defender will be great to see.

I'm so excited that I will be back on the Gold Coast this year and get to watch my Suns line up for the first time in 2 years. Hopefully it is a successful one at that! Would love to see my first win live!

I hope our 3rd draft pick will be used on a Suns academy prospect or other Qld player. 3 guys that seem to be popping up in the media as possibilities are:

Jarred Ellis
189cm/80kg/18yo
Broadbeach
Medium midfielder
Medium midfielder who is extremely agile, poised, is a neat kick and strong overhead. Takes the game on with his line-breaking ability. Played for Queensland in the NAB AFL Under-18s in 2012 with a shoulder reconstruction curtailing his progress early in 2013. His 21-disposal effort in round 22 against Gold Coast in the NEAFL was an impressive performance.

Fraser Thurlow
199cm/100kg/20yo
Labrador
Ruckman
Mobile ruckman/key forward who is strong overhead and reads the game well. Has strong work ethic and is extremely competitive by nature. Produced his best in a representative game between NEAFL and the SANFL at under-22 level with a best-on-ground performance having 20 disposals, taking 12 marks and kicking two goals.

Tyler Cornish, Suns Academy
179cm/80kg
Inside Midfielder
Tyler Cornish had 31 possessions 5 marks, 5 inside 50’s and 4 tackles and has built up a reputation for being a ferocious and unforgiving inside, ball-winning machine. He had 10 clearances for the match, doing his draft prospects no harm.

footage of Jarred Ellis

footage of Jarred Ellis

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it. Kid really has some tow about him, looks good running off a back flank. A nice sign for me is that he is already playing good footy against mature bodies, not just similar sized TAC kids.

I'm very biased being a local, but I would love the Suns to add at least 1 local QLD kid to our list each year, even as a rookie, ie Boston this season. Give them a chance to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back