Competitions 2013 Dreamteam/SuperCoach/FantasyFootball thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also could Kreuz become a valid DT selection? Burnt me early last year but apparently has gained confidence in that knee?

Rowe to get games? Useful for DPP but I'd prefer if all players had price-rises. I am aware that Casboult, Watson are ahead of him so unlikely I assume?

my thoughts on carlton players in fantasy:

Lock
Gibbs. Not a lot of other good premo backs on offer. I dont think there will be a repeat of 2012 form.

Point of difference:
Yarran. Cheap, can only benefit for another year in the preseason. Malthouse boundary strategy might suit him.
Judd. Cheap, champion, could do a Sam Mitchell without the captaincy.

Upgrade target:
Murphy. I think he isn't an instant lock due to the tough first few weeks of the draw.

The rest I don't see relevant, better picks out there on offer.

I have the same idea about Yarran. With a move into the midfield his numbers should increase. Also, his 2011 scores were pretty good, they suffered in 2012 due to injury/tag/being subbed/being the sub. He's almost a lock for me at his price.

Every year I have the same dilemma with Simmo. The years I start with him are never as good as the years I leave him out. He suffered last year due to injuries around him as he was tagged more, so I'm thinking this year if injuries are kind to us he could be a safe option.

A lot of people (not carlton supporters) are picking Menzel, but considering he just started kicking this week I don't think he is likely to play early. And even when he does he could fall into the trap of being sub.

A smokey for me is Lucas. His price is pretty good (around 240K) because he was used as sub a lot last year. Looking at his full game against GWS (80ish) and averaging his scores when he was sub, I think his scores could really improve with Malthouse at the helm.

Hey guys, thought I would get Yarran for a mid range last year thinking he would go on and score well and be good value and ended up getting burnt by it, having the same thought this year but a little sceptical that it could happen again. How is he going this pre season, looking like he will step it up this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys.....I have Gibbs, Murphy and Carazzo in my side....consider all premium 100+ scorers in DT.....anything happen pre-season that should concern me?

Personally Gibbs is a lock.

Murph & Carazzo both had post-season surgery but other than that are in full training and seem to be going fine. Carazzo is definitely capable of getting big scores, but his role as a defensive mid scares me a little. Had him last year, but losing his DPP status this year has made me re-think.

Murph's price is very attractive this year - slightly lower average (subbed out against Adelaide when injured & copped a stronger tag when Judd was out) = lower price. He's consistently good so he's always a safe pick.

I'm thinking of picking Mitch Duncan. Has he had a full pre-season?
And what about Varcoe - is he over his injuries? His price could make him very handy as a DPP.

Yes...Duncan is a likely improver in my mind...really could be a top class player and my tip for a "breakout year" in 2013......has had a full pre-season and I would think is a 90+ scorer this year. At 420K not a bad bet

Varcoe at his price is a steal. He is fit and training well and there is some talk he will play a running role off half back, or play a forward pressing wing role....could be a nice cash cow because at 234k he is priced at scoring in the 40's...and he will do wayyyy better than that. He's in my team!

Good luck!

The Fantasy Elite thing does interest me. I am looking at Kruezer and Sugar as a couple of smokies thus far. I think I have been suckered in Kruezer the last couple of years though......

The Fantasy Elite thing does interest me. I am looking at Kruezer and Sugar as a couple of smokies thus far. I think I have been suckered in Kruezer the last couple of years though......

Sugar keeps sucking me in too. His average is low due to being sub, so if you factor that in and impact if a new coach he could be a very good pick up. Same story with Luke Parker from Swans, except the new coach thing.

Anyone up for a Dream Team Fantasy Elite league.

It's a draft based system, could be fun :)

Would love to, but in their infinite wisdom, the people running that site only allow you to join one league.

That being the case, perhaps we're better off going with ultimatefooty, which has been purchased by The Age.

Would love to, but in their infinite wisdom, the people running that site only allow you to join one league.

That being the case, perhaps we're better off going with ultimatefooty, which has been purchased by The Age.

Should I start a thread? Leave this one for visitors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back