2013 HFNL PreSeason Rumours and News

Remove this Banner Ad

miniricho said: ↑

Yeah we have Luke Molan (Camperdown), David Haynes (North Warrnambool), Joe Dare (Cobden), Possibly Brad Fisher at Port Fairy. That's all I have off the top of my head.
Yes there are a few players in the hfnl with top league experience. Paul looney (wfc) did preseason with the western bulldogs (then footscray) in 2002 and trained with north Melbourne in 03 also. Was unlucky to not get picked up especially after a 14.8 in the beep test 2nd only to Jess Sinclair (apparently)

Cobden also have signed WDFNL Timboon Demon Marcus Hickey. Unknown if he can match it at a Hampden level but none the less a handy player.

North Warrnambool Eagles set to sign a highly rated midfielder in coming days, will surprise a few people at other clubs if successful. Ex-Lang Lang, O&M Interleague and ex Kolora ruckman Dale Robinson has joined the Eagles for 2013, has had some injury worries over last season but is keen to get the body right with the help of the Eagles highly rated club doctor. Robinson is a towering man but is 30yrs old, and that could be a major factor in whether he can get up to play senior footy at Hampden level. Good for depth none the less. Word is a former Terang/Mortlake half forward could join him.

Small forward Eli Barker has been sought after by several Hampden clubs and is set to leave WDFNL side Old Collegians, the front runners for his services looks to be his former HFNL club South Warrnambool Roosters, but I'm told he has had serious offers from both North Warrnambool Eagles and Koroit Saints.

Adam Dowie coach of Koroit have put themselves in a strong position to recruit some quality juniors by inviting a large group to come and train for a fortnight and see if they enjoy it, Preseason will start on or around the 10th of November making them the earliest starter of all sides. Well played Adam Dowie.

There is still major talk of Rhys Raymond joining the Koroit Saints next season, if this turns out to be true Koroit will have a large contingent of ruckman of which not all will play seniors. With Ethyn Zimmer likely to make his way to Koroit from the Labrador Tigers on the Gold Coast to join his brother Tauryan, it will mean the big guys spots will be in hot contest. Jeremy Hausler, Nathan Meade and Scott Linskens are all ruckman as well and will be wondering where they fit in for 2013.

News today now former South Rovers brothers Nathan and Mark Murphy have signed with North Warrnambool Eagles today. Both players are untried at Hampden level, but both have strong ability and are good signings for the depth of the Eagles. For Rovers it's a fair dint in the armour. Nathan is likely to be a half forward and Mark a wing type player.

Any talk about David Wojcinski coming to Port Fairy?

Was offered top job at Port but turned it down after consulting the wife and her not wanting to relocate to Port Fairy. Looks like he will take a coaching job in the Geelong Football League.

Come on Port Fairy why are u stalling on naming the new ruckman for 2013....a very handy acquisition from down Melbourne way....

North Warrnambool Eagles look set to name their reserves coach early next week, names I have heard include John Houston, Bryan White, and a late comer and favorite Eagles senior player Matthew Buck, Matthew is recovering from a knee reco and will miss the bulk of 2013. Seems like a perfect fit.

Any news on the new teams joining the league? What are people's thoughts on this? Will they be competitive, or, just 'easybeats' for the current teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on the new teams joining the league? What are people's thoughts on this? Will they be competitive, or, just 'easybeats' for the current teams?

News from me is scarce from the two new comers. Apart from the obvious that I have already said earlier.
As far as how they will go, I'm gonna say that Hamilton Kangaroos should be competitive with the bottom 5 sides and could knock them over, but I think they could be getting a fair smacking off the top 2 or 3. With some luck and with their combined side then a 5th placing and finals in first year isn't just a pipe dream and could be achieved.
Portland on the other hand I think could be behind the eight ball for a couple of seasons until they get a chance to see the level needed and players required to be competitive side. They won't be the worst but will struggle I feel. In saying this you can't expect these sides to come in and go boom straight away. Lets give them 4-5 years to build and structure up and judge them then. Hell....North Warrnambool took 12 years to make finals, Koroit were even shocking for a very long time!! But time changes all!

As reported by The Warrnambool Standard, Warrnambool Blues have snared the services of Bellarine player Peter Corredig. He is a tall who is mobile and can play multiple key positions. It's a handy get as they have also signed spearhead Jason Rowan for a further 2 years and will continue to be a powerhouse. Dustin McCorkell has announced retirement.

Hamilton will lose the services of talented midfielder Gareth Crawford after he told the club he will be heading overseas. It's a big loss for Hamilton at this stage, he would be tipped as most likely to match the Hampden standard.

Sources tell me North Warrnambool Eagles are about to sign ex Sth Warrnambool spearhead Robbie Gregg. He is moving back from QLD.

It's been confirmed via North Warrnambools twitter that they have signed Robbie Gregg, Robbie has kicked plenty of goals throughout his career with, South Warrnambool, Merrivale and Lake Wendouree. The only question mark I have on this....is he fit?? I'd say a decent preseason will be needed after not playing last season.

Hamilton will lose the services of talented midfielder Gareth Crawford after he told the club he will be heading overseas. It's a big loss for Hamilton at this stage, he would be tipped as most likely to match the Hampden standard.

Crawford staying with the new side after landing a local job. The "Roos" are also rubbing their hands together with the appointment of Eales at Penshurst with a multitude of players looking to leave the premiers.

Where will Sandy Robinson land....Koroit? Warrnambool?? or North Warrnambool?? The stakes are high for the Geelong Football League team of the year member!! Played at Newton Chilwell and was ultra impressive as a ruckman/CHB. Stay tuned for the official signing!

Crawford staying with the new side after landing a local job. The "Roos" are also rubbing their hands together with the appointment of Eales at Penshurst with a multitude of players looking to leave the premiers.

Good to hear he is a classy player and great for the club and league to retain him.

Apart from recruiting some locals there has been not much recruiting portlands way. They're at a bit of a disadvantage at this stage as there is not alot of work in the area and keppel prince is threatening job losses.

North Warrnambool Eagles have signed Warrnambool Blues youngster Dylan Cross for the 2013 season. Cross is an exciting young player who dominated most of the u/18 season last year, he is a raw talent that does need some refining. Cross was seen at Eagles Pre season session on Sunday.

As most would know the merged Hamilton sides are now to be officially known as the Hamilton Kangaroos. So we welcome them aboard along with the Portland Tigers. Word is Portland will play at home rd.1 v Cobden Bombers.

i saw on the Warrnambool standard website Portlands playing home to Port Fairy and Hamilton playing home to Cobden. Then the two former WBFL teams play each other Anzac Day.

Terang/Mortlake have lost the services of ruckman Zac Pickett. Apparently signed with WDFNL club Russells Creek on Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back