2013 NHL off-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems that Letang is making it harder for Shero than I first imagined he would:

Will DePaoli @TIOPS_DePaoli
Kris Letang's agent Kent Hughes on declining Pens offers: "We have exchanged offers and continue to work towards reaching an agreement"

Seems that Letang is making it harder for Shero than I first imagined he would:

Will DePaoli @TIOPS_DePaoli
Kris Letang's agent Kent Hughes on declining Pens offers: "We have exchanged offers and continue to work towards reaching an agreement"

Turning down $54M over 8 years?

You'd think Kris had been fantastic in the playoffs to snub his nose at that deal...

Surely Shero shows him the door in the same style as Staal.

Turning down $54M over 8 years?

You'd think Kris had been fantastic in the playoffs to snub his nose at that deal...

Surely Shero shows him the door in the same style as Staal.
I'm fully expecting something to happen today, in very much the same way the Staal deal was handled. Difference this time is that Shero's hands are not tied -- Letang can go to any team, whereas the entire NHL knew Staal would run off to Carolina the first chance he could get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Devils go tandem for a season I would imagine.

Sounds like the Oilers offered a lot more but Gillis didn't want to trade within the same division.

He really has screwed up this situation/problem right from the start.

The Charks swap 1st round picks and dump a 2nd round pick (#58) to the Wings to move up two spots.

Well played, Mr Holland. :thumbsu:

The last time Mr Wilson pulled this it was for a guy named Couture, so time will tell.

Two of my fantasy keepers to be playing on different clubs next season, lets hope at least 1 of them gets a starting gig.

Thought they might have got more than a first. The question is.. Brodeur to retire?

He is contracted for one more year and wants to play on.
NJ will probably split starts, like Vancouver did this season.
Hedberg is the odd one out. The devils will either trade him to a team of his choice (if he wants to play on) or give him a job in the organization. Like Brodeur he is contracted for one more season and only makes $1.4m so its not worthwhile to buy him out.

"Hey Holmgren! You have salary cap issues, problems on the blue line and in goal. What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm going to sign Vinny for 5 years at $4.5M a year!"

"You need to sign Giroux, Schenn and Couturier next year..."

"Yeah I know! Where's Vinny?!?!"

Someone needs to take the keys away from Paul...

Another meeting in Glendale going late into the night. Every meeting the council has seems to be one that will decide the future of the Yotes.

The Devils go tandem for a season I would imagine.

Sounds like the Oilers offered a lot more but Gillis didn't want to trade within the same division.

He really has screwed up this situation/problem right from the start.

Mike Gillis is a terrible GM, as an Oilers fan I say the Canucks should sign him to a lifetime contract. ;)

Sounds like they nailed a couple of more pieces of wood to their plank...

I can't comprehend why anyone would want to own a team that will lose $25 million per year, every year. I guess the pot of gold is when they are finally allowed to move the team somewhere profitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back