2013 SEQAFL Division 4 Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Zeidler played in the Wests Premiership 17 years ago!

As did Matt Waters IIRC. Zillmere had folded. Clint Bizzell and Maxy Hudghton also played in that side IIRC, along with some other really good footballers like Corey Lambert. Best local premiership side I've seen.

I think he would have been on the Lions/Bears list that season, so not sure where that means he played his local footy - did they have reserves then?

All Bears/Lions players were allocated to a local side - a bit like they do in the WAFL/SANFL.

All Bears/Lions players were allocated to a local side - a bit like they do in the WAFL/SANFL.

Water's was drafted after signing for Wests after North (Zillemere) folded. Draftee's were allocated back to state league clubs at that stage, Chapman played in the 96 flag for Wests.

Bizzell didn't play in that flag side but did play colts for West Brisbane a few years before 96. Hudghton did play in the flag.

Deeth and Warren from that flag side have also been running around for UQ in that division this season.

Good for footy!

Water's was drafted after signing for Wests after North (Zillemere) folded. Draftee's were allocated back to state league clubs at that stage, Chapman played in the 96 flag for Wests.

Bizzell didn't play in that flag side but did play colts for West Brisbane a few years before 96. Hudghton did play in the flag.

Deeth and Warren from that flag side have also been running around for UQ in that division this season.

Good for footy!
Geez- how many times have Zillmere folded in the past? They're always highly competitive when up and running (like now) but then fold every few years. I know the Shawsportz debacle killed them off last time, but what happened in the early 90's and then again after the 95 North Brisbane premiership was not due to Shawsportz. You get the impression that if they'd been financially well managed they'd be in the NEAFL, not Div 4 (not to denigrate Div 4 by that statement). Its like a punch drunk fighter continually getting up off the canvas and fighting on.

ha, was wondering who that Warren bloke was who is kicking bags of goals for UQ every week.

Even when they get pumped by 100 he seems to bob up with a lazy bag of 5 or 6!

This week sees final matchups for the league where everyone will now have played everyone else (except Kedron)

Yeronga with a big test against Zillmere, who seem to roll out another cameo from an aging star each week! Wonder if they are one off appearances, or they will ALL be playing come finals time?!

I was talking to Dickfos after our game and some of the names he said he was chasing to have a kick for them were a bit worrying...Clarke Keating, Richard Champion, Adrian Fletcher, Matty Kennedy.. :eek:

We have Kedron this week, but struggling to put 22 out there despite having 50 blokes on our list!

God I hope they don't get any of those blokes for this week, ha ha. Not sure we have a match up for Keating. We are keen to test ourselves against the best. Should be a good contest.

some bloke called Fitzgerald kicked 7 for them last week, hadn't even seen his name much before that!

As I said though, Dickfos told me that many of these blokes would be one-off appearances - like Aker is doing around the country. Apparently anyway..!

Good luck Frazer, I wouldn't worry about Keating - just find a matchup for Dickfos, Waters, Ziedler, Wolfe, Rogerson, Forbes & Fuller and you should be ok :)

They also have a young kid on the wing called Rubin, wears #1, looks to be Sudanese or of African decent and runs like the wind - we couldn't get a hand on him, and he's only 15!

I see UQ forfeited what was their home game vs Jimboomba on the weekend after moving it to Jimboomba! Very strange stuff.

We had a good win vs Kedron with essentially 10+ first choice players missing.

I note that Yeronga gave an undermanned Zillmere at least a contest, although if Zillmere can go out there with only 21 blokes, no Waters, Rubin, Wolfe, Forbes etc etc and still get up by 6+ goals against a fairly strong Yeronga - then its a message for everyone!

Should be interesting for us this week against them. Team full of hungover Pies fans, and over a dozen first choice players out...!

We had a good win vs Kedron with essentially 10+ first choice players missing.

Backed up the following week and got belted by Zillmere by 14 odd goals.

Margin flattered us, as one of our players was knocked out cold in the first 2 minutes, so the entire first quarter was essentially scoreless while the Ambulance came.

So in 3/4 of footy we got done by 80+ points.

Once again, like in the Kedron game - we struggled to field a side despite having a list of 50 players!

Who plans OS holidays in the middle of footy season?!

We got done by a couple of goals vs Yeronga on Friday also, but it was an enjoyable hard game. I played for the first time in about a month and brushed some cobwebs out, still missing 5-10 top liners, but slowly replenishing the team. However, its been a good opportunity to expose new guys to the better teams when its hard, rather than having them run around thinking its easy against other teams.

A couple of first timers Friday night that did ok, so that was good.

Was a good contest on Friday. We had a few outs including a gun runner in the green ;) but also some good ins. Still working out what our best lineup is, as well as giving as many blokes a run as possible. Some good running from full back Thommo, your number 8 in the middle was getting some good clearances down to the big full forward as well. Big test for us up against the redbacks this Saturday. Not sure if we've ever had a win at that ground. Will be interesting to see their lineup. Is Watto and Cahill still running around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cahill played against us and kicked 4 - Ringer told me afterwards that it was his first game for the year.

Watto didn't play us, but he has played a few games. Apparently is doing FIFO work, so availability is just a week to week proposition.

He makes an enormous difference to that team, at least 4-5 goals imo - so when he plays they will be a much harder proposition.

We beat them down there reasonably comfortably with about 3 or 4 decent players missing, but no huge outs - so unless they have made some huge changes, I'd back you blokes in for another win.

It's a different game on that Oval 2 Fraser - we didn't adjust very well at all. You get caught ball watching (which our midfield did over and over again) you get burnt, because its only 2.5 kicks goal to goal!

I've been playing HFF/Ruck most of the year, but our gun defender Greeny was a late withdrawal (copper who couldn't move his shift) so I decided to have a run in defence, as after a month off, I didn't have the fitness to play ruck/foward. We just have no scoring power when our captain (Happy) doesn't play, haven't even managed to put big numbers on against the lower sides due to that problem.

Umpired 18's the next morning, boy was I sore!

God I hope they don't get any of those blokes for this week, ha ha. Not sure we have a match up for Keating. We are keen to test ourselves against the best. Should be a good contest.
Hey guys new to the forum scene.Fan from afar for the way Collingwood park play there footy.I see a fair bit of talk about the eagles.Collingwood park actually pushed them when they travelled out here.You wouldn't think so by score line but they found it hard.

Good luck to all teams on Friday. Fair to say the best four teams all year are playing finals. We are going into a tough game against the undefeated eagles, but we are playing some good footy, so quietly confident of pulling off an upset. Cracking contest in the late game. Both teams should be pretty well matched if they can field full strength teams.

Any tips for league medal? Dickfos a big chance, Watto from redbacks if he played enough games, Mihalopoulos from Woodsmen or maybe Greeny, Duey from Coll Park. From our team I would say Charmo or Hopey.

No surprises in this division in the end.

Felt Will from Coll Park was an obvious winner for the league B&F - he certainly would have polled in both games we played vs CP and I saw him a handful of other times and he stood out like the proverbial dogs balls - just so quick.

Our Captain ran 2nd with 19 votes which was a bit of a surprise, given he kept doing his hammy and only played 10 games.

We could barely field a side at the end of the year, went with 21 in our final and got beaten in extra time vs Jimboomba after we kicked 4.16 !

Only positive for us was that we had a winning record against everyone but Zillmere, although we did forfeit the last game of the H&A season, which was sad as it was our first forfeit in our history - not even being able to get 14 together last week before finals said it all though I suppose. To be fair, we had over 10 out via injury, rather than just the usual laziness.

Yeronga did well to keep the margin under 100 points in the GF, although it was like watching an arcade car racing game with the Umpires acting as the computer and trying to play 'catch up'!

Another enjoyable year in Div 4 footy has come and gone, Zillmere just a little too good for this league. What sort of outfit trains twice a week, has a proper warm up and warm down routine and plays in Div 4?!!? Next they won't be having a beer after games!

But seriously, well done to Danny, Matty Waters and the boys - they were a great bunch all year, never arrogant despite dominating and I think other clubs actually learnt something from them, which was a good result. Having said that, if those older gun players are running around again, lets hope we don't see them in this division again!

I wonder who will win Collingwood Parks B&F? Duey or Will...Can be lucky to win an umpires count but not a club one. No disrespect to blokes who won or polled well in the league count though.

Any word on a roster for the QAFA (B) yet? I'm looking to play in this competition but am also a shift worker and need to make some requests for days off to play. Most games are Friday nights aren't they?

2012-13 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 15th March

$1500 prize money

Revised format and venue

Limited places available

Details obtained by emailing tgranleese@gmail.com

From previous years the majority are Friday nights. Although our draw is not up yet. Not even 100% what teams are in the comp either.

Draw looks interesting. Will it stay at this number if teams? Is Jimboomba dropping back?

Lots of Q's remain unanswered......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back