Opinion 2014-15 Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats two games in a few days a team has made 300 and lost... How many 400s or there abouts have we seen in this world cup and not all of them high scores have been against minnows as yesterdays game showed Aus 370s Sri Lanka 300s

Happy to admit that Maxwell impressed me yesterday.

Now who of you are man enough to admit Watson had a good game.
I've been saying for months, if not years, that Watson should bat at 6 not 3. Was pleased to see him do well there yesterday

SCG star Maxwell thanks his teammate for being there when he was needed most

Glenn Maxwell paid tribute to Shane Watson's calming influence - on and off the park - after celebrating his maiden ODI century.

Maxwell and Watson formed a brutal 160-run stand at the SCG on Sunday, piloting Australia to a 64-run win over Sri Lanka.

Maxwell has been in excellent touch during the World Cup, posting scores of 66 and 88 before reaching triple figures in Sydney.

However, the 26-year-old suggested he's been struggling personally over the last fortnight, not wanting to go into any detail beyond that.

"He's been there for me over the last couple weeks," Maxwell said of Watson.

"It was a tough couple weeks ... just off the field.

"But he's been there through thick and thin."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee they're ordinary the poms
Is there any sport they invented that they're good at ?..apart from darts !

Australia looked pretty scary in that game against the Sri Lankans ! Hope we didn't wake you guys up in Auckland !

Great contest, Pakistan left armers are always awesome.
Just seems they have no "big talent" players any more. They've become "irrelevant" as the bigfooty enthusiast would say.

Seems the danger is more that you don't know much about them than pure talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back