2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and it makes sense from a marketing perspective: better to have a showpiece game in front of a sell-out crowd than not.

Also, I hardly think Perth Glory would be the FFA's favourite team after last year.

The suggestion of the final over two legs is probably the best way forward.

The lack of activity in this thread pretty much sums up the enthusiasm most remaining supporters have for the team at the moment.

So we lost the FFA Cup final again last night - playing it over in Melbourne we were always going to be the bunnies for the Victory.

Very underwhelming crowd turned up - cant say it vindicated the FFA'a decision - the bunch of campaigners they are.

For me it's just that I was expecting to lose and I'm not expecting much at the moment with our attack. We have no pace other than Harold who we missed badly last night. First half we needed Fernandez (I never thought I would say that) as we couldn't hold onto the ball at all. He made a world of difference when he came on. Sidnei, Castro and Nebo were never going to worry Melbourne's back 4 as they are slow as f***. In the end I do think we were unlucky not to at least get 1 if not send it to extra time with our dominance and chances in the 2nd half.

Also the FFA can get f*****. 15k in Melbourne when they would have got more at NIB.

For me it's just that I was expecting to lose and I'm not expecting much at the moment with our attack. We have no pace other than Harold who we missed badly last night. First half we needed Fernandez (I never thought I would say that) as we couldn't hold onto the ball at all. He made a world of difference when he came on. Sidnei, Castro and Nebo were never going to worry Melbourne's back 4 as they are slow as f***. In the end I do think we were unlucky not to at least get 1 if not send it to extra time with our dominance and chances in the 2nd half.

Also the FFA can get f*****. 15k in Melbourne when they would have got more at NIB.
Hit the nail on the head I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half we needed Fernandez (I never thought I would say that) as we couldn't hold onto the ball at all.

That is just the worst! But you're totally right.

Next up we've got an away trip to Brissy and then a home game against Sydney FC. It's going to be painful watching Maclaren run us around and then O'Neil setting up Sydney FC's attack. FFS.

Hopefully Risdon gets a start with the Socceroos Thursday.

Went over with mates for the game. Went more to get on the lash rather than see Glory but it went as expected. Just a horrible slow team to watch. I normally give Kenny the benefit of the doubt but he left Warren and the team badly exposed on the left by playing one on one with Kosta Whatsisface. Just have a complete emotional disconnection with the team like a majority of other fans.

FFS - The FFA just making s**t up as they go. campaigners.

A couple of mates came over to me on Saturday night and said "mate, we want to start coming to Glory games with you - we'll get in touch before the next home game."

I was so shocked I barely knew what to say haha.

I give that much of a toss I tossed in my membership this season. I will go to a few games but I just can't justify paying the money after the crap we went through last season and then another price increase for this season to watch us play like s**t.

I give that much of a toss I tossed in my membership this season. I will go to a few games but I just can't justify paying the money after the crap we went through last season and then another price increase for this season to watch us play like s**t.

I renewed my membership with the early re-signing discount. Only cost $230 or something. I signed up fully expecting us to be shite.

At least we look better than Adelaide lolz.

At least Castro has got some skill. He needs some pace and energy around him though, because he's definitely lacking in that. Unfortunately without Harold there's not much pace around.

Hopefully Kenny's right and there's still a lot of upside to Castro.

Fernandez is the big disappointment for me. I can't believe how shite he has been. I laughed when he got half cheered / half Bronx cheered at the Cup Semi when he successfully managed to hold the ball up for the first time in about three games.

I mean, FFS, how shite do you have to be for Sidnei to be getting a game ahead of you as the lone striker...?

It's gonna be a loonnnggg season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back