Universal Love 2014 C'wood Board 'AWARDS NIGHT' Red Carpet Starts at 7.30

Remove this Banner Ad

My fellow Collingwood enthusiasts, it is that time of year again.. A time where we can celebrate those on our humble forum who give so much to the betterment of our lives, along with those that frustrate us to the core.

Your job? To nominate the poster that you feel best represents the categories listed below. Think very carefully about the posters who you've encountered throughout this past year and cast your vote.

You can vote in two ways:

1) Post your votes in this thread, with your nominee next to the category for which you are nominating them e.g. DownTheWing - The Nathan Buckley Award

or

2) PM your votes to me in the same format. Copy a list of the awards and put your SINGLE nomination next to it. Mark the PM “votes”

Voting will close on Tuesday at Midnight EDST the 9th of December.. so you have a little time to study the boards and choose “THE BEST” of the best.

You are allowed to nominate for a person in a particular category only ONCE.. however, you can vote for the same poster in other categories. Just don't nominate yourself!

Date of award presentation is yet to be set in stone, but Wednesday the 10th looks good to me.

The categories are:

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Best Poster 2014
The poster you think best represents this board in the way they post and have been the best poster this season. Their contribution can be evaluated by their posting history, contribution to podcasts and creation of threads.

2. The Eddie McGuire Award
For he or she who is the most one-eyed.

3. The Dane Swan Award
No, this is not the award for the biggest bender or night out (partly because I'd win by the length of the Flemington straight, but I digress..). This is for our most colorful and entertaining poster.

4. The Nick Maxwell Award
For the best poster in the Nest, the Random Thoughts thread and all contributions outside the football side of things (for those that dont frequent the Nest).

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award
Given to the individual who is the most effective and efficient in their posts. They may not create a bunch of threads or post 20 times a day, but their accuracy and effectiveness sets them apart.

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award
For the staunchest defender of our club who also shows the utmost respect for the opinions of opposition supporters.. See the Judas (read Dayne Beam$) thread for some inspiration

7. The Travis Cloke Award
For the most frustrating poster on the Collingwood Board. I know, ridiculous to think that any of us could be frustrating.

8. The Tom Langdon Award
Our best first year poster, must be registered in 2014

9. The Dale Tapping Award
For the best and most committed VFL spectator and reviewer

10. The Heath Shaw Award
For the member of our forum (past or present) who we wished was around more often than they currently are.

Let the voting commence!​

This is a template for casting your votes, which may make things a little easier.

1. The Nathan Buckley Award -

2. The Eddie McGuire Award -

3. The Dane Swan Award -

4. The Nick Maxwell Award -

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award -

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award -

7. The Travis Cloke Award -

8. The Tom Langdon Award -

9. The Dale Tapping Award -

10. The Heath Shaw Award -

My fellow Collingwood enthusiasts, it is that time of year again.. A time where we can celebrate those on our humble forum who give so much to the betterment of our lives, along with those that frustrate us to the core.

Your job? To nominate the poster that you feel best represents the categories listed below. Think very carefully about the posters who you've encountered throughout this past year and cast your vote.

Well, I'll kick things off because I'm just keen to get a post in before TradeDraft to be honest - so here goes!

Very difficult task actually and many quality posters that I love reading left out like
Primetime Pricey jmac70 Baltimore Jack eddiebankbalance Copeland loki04 Anzacday popin Kirby Scodog10

It's a great board of late and we are very lucky to have some of the most dedicated posters on BF :thumbsu:

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Snoop Dog

2. The Eddie McGuire Award - mattys123 123

3. The Dane Swan Award - Obese Arachnid (Happy Birthday)

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - vjknight

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - The Royal Sampler (Posts a s**t load but brief and to the point for me)

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - PieBeast

7. The Travis Cloke Award - THATSGOLD

8. The Tom Langdon Award - ottoman (Special mention Kappa)

9. The Dale Tapping Award - Knightmare

10. The Heath Shaw Award - Tempest

I take no responsibility for any in-house fighting this may cause - my decision is final and not subject to change - unless money, alcohol, women or memberships are involved!

And I didn't suck up to the mods and intentionally left them out of the voting because they get paid the big bucks to do this for a living. But thanks for putting up with pricks like me over the last few years.

And I didn't suck up to the mods and intentionally left them out of the voting because they get paid the big bucks to do this for a living. But thanks for putting up with pricks like me over the last few years.
who told you that????:p:D:eek:

Are you MC-ing the award night this year the mighty T ?

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - It can be easy to underestimate the work that this poster invests in this forum. From establishing the podcast, to starting up interesting thread topics, to dealing with a swathe of posters behind the scenes regarding a myriad of issues and of course his always insightful posting. 76woodenspooners by the Flemington Straight for the big gong!

2. The Eddie McGuire Award -This one is a no contest for TradeDraft . Bloody scumPs!

3. The Dane Swan Award - I almost always get something out of anything that Reykjavik posts and more often that not it's a good belly laugh!

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - This one has to go to Magpie Girl for helping make this place the great little internet community that it is. Also a shout out to everyone that posts in The revival of what music are you listening to thread, especially CLUBMEDhurst

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - I very rarely disagree with anything that The Royal Sampler has to say, and even when I do I always appreciate the way he expresses his viewpoint.

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - It's gotta be Old Spice surely. I love it when he lets loose with a well deserved acerbic tongue lashing.

7. The Travis Cloke Award - THATSGOLD I find your constant negativity really draining to read. You see shadows behind every bush and conspiracies in the most irrelevant minutiae. Sorry bud.

8. The Tom Langdon Award - ottoman A poster who knows how jack cars, break them down into component parts to sell them interstate but doesn't know what a goji berry is. Black & White blood, proven bona fides.

9. The Dale Tapping Award - SchuPie love your work at the VFL games mate. I can't tell you how good it is to get that VFL feedback for us interstaters or expats.

10. The Heath Shaw Award - This is a tough one but would love to see shawthing09 around the place again. Honourable mentions to well left, King Woodie, Snag Breac and the 10th letter

Last edited:
Are you MC-ing the award night this year the mighty T

8. The Tom Langdon Award - I'm not sure on this one, it would help is we had a list of candidates for this.

The Welcome thread isn't a bad place to have a look, has a good number of the 2014 joinees but I do know what you're saying.

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Hardas (not a podcaster or much of a thread initiator, but an excellent overall poster)

2. The Eddie McGuire Award - Bring_Back_Brad (say no more)

3. The Dane Swan Award - Markfs (gives new meaning to the concepts of 'colourful' and 'entertaining')

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - Magpie Girl (unrivalled)

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - Gone Critical (I know, another mod, but GC never wastes words and nearly always nails it)

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - Maggie5 (steadfast in her defence of Collingwood, but without rose-coloured glasses, and respectful of others)

7. The Travis Cloke Award - intentionally blank

8. The Tom Langdon Award - Anzacday (great recent member of our Board, and hard to split with ottoman)

9. The Dale Tapping Award - MagpieBat (a close call with mattys123; very hard to split these two)

10. The Heath Shaw Award - some go missing for short periods, and some go missing for long! Sometimes its a joy to see them return, and sometimes...

Apologies to a bunch of other posters who I enjoy seeing (eg. eddiebankbalance, nahnah) but my votes are as follows:

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - mattys123

2. The Eddie McGuire Award - TradeDraft (cannot question his love and loyalty to our Pies)

3. The Dane Swan Award - Markfs

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - Magpie Girl (like the travel stuff and general)

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - Obese Arachnid

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - Never really kept track of this, Tbone McGraw (?? I found a couple post of him saying nice things to brissy fans.)

7. The Travis Cloke Award - Bring_Back_Brad - can be full of sh!t but posts some decent stuff when he lets his guard down.

8. The Tom Langdon Award - ottoman

9. The Dale Tapping Award - MagpieBat

10. The Heath Shaw Award - Blaze (banned but I miss his av) also Ulahoopski (great av too)

Last edited:

You can vote in two ways:

1) Post your votes in this thread, with your nominee next to the category for which you are nominating them e.g. DownTheWing - The Nathan Buckley Award

or

2) PM your votes to me in the same format. Copy a list of the awards and put your SINGLE nomination next to it. Mark the PM “votes”

Voting will close on Tuesday at Midnight EDST the 9th of December.. so you have a little time to study the boards and choose “THE BEST” of the best.

You are allowed to nominate for a person in a particular category only ONCE.. however, you can vote for the same poster in other categories. Just don't nominate yourself!

Date of award presentation is yet to be set in stone, but Wednesday the 10th looks good to me.

The categories are:

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Best Poster 2014
The poster you think best represents this board in the way they post and have been the best poster this season. Their contribution can be evaluated by their posting history, contribution to podcasts and creation of threads.

2. The Eddie McGuire Award
For he or she who is the most one-eyed.

3. The Dane Swan Award
No, this is not the award for the biggest bender or night out (partly because I'd win by the length of the Flemington straight, but I digress..). This is for our most colorful and entertaining poster.

4. The Nick Maxwell Award
For the best poster in the Nest, the Random Thoughts thread and all contributions outside the football side of things (for those that dont frequent the Nest).

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award
Given to the individual who is the most effective and efficient in their posts. They may not create a bunch of threads or post 20 times a day, but their accuracy and effectiveness sets them apart.

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award
For the staunchest defender of our club who also shows the utmost respect for the opinions of opposition supporters.. See the Judas (read Dayne Beam$) thread for some inspiration

7. The Travis Cloke Award
For the most frustrating poster on the Collingwood Board. I know, ridiculous to think that any of us could be frustrating.

8. The Tom Langdon Award
Our best first year poster, must be registered in 2014

9. The Dale Tapping Award
For the best and most committed VFL spectator and reviewer

10. The Heath Shaw Award
For the member of our forum (past or present) who we wished was around more often than they currently are.

Let the voting commence!​

Nathan Buckley: Snoop Dog
Eddie McGuire: mattys123
Dane Swan: Reykjavik
Nick Maxwell: Magpie Girl
Scott Pendlebury: Old Spice
Presti: Gone Critical
Travis Cloke: Krueger
Tom Langdon: Anzacday
Dale Tapping MagpieBat
Heath Shaw: Snag Breac

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rorzza is one to consider for The Tom Langdon best first year poster award.

Where in FNQ are you mate?
There's Morganashlee, SA Pies, and boxmatrix to consider, as well as those already mentioned :)

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Old Spice Old Man Spice is the best poster this year

2. The Eddie McGuire Award - Bring_Back_Brad Easily the most one eyed

3. The Dane Swan Award - THATSGOLD Brings a lot of buzz

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - Not Sure

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - popin :)

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - Not sure

7. The Travis Cloke Award - That poster who really annoyed me one time but i can't remember their name

8. The Tom Langdon Award - Apex36

9. The Dale Tapping Award - not sure

10. The Heath Shaw Award - Demonalke

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Old Spice Old Man Spice is the best poster this year

2. The Eddie McGuire Award - Bring_Back_Brad Easily the most one eyed

3. The Dane Swan Award - THATSGOLD Brings a lot of buzz

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - Not Sure

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - popin :)

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - Not sure

7. The Travis Cloke Award - That poster who really annoyed me one time but i can't remember their name

8. The Tom Langdon Award - Apex36

9. The Dale Tapping Award - not sure

10. The Heath Shaw Award - Demonalke

1. The Nathan Buckley Award - Old Spice

2. The Eddie McGuire Award - TradeDraft

3. The Dane Swan Award - NT.Thunder special mention to Obese Arachnid Bring_Back_Brad and Reykjavik

4. The Nick Maxwell Award - Magpie Girl

5. The Scott Pendlebury Award - Knightmare

6. The Simon Prestigiacomo Award - Gone Critical

7. The Travis Cloke Award - THATSGOLD I think you have this award in the bag mate

8. The Tom Langdon Award - Anzacday special mention Apex36

9. The Dale Tapping Award - MagpieBat

10. The Heath Shaw Award - doodles98

Remove this Banner Ad

Back