List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today if I was Christian Petracca I'd deliberately blow my interviews with Melbourne when they come calling for a chat. I would not be wanting to go anywhere near that club.
He should just be honest with them and tell them he thinks their a rabble and he'll spew if he has to wear their jumper. ...

After today if I was Christian Petracca I'd deliberately blow my interviews with Melbourne when they come calling for a chat. I would not be wanting to go anywhere near that club.

Unfortunately for him, I'm almost positive he's going there.

Was talking today to some people who would know and it's pretty certain the top two are McCartin and Petracca.

Watching today, Melbourne will have pick two and probably three.

Another couple of talents going down the drain.

In news closer to us, Laverde was sensational apparently this weekend. Still hearing he's the one we want. Don't know the validity of this though.

Was talking today to some people who would know and it's pretty certain the top two are McCartin and Petracca.

In news closer to us, Laverde was sensational apparently this weekend. Still hearing he's the one we want. Don't know the validity of this though.

Can't see how anybody would offer Frawley enough now to get them a first round pick. He is god damn awful. He can walk as an unrestricted free agent anyway so i'd imagine most clubs would look at Daisy and not want to be saddled with a 600-700k 3 year contract.

Laverde named best on and Duggan third best.

Interesting that Goddard was named best on without kicking a goal. Think the knock on him is his inability to grab games by the throat so will be interesting to see if he does that more often. Still don't want him though and I doubt he'd be in our calculations.

Suppose that is the big drawback to this winning streak, we may play ourselves out of getting our preferred target, then again we might end up with someone that better suits our needs without having to reach for them.

Laverde named best on and Duggan third best.

Interesting that Goddard was named best on without kicking a goal. Think the knock on him is his inability to grab games by the throat so will be interesting to see if he does that more often. Still don't want him though and I doubt he'd be in our calculations.

Hasn't he been playing down back?

No idea. Thought he was a roaming CHF type. Only played 3 TAC cup games and in one of them he kicked 3 so I assumed he was playing up forward.

He definitely played forward before the under 18 champs. Just thinking he may be playing back after playing there the back end of the champs.

Having seen him play KPD a few times at VFL level I have seen that 1-1 ability and he is quite good when he sticks to the task. He doesn't have the rebound game of a Darrou, but at 197cm/97kg he has the tools to be a decent KPD when he learns the finer points of the role. If it was up to me I'd give him a 1 year deal and see if he continues to develop. Having just turned 21 he has time on his side.
Good feedback mate and I hope he gets the idea. I agree with the 1 year deal to see how we go. Does this mean Darrou gets the lemon and sarse?

Can't see how anybody would offer Frawley enough now to get them a first round pick. He is god damn awful. He can walk as an unrestricted free agent anyway so i'd imagine most clubs would look at Daisy and not want to be saddled with a 600-700k 3 year contract.
Max contract price of 500k, which should only be a end of 1st rounder, or second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen him play but Josh Glenn is someone who interest me with our second or third round pick. Could be a replacement for Morris who's lack of offensive game will or should hold him back from being in the best 22 especially if we're hoping to finish high up the ladder.

I haven't seen him play but Josh Glenn is someone who interest me with our second or third round pick. Could be a replacement for Morris who's lack of offensive game will or should hold him back from being in the best 22 especially if we're hoping to finish high up the ladder.
Was very good last year and Chris is saying he's improved a lot. Would be a nice pick up.

I have been told from a reasonably reliable source Todd Elton is gone.
Would he be one we would consider delisting then taking back on the rookie list to see if he develops? I guess at his size if he'd shown any signs he would make it, someone would sign him up before we could re-rookie him...

Said it before, but it really is a shame Darrou isn't an inch or two taller :-(

Would he be one we would consider delisting then taking back on the rookie list to see if he develops? I guess at his size if he'd shown any signs he would make it, someone would sign him up before we could re-rookie him...

Said it before, but it really is a shame Darrou isn't an inch or two taller :-(

Does that mean we at least keep Darrou on the VFL list ? Or have you heard anything regarding him ?

As a side note has anyone heard anything regarding Hellbig ??

Does that mean we at least keep Darrou on the VFL list ? Or have you heard anything regarding him ?

As a side note has anyone heard anything regarding Hellbig ??
having spoken to ben at the Bendigo match he wants to be there next year as for hellbig playing his role well limiting his errors up to the club on both but ben has to be upgraded or let go so toss of the coin for him

Is Paul Ahern going to be gone before our first pick in the draft now guys? I am very impressed with what I have read about him and he sounds like that classy speedy midfielder who can kick goals that we are missing.

having spoken to ben at the Bendigo match he wants to be there next year as for hellbig playing his role well limiting his errors up to the club on both but ben has to be upgraded or let go so toss of the coin for him
No idea. I hope we do, but at the same time his height might make the club question whether there will ever be a role for him at AFL level.

Bugger !!

How reputable is Paige Cardona? She's got us taking Weller at 7 with Durdin, Lever, Ahern, Laverde and Pickett all still on the table. Wouldn't be unhappy with Weller but a few of those other names would surely make us think twice.

How reputable is Paige Cardona? She's got us taking Weller at 7 with Durdin, Lever, Ahern, Laverde and Pickett all still on the table. Wouldn't be unhappy with Weller but a few of those other names would surely make us think twice.
Weller is a star. I'd take Durdin over him. Laverde and Lever at roughly same level then Ahern and finally Pickett.

Paige does TAC cup radio every week so she see's a lot of under age football. Her biggest weakness like most draft watches is she latches on to her favourites and i don't she has a strong understanding of most teams outside of Collingwoods list. I also think its Knightmares biggest problem understanding the strengths and weakness of lists other then Collingwood and overrating players picked by Collingwood.

Would love Weller personally.

She had a bad rep for a while as she put out drafts without watching many/any games but as stated she does TAC radio now so you'd think she'd be clued on. Weller looks the goods, it's just the worry that your picking a guy from second tier like we did with Tambling, based on SANFL reserves form. Plus he's also an academy player so you'd think he'd have the little edge in development over the other guys.

IF we make finals and heaven forbid win one, we'd be looking late first round and that might change our outlook. At 13/14 I'd take a look at Marchbank or DeGoey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back