List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have u heard of who we are into?

Just hearing the fallout from this trade period, its a little depressing lol. The reality simply is the famous 6 we re signed were either not wanted by other clubs or offers were low balled. Spewing about Sando getting the arse from the crows. If he had of still be coach McDonough would have gone for a second rounder. We nibbled at k Harper from norf but to little to late.

Will be a interesting delisted and rookie drafts. We need a inside and outside mids so thats two at a minimum. I am going to hold hope, till the end of all draft periods before i either dance or lose my s**t.

Just hearing the fallout from this trade period, its a little depressing lol. The reality simply is the famous 6 we re signed were either not wanted by other clubs or offers were low balled. Spewing about Sando getting the arse from the crows. If he had of still be coach McDonough would have gone for a second rounder. We nibbled at k Harper from norf but to little to late.

Will be a interesting delisted and rookie drafts. We need a inside and outside mids so thats two at a minimum. I am going to hold hope, till the end of all draft periods before i either dance or lose my s**t.
Thanks but I meant do you know who we want in the draft?
The last 3-4 years we have heard pretty far out on who we are keen on

no shocks with this - with DFA, more and more clubs seem to be waiting for this trigger to occur than the good old round 6 trades of years gone by

Spewing about Sando getting the arse from the crows. If he had of still be coach McDonough would have gone for a second rounder.
I like Donut. Has a bit of silk about him. Certainly don't think a second rounder would've been a clear win.

I am going to hold hope, till the end of all draft periods before i either dance or lose my s**t.
Yep, agree. Don't think trade period should be judged in isolation from DFA signings and the draft.

Thanks but I meant do you know who we want in the draft?
The last 3-4 years we have heard pretty far out on who we are keen on

lol no dude. I think we just grab a cup with two 20 sided dice with names scribbled of each draftee on each side. Then we throw the dice on a table and the names that pop up is who we go after. Obviously we do that system after our round one choice :p. I live in perennial hope as nothings permanently bad and everything improves but to me Francis and Blair have this year left on my free card. If Francis again stuffs up several picks outside of the first round, well, i will vote for a change.

If Blair does not get a nugget or two in his main drafts again he should be moved on as outside of his initial successes, he has not done much.

I really like Harper, liked him in his draft year. Exact type we need, however apparently he struggles with having to play within a system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the word on Liam Duggan? just did a quick read-up on him and sounds pretty good to me. Anyone got some more information on him?

If we had the choice of Pickett, Cockatoo, Duggan who would people want?

What's the word on Liam Duggan? just did a quick read-up on him and sounds pretty good to me. Anyone got some more information on him?

If we had the choice of Pickett, Cockatoo, Duggan who would people want?

Yeah Pickett won't be there. Cockatoo vs. Duggan - personally I'd go for Duggan. Cockatoo is just too unknown. Certainly wouldn't be disappointed with him though.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we took Cockatoo with 12, but i'm happy if we don't. He's the hype player of the draft, every draft has one, and that takes him from a guy probably 20-30 to most likely in the first round. Simply put there will be better players available at 12 than him. That said, despite the hype and everything else, he is the exact type we need, so while he might not be worth pick 12, he might be worth closer to that to Richmond.

What are Geelong up to? Just traded 14 up to 10. Must be after someone but who?

Crows must be after a KPP - Marchbank or Goddard. At ten they were with a chance to get one of the top rated mids. I would have thought they would have held 10 in the hope of picking up Durdin.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cats were after Pickett or Ahern. Perhaps now with GWS having 3 picks another KPP player might sneak into the top 10.

Crows must be after a KPP - Marchbank or Goddard. At ten they were with a chance to get one of the top rated mids. I would have thought they would have held 10 in the hope of picking up Durdin.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cats were after Pickett or Ahern. Perhaps now with GWS having 3 picks another KPP player might sneak into the top 10.
Makes sense as Cats lost Christensen and Crows Rutten.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we took Cockatoo with 12, but i'm happy if we don't. He's the hype player of the draft, every draft has one, and that takes him from a guy probably 20-30 to most likely in the first round. Simply put there will be better players available at 12 than him. That said, despite the hype and everything else, he is the exact type we need, so while he might not be worth pick 12, he might be worth closer to that to Richmond.

Thing that worries me a bit about Cockatoo is his injuries. Will they continue?

Well without really knowing anything about the players in the draft other than what I have read on here and the net in general.... I would love us to take a risk on Cockatoo.... we rarely take risks and perhaps it's time.... the kid seems to have perseverance and elite speed (which we desperately need!). However I would expect us to also take the best available line and maybe end up with Duggan, DoGoey (or whatever his name is), Ahern or Weller which is understandable, if not a little boring! I'd also have a crack at the midget with our 2nd rounder. He must be able to draw free kicks with ease. He'll kick 50 goals just from frees next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back