List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O
I am sure we are still in the mix for Frawley, if we want him. $wans probably just trying to make us pay overs for him. That is the other advantage of their cap and ambassadorial rort. They can jack the price up if they feel a contender is interested in a player.
Players I would hope we are making advances towards -
Luke Parker
Tom Mitchell
Dylan Shiel
Dangerfield (apparently we are heavily into his ear now for 2016)
James Frawley
Scott Thompson (North variety)

These are just people I hope we are looking into, I know some of them are still within contracts but that's what trades are for. We have a few lower players that could be offered up with picks -

Hallahan
Lowden
Grimley
Cheney
Litherland
Duryea

I am sure there are others that would be let go for the right offer too. I am not saying I want any of the above to go but they might be offered as a part of deals to get a better player.
My son has a tip truck that used to belong to Dangerfield apparently. My nephew lives in Airey's.....

That's not terribly important or interesting but does make me really want him at our club cos my son would lose his sh&t retrospectively. Oh yeah - he's also a pretty awesome player (not my son)

I can't see us getting more than 3rd round picks for any of those players, except maybe Gus
I probably would have said the same about Gilham at the time we traded him for Anderson too. Injury prone, slow and slightly undersized KPD. I was talking about bundling one of those in with a first rounder for a player that fills a void, ala the Savage deal. I know you have to give quality to get quality but sometimes sides will have to pay overs to get what they want.

It has been reported twice that we have already been talking to him. Problem is that apparently Geelong are in the same boat. Reports are that he is mainly weighing up the chances of success vs the $$. My comment was not from inside Hawks knowledge but from the other camp. Nothing done and dusted at all and lots to play out but from the reports I get it is currently a 3 horse race.

I probably would have said the same about Gilham at the time we traded him for Anderson too. Injury prone, slow and slightly undersized KPD. I was talking about bundling one of those in with a first rounder for a player that fills a void, ala the Savage deal. I know you have to give quality to get quality but sometimes sides will have to pay overs to get what they want.
Gilham likely brought more than just his worth as a player on the field. Great team man and was more experienced than those mentioned

Gilham likely brought more than just his worth as a player on the field. Great team man and was more experienced than those mentioned

I agree about Gilham to an extent but sometimes it is all about how you package it up. Litherland and Hallahan have FAR more upside than Gilham for example and are still very experienced in the running of a top flite club, as evidenced by how both have stepped into the seniors seamlessly. Same could be said for the resiliance and performance of Lowden on debut.

Possible flash in the pan performances I hear you say mr list manager from another club or a glimpse into the tip of their performance iceberg??

I agree about Gilham to an extent but sometimes it is all about how you package it up. Litherland and Hallahan have FAR more upside than Gilham for example and are still very experienced in the running of a top flite club, as evidenced by how both have stepped into the seniors seamlessly. Same could be said for the resiliance and performance of Lowden on debut.

Possible flash in the pan performances I hear you say mr list manager from another club or a glimpse into the tip of their performance iceberg??
Yep - but don't want to lose Litherland!!

Yep - but don't want to lose Litherland!!
If he brought in the right offer I say do it. He is fantastic but if GWS and the Hawks were talking and it came to Shiel and GWS 3rd pick for Litherland and our first pick I would jump at it. Not likely but, again, neither was GWS coming in and offering Anderson for Gilham and small change

I have an update on Shiel but it isn't a good one for GWS or Hawthorn.
Carlton chasing Tom Mitchell and Adelaide in talks with Phil Davis!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go on...?
338262-richard-colless.jpg

I've heard that he suffers quite a lot of chronic pain in his leg since his injury. Don't know how it will affect him in the long term but doesn't seem worth it. Rather try and get Luke Parker.

I'm sure the Hawks would do a furor medical if Rowan become available, the thing is he'd come cheap and we wouldn't have to give much to get him.
Though I admit their are question marks, his upside is massive.
Parker won't be going anywhere in a hurry.

Can
If Gary Rohan ever pulls on the Hawks Guernsey then I'll shoot myself in the nuts.

Can I ask why you would say that, he was playing good football before he got injured.

How many players struggle, the year after a serious injury, he's a 24 year old big midfielder, he'd give us something we don't have.

Can

Can I ask why you would say that, he was playing good football before he got injured.

How many players struggle, the year after a serious injury, he's a 24 year old big midfielder, he'd give us something we don't have.

For mine Rohan hasn't played good footy now for almost 3 years ever since he first broke his leg.....For some players the mental/physical scars are just too great to overcome....From memory it was as bad as Nathan Brown's....A big NO.

Apparently, Malceski has shelved contract talks until the end of the season & is a restricted free agent come this October & will be 30 in August!.....

Shaun Higgins was dropped to the VFL the other weekend, for no apparent reason other than he refuses to re-sign with them & will definitely be plying his trade in another teams colours in 2015....Has overcome his foot/Navicular issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back