List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think the club would dangle O'Brien on the trade table for a mid? He looks like he'll be a handy player and I personally would love to see him stay, but I wonder if he could be a carrot (mind the pun) in landing an up and coming midfielder from elsewhere. Quality for quality and all that.

Lazy journalism! Since February Hawks have been linked with everyone. Robinson is an awful footballer and would struggle to make the Box Hill side so NO!
Totally agree. And I've invested a lot of time hating him and any mention of going to the Hawks makes my skin crawl. Also can't believe how some commentators talk up his ability and aggression towards the ball.

Adelaide quite keen on Schoey... Also they are still keen on O'Brien as they are hurt that they missed on him... Any sniff of a Dangers trade...

Adelaide quite keen on Schoey... Also they are still keen on O'Brien as they are hurt that they missed on him... Any sniff of a Dangers trade...
Don't see a great future for Schoey with the Hawks. With all the injuries this year he has certainly had his chances and hasn't really maximised his opportunity to shine. Now that he is likely to miss the PF and a possible GF appearance, I think he'll be wanting to go. Spangher and Litherland have clearly pushed him out.
And I reckon Suckling is on thin ice, but can't see him going anywhere just yet.

Don't see a great future for Schoey with the Hawks. With all the injuries this year he has certainly had his chances and hasn't really maximised his opportunity to shine. Now that he is likely to miss the PF and a possible GF appearance, I think he'll be wanting to go. Spangher and Litherland have clearly pushed him out.
And I reckon Suckling is on thin ice, but can't see him going anywhere just yet.

Suckers 1 trick pony, give him to Tigers or Dees

The TAC Cup Future Stars phantom draft have us picking Tom Lamb.

20. GWS - Corey Ellis
19. Essendon - Clem Smith
18. Sydney - Isaac Heeney
17. Hawthorn - Tom Lamb
16. Port Adelaide - Hugh Goddard
15. North Melbourne - Ed Vickers-Willis
14. Gold Coast - Lachie Weller
13. Geelong - Caleb Marchbank
12. Fremantle - Kyle Langford
11. Richmond - Liam Duggan
10. West Coast - Jarrod Pickett
9. Adelaide - Sam Durdin
8. Collingwood - Darcy Moore
7. Gold Coast - Paul Ahern
6. Carlton - Jayden Laverde
5. Western Bulldogs - Jake Lever
4. Brisbane Lions - Patrick McCartin
3. GWS - Peter Wright
2. Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw
1. St Kilda - Christian Petracca

Yeah, but they have our pick mixed up with the Swans for some reason.

None of those players was reported during the season.

E.G first anyone heard of Gunston to Hawthorn was when his manager suggested he would be a good fit for the hawks:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...lubs-chasing-him/story-e6frf3e3-1226143300901

But that was ages ago, Media have stepped up & they attack every player, anyway you didn't say that, you just said reported... McEvoy doesn't count because Hawks didn't go into trade period after him. Graham was suprised that St Kilda said yes to him due to Savage deal.

Grimley won't be on the list next year, and isn't AFL standard
Hale is very close to the end
Lowden is apparently off to Port next year

How's our ruck/forward stocks looking now?

Rest assured that if Lowden does indeed leave, (and I believe he will) Grim will be staying.

Does anyone think the club would dangle O'Brien on the trade table for a mid? He looks like he'll be a handy player and I personally would love to see him stay, but I wonder if he could be a carrot (mind the pun) in landing an up and coming midfielder from elsewhere. Quality for quality and all that.

:( I really hope not. Obie is an absolute jet.

If O'Brien gets traded Grimley will stay. Why is there a choice between Lowden & Grimley. Grimley hasn't been playing ruck...

If O'Brien gets traded Grimley will stay. Why is there a choice between Lowden & Grimley. Grimley hasn't been playing ruck...

In my opinion you have to split your ruckmen down the middle. I have Lowden and McEvoy as the #1 rucks, both would play and contribute mainly as a ruckman. Then I have Hale and Grim as the forward/ second rucks, playing a large portion of game time forward. With Hale being 30, 31 (?) Grimley could be absolutely integral given he's proven he can kick goals and in big bags too lately.

That said, it's obvious the club disagree's with me, just my thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion you have to split your ruckmen down the middle. I have Lowden and McEvoy as the #1 rucks, both would play and contribute mainly as a ruckman. Then I have Hale and Grim as the forward/ second rucks, playing a large portion of game time forward. With Hale being 30, 31 (?) Grimley could be absolutely integral given he's proven he can kick goals and in big bags too lately.

That said, it's obvious the club disagree's with me, just my thoughts.

Where's Ceglar in all this? Also Harrison Dear can pinch hit if we get him as a F/S

Where's Ceglar in all this? Also Harrison Dear can pinch hit if we get him as a F/S

Yeah that was why I said the club obviously doesn't agree with me. I don't particularly rate his ruck work (behind Lowds, on par with McEvoy but offers less around the ground) and as a forward he's quite lost and Hale is our obvious first choice there, Grim has kicked good bags of goals so I rate him better as a forward too.

As I said, club doesn't agree with me and that's fine, but that's how I see it.

RE: Dear, we're simply not going to expect him to ruck at all in his first few seasons. And on Grim not rucking this season, it's a bit hard to with two of McEvoy, Ceglar and Hale in the Box Hill side week in, week out.

Maybe a smokescreen?
Clark has had serious health issues, so keeping everything hush hush may just be the right way to go
No undue pressure on him in the lead up to trade
If his health and foot were given the all clear, I'd be interested for sure!

Mitch Robinson......GAGF!

Aw, c'mon ST.
He is such a quality player and a fine upstanding member of the community.

I would be a little concerned that he seems to be very close friends with Jed Anderson.. Bad influence and all that.

But that was ages ago, Media have stepped up & they attack every player, anyway you didn't say that, you just said reported... McEvoy doesn't count because Hawks didn't go into trade period after him. Graham was suprised that St Kilda said yes to him due to Savage deal.
When a player announces they are leaving the club and the player or player manager make public announcements about the destination then it isn't 'leaked' information. The media don't seem to know who we are after until we want them to know. You can't tell me a guy like Burgoyne decides to leave the club and then starts talking to clubs publicly. We would have been into him for weeks if not longer before it was ever made public.

When a player announces they are leaving the club and the player or player manager make public announcements about the destination then it isn't 'leaked' information. The media don't seem to know who we are after until we want them to know. You can't tell me a guy like Burgoyne decides to leave the club and then starts talking to clubs publicly. We would have been into him for weeks if not longer before it was ever made public.

It's different though, we are in a position to shop aggressively... That's what we seems to have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back