2014 LFFL Draft: Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I expected the more experienced guys on here to take the players at the tpp of my list...not the new guys....two of the more experienced guys taking past it hacks who will most likely play a couple of games each

I expected the more experienced guys on here to take the players at the tpp of my list...not the new guys....two of the more experienced guys taking past it hacks who will most likely play a couple of games each
With thinking like that, Drew, you'll never be collecting any silverware. Draft for now.

Find myself agreeing with amos (eww).

Both Cox and Sandy can pump out huge scores on their day. Both worthy picks, with Sandi's fitness the only question mark there. Would have taken Cox though. Not like they have to be carried over if they do drop off.

Find myself agreeing with amos (eww).

Both Cox and Sandy can pump out huge scores on their day. Both worthy picks, with Sandi's fitness the only question mark there. Would have taken Cox though. Not like they have to be carried over if they do drop off.
Yes, I would have taken Cox in all honesty. However, I'm worried for Sandi. I doubt he'll play too many games next year with the return of Griffen and the rise of Clarke.

Sandy os freos best ruck when fit.....the issue is he has been injured the more he gets older and has an on going foot issue. ..

The other player I was referring to was James Kelly believe it or not. ...Chris Scotts regime is now to rejuvenate the cats list with youth....bringing in younger players such as mccarthy, schroder, josh caddy, george horlin smith will mean plauers like kelly will spend less time in the midfield...

Cox is a hard one bexause every year pepple think he will slow down but it never seems to happen

Sandy os freos best ruck when fit.....the issue is he has been injured the more he gets older and has an on going foot issue. ..

The other player I was referring to was James Kelly believe it or not. ...Chris Scotts regime is now to rejuvenate the cats list with youth....bringing in younger players such as mccarthy, schroder, josh caddy, george horlin smith will mean plauers like kelly will spend less time in the midfield...

Cox is a hard one bexause every year pepple think he will slow down but it never seems to happen
Lol Kelly is used as a tackler and currently averages 38 as the best in the comp. Doesn't need to have excessive midfield time to rack up numbers. Regardless I think he'll still be around that tackling average again.

Sandilands was a ridiculously good pick. Good luck finding any rucks left that are even remotely capable of what he scores. And another captaincy option is equally important; hardly a risky captaincy choice either. And who said they're worried about Sandi's game time with Clarke et tal. Pfft. Game time of ruck men accross the league will be spread between two big men. At least when Sandi's there, he'll clock up easy numbers at will and will more often than not smash his opponent. Sandy would not have lasted out the round. There's too many coaches on the league that actually understand the LFFL now.

Sandilands was a ridiculously good pick. Good luck finding any rucks left that are even remotely capable of what he scores. And another captaincy option is equally important; hardly a risky captaincy choice either. And who said they're worried about Sandi's game time with Clarke et tal. Pfft. Game time of ruck men accross the league will be spread between two big men. At least when Sandi's there, he'll clock up easy numbers at will and will more often than not smash his opponent. Sandy would not have lasted out the round. There's too many coaches on the league that actually understand the LFFL now.
I have no doubt Sandi is a great pick. Fully fit, he'd be a top #5 pick overall let alone in a compromised draft. The only query I have on him is his fitness with that turf toe. If he stays fit, he's a steal. If he continues his injury run then it could come back to bite you, that's all. Basically it is a huge game, high risk/high reward. That "live and die by the sword" type stuff. In 12 months we'll know whether it was a gamble worth taking.

In saying that, he wasn't high on my needs because I have Leuey and Pendles so a tackler was more urgent.

But I'm looking forward to see which gun Drew is going to pick up and make us all look stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i had question marks over both Cox and Sandi, Both as player cannot be questioned at the picks they were taken as far as i can see in terms of what there best is.

Cox wont be playing as much time in the ruck if NicNat is fit that was my question mark, will this drop him to 20 or so hitouts per game, or will it mean more marks ect?

And Sandi as has been mentioned has his injury history which over the last 2 years isnt pleasant reading for a fantasy coach.

In saying this i took Maric with a high pick hoping he can get 5-10 more hits and 1-2 more marks than last year and find some 2012 form, there were very few solid rucks to lock in after the carry over period. Also Maric is younger and will be around when Cox and Sandi arnt if he finds form.

Nearly every choice has a Q over it in this department.

Correct, sr20. The aforementioned scoring system would make for the following;

Backs = Disposals (1) + Marks (2)
Inside Mid = Contested Possession (1.5) + Clearances (3)
Outside Mid = Uncontested Possession (1.5) + Clearances (3)
Forwards = Disposals/2 (1) + Marks (2) + Goals (6) + Behinds (1)
Tackles = Tackles (5)
Ruck = Hitouts (1) + Marks (2)
Utility = Disposals (1) + Marks (2) + Hitouts (1) + Tackles (5) + Clearances (3)

UC and CP are 1.5

Yeah we agreed to 1.5 so I guess it will be that. Damn, could have changed my own selection haha.

damn, me too. And to make matters worse, im pretty sure was was holding a placard at the march!

I forgot the whole 1.5 thing for contested and uncontested possessions but don't think it would have had any effect on my first two selections anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back