2014 LFFL Draft: Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually it makes him better. Was ranked 15th before, moved up to 11th overall.

Fair enough, he ranks very evenly over a number of categories but is not a huge scorer in any.

n saying that he is at a good age bracket imo where he could still improve, no big loss.

Just saw Mitchell hitting 40ppg.

I think Ill play him as an IM there aren't any good ones left. Unless the person I'm after doesn't drop to my next pick then I might have to play him as a tackler.

s**t forgot about the 1.5 thing.

And can everyone stop picking former Rednecks please. Mundy, Jones and Gunston all drafted and Barlow and Boak (half mine) were both taken as pre-draft selections. Stahp pls

Yeh, four carryovers and then using a fifth rounder mean on tacklers making the tackler position the least important. Common trap. You can be Ratts and I'll be Clarko, Dedds. Let's spend some time together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah was about time that team found a few quality players ;)
I know. I was shocked that I fluked one. Libba, Buddy, Roo and Sandi are going to get me nowhere. I'm bottoming out, mate.

Nah, we haven't brought it in yet so can't really do it mid-draft. If enough people are keen could be something for next year though.
I'm all for the trading of picks in he next draft.

Really like Grundy as a pick BoshtrichBurger. I'm quite obviously bias but will be the number one ruck next year and finds the footy as well as gets hitouts. Could be a utility option in a couple of years too, like a Maric/Mumford type. For a team that has the chance to base carryovers around young talented players, Grundy is a great step in the right direction.

Really like Grundy as a pick BoshtrichBurger. I'm quite obviously bias but will be the number one ruck next year and finds the footy as well as gets hitouts. Could be a utility option in a couple of years too, like a Maric/Mumford type. For a team that has the chance to base carryovers around young talented players, Grundy is a great step in the right direction.
Yeah I'm happy with the pick seeing as though the rucks stock was getting a bit thin.

Grundy's sky is the limit! :D

back at uni, pie. not heaps of time anymore. i actually had something before I realised the cp and up were 1.5 though. for those after a ego crush, I'll oblige though ... disclaimer, I dont do stats. my footnote is the only reference needed to form these 'opinions'

#1 - TRFC - Daniel Hannebery (Sydney) - fail
#2 - American Rednecks - Dean Cox (West Coast) - ok
#3 - City Oval Plovers - David Mundy (Fremantle) - pass
#4 - Safety Bay Stormers - Ben McEvoy (St Kilda) - pass
#5 - The Alley Gators - Michael Walters (Fremantle ) - fail
#6 - Woodville Wolverines - Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide) - fail
#7 - Melbourne Heat - Paddy Ryder (Essendon) - super fail
#8 - Classy Gentlemen - Tom Hawkins (Geelong) - pass
#9 - Mozzie Bites - Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle) - super pass
#10 - The Repeaters - James Kelly (Geelong) - super pass
#11 - South-Eastern Polar Bears - Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) - super pass
#12 - The Ladyboys - Nathan Jones (Melbourne) - super pass
#13 - Animals run wild - Jack Ziebell (North Melbourne) - super pass
#14 - The Cheetahs - Ryan O'Keefe (Sydney) - ok

Pisse off with me, join the queue, BUT, ask nicely, and I'll tell you why I said what I did. If you disagree, ICGAF :) Go Mozzie Bites,

Thoughts on Pyke?
Pyke's name doesnt sit well with me as a second rounder. Im sure stats will say otherwise but personally I cant select players that are *s. You wont lose too many points against his direct opponents though so it's a pass.

back at uni, pie. not heaps of time anymore. i actually had something before I realised the cp and up were 1.5 though. for those after a ego crush, I'll oblige though ... disclaimer, I dont do stats. my footnote is the only reference needed to form these 'opinions'

#1 - TRFC - Daniel Hannebery (Sydney) - fail
#2 - American Rednecks - Dean Cox (West Coast) - ok
#3 - City Oval Plovers - David Mundy (Fremantle) - pass
#4 - Safety Bay Stormers - Ben McEvoy (St Kilda) - pass
#5 - The Alley Gators - Michael Walters (Fremantle ) - fail
#6 - Woodville Wolverines - Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide) - fail
#7 - Melbourne Heat - Paddy Ryder (Essendon) - super fail
#8 - Classy Gentlemen - Tom Hawkins (Geelong) - pass
#9 - Mozzie Bites - Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle) - super pass
#10 - The Repeaters - James Kelly (Geelong) - super pass
#11 - South-Eastern Polar Bears - Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) - super pass
#12 - The Ladyboys - Nathan Jones (Melbourne) - super pass
#13 - Animals run wild - Jack Ziebell (North Melbourne) - super pass
#14 - The Cheetahs - Ryan O'Keefe (Sydney) - ok

Pisse off with me, join the queue, BUT, ask nicely, and I'll tell you why I said what I did. If you disagree, ICGAF :) Go Mozzie Bites,
So in short, the contenders did great, everyone else failed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back