2014 LFFL Draft: Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't work.
Oone, two, three, four, five , six points matter s**t. How often do players score 38, 39, 38, 37, 39, 40, 37, 38? Stats are overrated. Better off going for players you enjoy watching, alas our underlying motto "tardiorem non receperint"

Tom Lynch (Adelaide)

While his average was brought up against GWS, still averages 36 as a forward.

Oh wait there were no good forwards left, carry on :)

On my phone so can't tag but that amos dude is up.

Not sure he'll be playing the same role next season Pie. Tex will be back, and the club will be keen to play Pods. Lynch will be up against LJ, JJ, Pods and McKernan.

Exactly what wag stated....has a great average.(mainly due to 90 against gws). But with several other options in the forward half this year may struggle.... or may flourish with a better forward line who knows.

Better forward options still remain imo

Not sure he'll be playing the same role next season Pie. Tex will be back, and the club will be keen to play Pods. Lynch will be up against LJ, JJ, Pods and McKernan.

STFU, stats say he's a great selection.

Remember Sando saying Pods could potentially play down back and Lynch will get a game ahead of the rest. Will still average over 30.

He also said good teams don't tag players, but you know, go with that.
If your team is good enough to beat the opposition 1v1 every time you don't need to tag anyone so that makes sense :)

We shall see.

Are you able to give me a breakdown of Tom Lynchs Backman and Forward stats without that game Pie 4 Life
31 and 30. Equal with best forward available. He averages seven marks a game even without that match so I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like he's suddenly a 25 PPG forward.

They will play different roles. It's hardly like he's going to be playing reserves after his season. Worst comes to worst he plays high half forward gets 20 touches 5 marks a game and still hits 30. Has room for improvement too which is better than a lot of forwards left. I'd still rather a tall over a small unless a small is capable of playing midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see what happens with him in any case. Especially with Lewis Johnston coming on the way he did in the latter parts of the year. Walker, Podsiadly, Johnston, Lynch, there may be some hope for the Crows Forward Line yet.

I avoided him firstly because I already have two forwards, and secondly because I think LJ will be there and he might get pushed out if Pods plays forward.

Lynch is a great fail pick. Most of Lynch's marks are up the ground anyways, so with the impending return of Tex, it won't effect Lynch much.
Edited to display the majority LFFL opinion, not that of the sucks.

Just a reminder; If you take someone that's already been drafted, stiff s**t. The game's been going on for years and the same people make the same mistakes. Command F is stated on the first page.

Just a reminder; If you take someone that's already been drafted, stiff s**t. The game's been going on for years and the same people make the same mistakes. Command F is stated on the first page.
As in you get skipped or lose a pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back