2014 LFFL Grand Final: Animals run wild vs. The Repeaters

Remove this Banner Ad

So here we are everybody, the final stanza. 14 clubs have been reduced to just two and we find out which team will take home the premiership cup. Animals run wild know what it's like to be in this situation, falling short last season against The Cheetahs - although they sought revenge in this year's finals series. For The Repeaters, they hadn't won a final before but have strung two together and have hit some rare form despite the loss of their captain Dayne Beams. They will go in as underdogs, but aren't completely out of it. They've found a very handy player in Stefan Martin, while Nathan Jones is as consistent as they come.
---

POTENTIAL LINEUPS:

Animals run wild:

B: Jack Macrae [39]
B: Brandon Ellis [38]
CC(back) : Brent Stanton [35]
Fwd: Jarryd Roughead (Vc) [37]
Fwd: Lance Franklin (c) [43]
Im: Bryce Gibbs [34.5]
Om: Levi Greenwood [34.5]
R: Todd Goldstein [38]
Tkl: Cam Guthrie [25]
Utl: Luke Parker [86]

= 453

The Repeaters:

B: Kane Cornes [35]
B: Matthew Stokes [34]
CC: Hayden Ballantyne (F) [30.5]
F: Josh J. Kennedy [37.5]
F: Jamie Elliot [32.5]
IM: Ollie Wines [33]
OM: Nathan Jones (c) [42]
R: Stefan Martin [41]
T: James Kelly [20]
U: Scott Pendlebury [91]

= 438.5

---

Why Animals run wild can win it:

They have unbelievable amounts of consistent talent across the park and have very few weaknesses. They have plenty of X-factor in Franklin and Macrae, while having reliable types in Stanton and Goldstein.

Why The Repeaters can win it:

Very consistent contributors particularly in the midfield. A few players have been down on form in the second half of the season but can score big.

Some key match ups:

1. Lance Franklin vs. Nathan Jones - Not a direct match up, but you've got the guy who can completely destroy a team single handedly or have less impact compared to a guy who is consistently a 40-50 PPG player. If Jones can topple Franklin it will go a long way to The Repeaters winning.

2. Todd Goldstein vs. Stefan Martin - Big clash here and if this was a match up at the start of the season, many would have laughed but the latter is in fantastic form and one to watch.

3. Luke Parker vs. Scott Pendlebury - Utilities are always the do-or-die battles because one can get a 30-50 point lead on the opposition with a good score. Pendlebury is the better player but Parker can match him most weeks, so that will be telling. Plus rumours continue surrounding Pendlebury's quad.

4. Jarryd Roughead vs. Josh J. Kennedy - Both proven goal kickers, it will depend who can kick the most that will go on the way to winning this clash.

Prediction: Animals run wild by 35 points

Match odds:

Animals run wild $1.80
The Repeaters $2.00

Grand Final MVP: (Non utility)

Lance Franklin (ARW) $2.00
Nathan Jones (ARW) $2.50
Stefan Martin (REP) $3.00
Jack Macrae (ARW) $4.00
Brandon Ellis (ARW), Todd Goldstein (ARW) $5.00
Josh J. Kennedy (REP), Jarryd Roughead (ARW) $7.00
Brent Stanton (ARW), Kane Cornes (REP) $8.00
Bryce Gibbs (ARW), Levi Greenwood (ARW), Matthew Stokes (REP) $9.00
Ollie Wines (REP) $10.00
Jamie Elliot (REP) $12.00
Hayden Ballantyne (REP) $14.00
Cam Guthrie (ARW) $20.00
James Kelly (REP) $25.00
Other $30.00

Utility H2H:

Scott Pendlebury (REP) $1.80
Luke Parker (ARW) $2.00

Line:

Animals run wild -16.5 $1.90
The Repeaters + 16.5 $1.90

Margin:

Animals run wild 1-39 $1.90
Animals run wild 40+ $2.50
The Repeaters 1-39 $2.00
The Repeaters 40+ $4.00

Betting money:

amos $1501
Pie 4 Life $1032
fightingfury_88 $1000 fightingfury_88
peterss $1000 peterss
Gentlemen $1000 Gentlemen
Wackie Tiger $900 Wacky Tiger
Drew23 $700
sr20 $700 sr20
Skippos $0
Jordie_tackles $0
WAG $0

Deddy $0

Last edited:
Good luck guys. Will be a sad moment to hand the premiership baton over to someone else but both of these teams deserve the chance to claim this year's premiership.

Elliot not named.

BUT HOLY CRAP Matty Leuenberger is back. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing considering Stefan Martin has been playing so well. Leuy will probably take points of Stef before being subbed out and not scoring high enough himself

Elliot not named.

BUT HOLY CRAP Matty Leuenberger is back. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing considering Stefan Martin has been playing so well. Leuy will probably take points of Stef before being subbed out and not scoring high enough himself
This is it, big issue for you

Kinda like me and Maric and Hampson, hammer was better early than anything Maric dished up, I was actually disappointed when Maric came back because I knew they would take points off each other

This is it, big issue for you
Leuy named as a forward, perhaps naming him there is better than ruck and hopefully for fitness reasons he only pinch hits in the ruck.

I have too many rucks and Drew lost his ruck :p

Arw team list(subject to change)
B: Jack macrae
B: Brandon Ellis
Im: Jack Ziebell
Om: Bryce Gibbs
Fwd: Jarryd Roughead (Vc)
Fwd: Lance franklin (c)
R: Dan currie
Tkl: Liam Shiels
CC(fwd):Harley Bennell
Utl: Luke Parker

Reserves
B: Cam Guthrie
Im: Brent stanton
Om: David Myers
Fwd: Jack watts
R: Todd Goldstein
Tkl: jake stringer
Cc(forward) Jack Gunston
Utl: Devon Smith
Others
Levi Greenwood
Jack Grimes

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill have $600 on The Repeaters by 40+ @ $4.00 to win $2400.

And I'll have my remaining $100 on James Kelly to win the MVP @ $25.00 to win $2500.

Good Luck Men

Current bets:

Drew23 - The Repeaters to win into Scott Pendlebury higher scoring utility $700 to finish on $2520
Pie 4 Life - The Repeaters to win $1032 to finish on $2064

Don't forget mine! Money to be made!

The Repeaters:

B: Kane Cornes
B: Matthew Stokes
CC: Paul Chapman (B)
F: Josh J. Kennedy (vc)
F: Hayden Ballantyne
IM: Ollie Wines
OM: Nathan Jones (c)
R: Stefan Martin
T: James Kelly
U: Scott Pendlebury

EMG
B: Hertier Lumumba
CC: Tom Lynch (B)
F: Jason Winderlich
IM: Jarrod Harbrow
OM:
R: Matthew Leuenberger
T: Tom Mitchell
U: Hamish Hartlett

Others:
Lachie Henderson
Dayne Beams
Jamie Elliot

Best of luck Drew23

I've basically elected to go with Leuy as emergency because I think he'll probably be subbed off in the third quarter and/or won't up much impact anyway. Now I've said that he'll probably dominate, but providing he doesn't affect Martin's score I'll be happy.

I've moved Chapman into the back position instead of forward because he's playing a bit more up the ground now. Again, now I've said that he'll go forward and kick four goals from 15 touches.

I am backing the the Animals have had a great year, i think Pie will need to get everything out of his players to score the 450 required again and even that may not be enough if Franklin fires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back