List Mgmt. 2014 possible delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

We need someone of Reillys size IE 184cm plus to help out down back, so mobile & able to play on mid sized forwards.

Hypothetically - If we don't acquire any players in FA and do zero trades then how many players need to be delisted / retired to make way for new draftees?

Assuming that Battersby / Cameron will take Rutten/Porplyzia's spots on the main list - how many do we need to delist to make way for draftees?

Would try him out as a small defender, but I fear he'd crap his pants at the worst moments though. Still, wouldn't be the worst idea since Brown isn't overly quick. It's surprising they haven't tried it though since he's not getting another look in up forward while Betts is there and they obviously have rated Cameron above him already.

Laird is on the cusp of getting sent to the 2's and he'd surely be ahead of pets for a small back role. I've been a fan of pets getting another chance in his natural position, but can't see it happening now, especially with jaensch seemingly locked into the role.

Laird is on the cusp of getting sent to the 2's and he'd surely be ahead of pets for a small back role. I've been a fan of pets getting another chance in his natural position, but can't see it happening now, especially with jaensch seemingly locked into the role.

Hasn't Laird been dropped for Sunday?

IMO the key area of focus over the summer is our defence, we need to build from down back to take us forward

IMO both Talia and Brown are the only locks for our defence for next season with my preference to play Smith up the field however with a door pre-season I also see Hendo and Laird having first crack down back

This leaves Otten, Shaw, Radar and Jaensch on the trade table but only if we can secure quality defenders from elsewhere

I know many may not agree with this but IMO we need to get back to developing a real stingy defence and Talia, Brown and Laird will be a good start but we also need to add to this whilst removing the make-shift defenders like Matty J

IMO the key area of focus over the summer is our defence, we need to build from down back to take us forward

IMO both Talia and Brown are the only locks for our defence for next season with my preference to play Smith up the field however with a door pre-season I also see Hendo and Laird having first crack down back

This leaves Otten, Shaw, Radar and Jaensch on the trade table but only if we can secure quality defenders from elsewhere

I know many may not agree with this but IMO we need to get back to developing a real stingy defence and Talia, Brown and Laird will be a good start but we also need to add to this whilst removing the make-shift defenders like Matty J

Agree 100% on jaensch. On current form I'd give him a go on d rocks wing and return laird into the back 6.

Hypothetically - If we don't acquire any players in FA and do zero trades then how many players need to be delisted / retired to make way for new draftees?

Assuming that Battersby / Cameron will take Rutten/Porplyzia's spots on the main list - how many do we need to delist to make way for draftees?
Minimum of one then.

If we didn't trade out any players, I'd expect 4 or 5 delistings with 2 or 3 picks and 1 or 2 rookie upgrades then a pick or 2 from the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need someone of Reillys size IE 184cm plus to help out down back, so mobile & able to play on mid sized forwards.

Jake Kelly?

Gwilt as an Unrestricted Free Agent would also be handy. Turns 28 on Monday but I don't think he'd cost the earth.

Tough one for delistings this year.
Those gone already for mine: Rutten, Porplyzia, Graham
Those I think we should let go: Reilly, Johnston, Petrenko
Depends on whether we are getting a free agent with Reilly and the possible upgrades and draft strategies though. Cameron would be one upgrade, not sure there will be any others but Kelly, Battersby and Spina have all been very good in the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back