2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Great match - Faulkner / Buntain clash was unreal. 8 goals in the end to Faulkner was a magnificent effort. Probably only had 9 kicks. He had his radar working - great player. Was just a good solid game of footy - Mayne winners in both grades - big night tonight for the yellow and black. Good luck to them. Well done.

Will be interesting to see if the likes of Housego, Ferguson will continue on after achieving their premiership dream! Great for the whole club in general, but just reward for Housey as said many times for his dedication and loyalty

Great match - Faulkner / Buntain clash was unreal. 8 goals in the end to Faulkner was a magnificent effort. Probably only had 9 kicks. He had his radar working - great player. Was just a good solid game of footy - Mayne winners in both grades - big night tonight for the yellow and black. Good luck to them. Well done.
Yep well done to Mayne, well deserved after so many tough years, like Springwood. I know the players are against it and I understand why so no problems but from a supporters point of view, and any football fans point of view for that matter, wouldn't it be great to see Mayne and Springwood square off for a game? Would be a cracker. Reserves too. Oh well we will just have to theorise on who would win.

Not sure it really matters Bunyip - you don't see the O&M winner play off against the winner of the GV league or the Geelong league etc. Players aren't into bragging rights generally, supporters are. It matters little I reckon.

Not sure it really matters Bunyip - you don't see the O&M winner play off against the winner of the GV league or the Geelong league etc. Players aren't into bragging rights generally, supporters are. It matters little I reckon.
Certainly agree there SMY that it doesnt matter but a little different i suppose because these two clubs both played in the same comp last year (Aliied Pickfords Cup) and for a few years previous and probably would be pretty competitive in the QAFL (IMO). And both dominated their respective lower divisions this year. I wouldnt want to play it either if I was a player but it is just something to think and theorise about for the rest of us.

It was planned by AFLQ when the re-structure was first announced, then quite rightly binned when everyone told them what a dumb idea it was.

Imagine playing in a GF, winning and celebrating and then suiting up 1 or 2 weeks later for another one.

Forgot to post my quick thoughts on the game. I couldn't decide between QFA South GF, QAFL Prelim and this one - but glad I opted to head to Caboolture, what a great game! (though I would have liked to see the featherstone winner in the QAFL)

The battle between Faulkner and the Noosa defender was one of the best and most high quality matchups I've seen in any level of footy in QLD. Feel sorry for the Noosa bloke to see Faulks win the medal - but it was nice to see a forward rewarded for their impact, rather than yet another midfielder.

The Tigers more experienced players seemed a little 'gun shy' early, almost like they were worried by the weight of history they carried into the game, while their younger blokes kept them in it with their dare and dashing run. Then after the 3/4 time huddle, that was when your Daly's and your Faulkners and your Housego's just suddenly took over and Noosa had no answer. You can't buy experience I guess, but great effort from Noosa to turn what looked on paper to be a foregone conclusion into a great battle.

Buntain was a bees dick from being rookie listed at the end of last year QAFL - listed by Aspley at start of year, walked out just after season began. Killed them at Morningside last year - can play, which makes it even more impressive effort from Faulkner. Disappointing that all these games were scheduled on same day. Not sure if it can be overcome but would have thought maybe the QAFL prelim could have been Sunday to maximise crowds. Reckon a few Burleigh people would have gone if it was at the very least.

oh ok, I remember Buntain from the Panthers. Didn't realise he had found his way to Noosa, so wasn't sure who it was.

Can seriously play!

Have heard on good authority that Rob Dickfos will be taking on a coaching role at Caboolture next year. Heard he agreed to terms last week. Will be interesting if he can lure a couple of disgruntled Sandgate players to come across. Also, I hear there maybe a possible name change for next season.

Have heard that too Cats - and to be called the Moreton Bay???? instead of Caboolture. Good idea. Reckon he will draw a few across + others from Nth Bris / maybe south end of Sunshine coast? God knows they need to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard on good authority that Rob Dickfos will be taking on a coaching role at Caboolture next year. Heard he agreed to terms last week. Will be interesting if he can lure a couple of disgruntled Sandgate players to come across. Also, I hear there maybe a possible name change for next season.
Rob Dickfos would be good for the Lions, a few there way would be handy, hope it works out for them. Can you elaborate more on the name change please?

Oh ok Moreton Bay Lions playing at the Moreton Bay sporting complex fits I guess..... or could it be the Moreton Bay Bugs? :D

Moreton Bay something! :)

The complex isn't even in Caboolture which i know isn't the be all but think the thought is that Moreton Bay encompasses blokes from Bribie, Redcliffe, maybe PR.

I'd heard Moreton Bay Meerkats..
meerkat-simples.jpg

Maroochydore Australian Football Club - QFA (North) Competition
The Maroochydore Roos are currently seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching positions:
  • Senior Assistant / Development Coaches 2015
  • Reserve Grade Coach 2015
  • Reserve Grade Assistant Coach 2015
  • Colts/U19 Coach 2015
  • Colts/U19 Assistant Coach 2015
All interested applicants should forward a letter of "Expression of Interest" accompanied by your coaching credentials to Brendan Mason, Football Manager, Maroochydore AFC (coach@maroochydoreroos.com)

For any further information please contact Brendan directly on 0439 434 223.

All Expression of interest must be received no later than 10/10/2014

Well obviously I'm more than content that my mighty Mayne Tigers winning the Premiership, but after being sceptical about the comp restructure in the beginning, I was happy how the QFA North comp panned out over this season considering being in it's first year.
I reckon it was quite competitive okay there were few sides who struggled, but in general majority of clubs stood tall, Maroochy, Noosa,Mayne, Kedron and Caloundra put on a good show, Nambour did alright but just didn't have the depth to cover injuries I guess, Aspley struggled but fought it out, Caboolture despite being belted every week made sure they turned up every week and gave it there best shot.
I'm sure the comp will get better while the dust settles, wishing all the clubs the best in 2015 and continue their hard work in making this a great comp!

I agree Tiger - Aspley should have been better than they were - played a really strange brand of footy but with their infrastructure you can't see them being ordinary for long. Like you said, most games were really competitive, you are always going to get a side or 2 that aren't quite up to it. Mayne were the stand outs, Noosa not that far behind. Noosa will be cashed up and ready to pounce next year imo. Well coached and just a good club, Maroochy will be better I think and Caloundra should be alright too.
Aside from Maroochy, whats the word on coaching appointments at other clubs? Will daley continue next year?

I actually think the restructure, overall, has been a a positive one. Even at QAFL level the comments were around how much more enjoyable the season was. Morningside a major standout, always was going to be. They have the mindset of a NEAFL club and the support network, the bank balance not of a NEAFL club so sort of stuck in that in between land. Suppose as a footy club they will decide in due course what is best for them. Otherwise there was 4-5 teams at that level who were super competitive. QAFL GF was a major f up and the balance bn womens footy and blokes footy needs to be struck and very quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back