Toast 2014 SuperCoach "Nailed It" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldstein in at round 10 470,500: 75, 166, 102, 100, 122, 95, 166.
(Note: A lot of people talked JM out of trading Sandilands to Goldstein at this time. Sandilands has scored: 103, 154, 94, 111, 85, 76, 90. Goldstein: 826 points, Sandilands: 713 points. Sandilands has lost 40K since then, whilst Goldstein has risen 95K)

Motlop in at round 15 378,700: 98, 124, 147 and a quick 120K. One of the regulars - a Geelong supporter I think, was giving the Motlop tip, but didn't bring him in himself.

Goldstein in at round 10 470,500: 75, 166, 102, 100, 122, 95, 166.
(Note: A lot of people talked JM out of trading Sandilands to Goldstein at this time. Sandilands has scored: 103, 154, 94, 111, 85, 76, 90. Goldstein: 826 points, Sandilands: 713 points. Sandilands has lost 40K since then, whilst Goldstein has risen 95K)

Motlop in at round 15 378,700: 98, 124, 147 and a quick 120K. One of the regulars - a Geelong supporter I think, was giving the Motlop tip, but didn't bring him in himself.

He just would have run out of trades 1 week earlier than he has.

I guess he could have been allowed to do this trade and talked out of a different one?
It looks like it would have been one of his better (perhaps best?) unique decisions of the year.
Not really, he had a chance to trade in Jacobs early on when Mummy got injured, but instead called him a spud and traded in spud Minson instead. * unique when you have the best!

I realise you're just fishing for compliments on your Goldy trade in, but if you had Jacobs from the start you wouldn't be going on about how awesome Goldy has been.

Not really, he had a chance to trade in Jacobs early on when Mummy got injured, but instead called him a spud and traded in spud Minson instead. **** unique when you have the best!

I realise you're just fishing for compliments on your Goldy trade in, but if you had Jacobs from the start you wouldn't be going on about how awesome Goldy has been.

Are you for real? I'm posting a trade that I nailed in the nailed it thread.

Are you for real? I'm posting a trade that I nailed in the nailed it thread.

giphy.gif

And if you have of the traded in Jacobs instead of Goldy in Rd10 you'd be 122 points better off. Just sayin' you bought it on yourself by continually fishing for compliments/validation, even bringing JM into it. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I have wasted a lot of trades on rookies, I feel as though I ''nailed'' my initial premo picks:

Swallow, Bartel, McVeigh, Libba, Cotch, Beams, Danger, Sandi, Parker, Franklin and Gunston have all been in my team since round 1.

Fingers crossed that Ablett and S.Mitch will remain the only starting premo's that I traded out in 2014!!

Rage trading Charlie Dixon to Brent Harvey after round 2 is proving to be stellar.

Since then:
Harvey 1439 points
Dixon 831 points

A rare break in a year of genuine shithousedness, my premium choices have been bloody deplorable at every turn

And if you have of the traded in Jacobs instead of Goldy in Rd10 you'd be 122 points better off. Just sayin' you bought it on yourself by continually fishing for compliments/validation, even bringing JM into it. :rainbow:

Obviously Jacobs cost more at the time which needs to be considered, it's not as simple as point for point.

I posted a trade I nailed in the nailed it thread - and I wanted to emphasize that it was going against popular opinion at the time, hence the reminder of the JM post.

I'm not going to bother posting about Stefan Martin in the "Nailed it" thread because it was a common move.

Can we finish this here? It's ridiculous.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

While I have wasted a lot of trades on rookies, I feel as though I ''nailed'' my initial premo picks:

Swallow, Bartel, McVeigh, Libba, Cotch, Beams, Danger, Sandi, Parker, Franklin and Gunston have all been in my team since round 1.

Fingers crossed that Ablett and S.Mitch will remain the only starting premo's that I traded out in 2014!!
Cotch? Ummmmm. Although he's last few weeks have been ok, wouldn't say his year has been.

Danger at 610k or whatever he was wasn't a win.

Buddy for the first 8 or so rounds wasn't either, nor was Gunner.

Sure, they've all come good, but how many points and $ have they cost you over the journey? Picking them up later in the season would have been a winner more than starting with them.

Rest were great picks tho :thumbsu:

Cotch? Ummmmm. Although he's last few weeks have been ok, wouldn't say his year has been.

Danger at 610k or whatever he was wasn't a win.

Buddy for the first 8 or so rounds wasn't either, nor was Gunner.

Sure, they've all come good, but how many points and $ have they cost you over the journey? Picking them up later in the season would have been a winner more than starting with them.

Rest were great picks tho :thumbsu:
If Cotch, Buddy, Gunston and Danger are my worst initial premo picks, then I feel as though I've nailed it! However, I've failed to secure top 4 in 2/3 of my $ leagues and am 1600 points off 1st overall because:

- I picked to many mid-priced players, that all failed except, Sandi and Hampson.
- I made some diabolical captain and emerg choices.
- Traded in a lot of shite rookies: Cutler, Cripps, Acres, Lloyd, Cameron, Bews, etc.

If Cotch, Buddy, Gunston and Danger are my worst initial premo picks, then I feel as though I've nailed it! However, I've failed to secure top 4 in 2/3 of my $ leagues and am 1600 points off 1st overall because:

- I picked to many mid-priced players, that all failed except, Sandi and Hampson.
- Traded in a lot of shite rookies: Cutler, Cripps, Acres, Lloyd, Cameron, Bews, etc.

Buddy is a 'nailed it' IMO.

Priced at 90 SC pts initially, current ave 94 (top 10 fwd in total pts & ave), has been averaging 110 since rd 8, should finish with almost 100 ave.

Could have got him cheaper, ah well, them's the breaks.

FWIW - didn't start with & haven't traded for him.

Hard to say without seeing your full initial side :)

Buddy is a 'nailed it' IMO.

Priced at 90 SC pts initially, current ave 94 (top 10 fwd in total pts & ave), has been averaging 110 since rd 8, should finish with almost 100 ave.

Could have got him cheaper, ah well, them's the breaks.

FWIW - didn't start with & haven't traded for him.
Averaged 71 over the first 6 rounds, including a 29, a 31 and a 54. Performed well since then, but those figures don't scream a nailed it for am initial pick IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back