\Foote|0|1|12|9|3|6|1|0|56
\Hey|0|0|14|7|7|5|1|0|51
\Davis|0|4|10|6|4|4|1|0|47
\Vaisey|1|0|7|4|3|1|0|0|28
\Roser|0|0|5|4|1|3|1|0|24
\Richards|0|0|7|5|2|2|1|0|23
\Mitchell|0|0|5|2|3|2|0|8|18
\Coenen|1|0|3|2|1|1|0|0|17

O'Keefe wasn't named in the bests again, as usual. Regular ressies watchers - is that a fair assessment of his performances?

Those numbers don't lie its a joke and I don't like it one bit. Yeah I know someone is gonna say "but its not fair to the kids blah, blah, blah" I just want an honest review.

Those numbers don't lie its a joke and I don't like it one bit. Yeah I know someone is gonna say "but its not fair to the kids blah, blah, blah" I just want an honest review.

I think Punts or someone else who saw him play reserves a couple of weeks ago said he played a typical O'Keefe game, in and under, contested style (note: not my personal observations!). It sounds like he's been playing alright, just not a spot for him in the team at the moment since we have enough inside players and we need pace.

I think Punts or someone else who saw him play reserves a couple of weeks ago said he played a typical O'Keefe game, in and under, contested style (note: not my personal observations!). It sounds like he's been playing alright, just not a spot for him in the team at the moment since we have enough inside players and we need pace.

Should be mentioned in the bests, if he isn't the reports have no credibility.

We've discussed this before...!

You're making the hilariously incorrect assumption that we pick reserves players based on their form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're making the hilariously incorrect assumption that we pick reserves players based on their form.

Not really, I get it.. may not agree with it though but I understand what the club are trying to achieve going forward. But facts are facts he should be named in the bests if he is indeed amongst the bests.

Seriously give me 30 mins of ROK everyday over Towers at this present time, no offence to Towers or any other reserves player in the same position.

I think we agree on this one swansfan51 ? If Im reading right?

Towers is crap. Agreed

Re: ROK I heard Kennelly recount his meeting with hi recently and said how ROK told him it was getting harder to keep up his motivation and desire every week to play reserves. I hope that if we are guaranteed top 2 in Round 23 we can rest players and give him a farewell game

Is coach Crouch's game review even up yet? there is still time for him to make the actual bests, not the made up bests from the Paolucci report.

Is coach Crouch's game review even up yet? there is still time for him to make the actual bests, not the made up bests from the Paolucci report.
The Paolucci report just takes the best from the official results which I'm 99% sure comes from the coaches, but straight after the game rather than after they had a chance to go through the video which is where I think the best players in the NEAFL Wrap come from.

Towers is crap. Agreed

Re: ROK I heard Kennelly recount his meeting with hi recently and said how ROK told him it was getting harder to keep up his motivation and desire every week to play reserves. I hope that if we are guaranteed top 2 in Round 23 we can rest players and give him a farewell game

I wasn't saying Towers is crap just for the record.

I wasn't saying Towers is crap just for the record.
I've watched the game a couple of times. Towers may not have done all that much, but he did some good things, was in the right places. He applied decent pressure, good shepherding, and came close to a couple of goals. Nothing to set the world on fire, but he looked solid enough. Certainly didn't look like a point of weakness, just lack of polish.

I'm just not sure what his ceiling is. Was that game nerves, inexperience... will he get better? Or is that his level, i.e. good backup for a Cunningham, Jetta etc... if they get injured?

I've watched the game a couple of times. Towers may not have done all that much, but he did some good things, was in the right places. He applied decent pressure, good shepherding, and came close to a couple of goals. Nothing to set the world on fire, but he looked solid enough. Certainly didn't look like a point of weakness, just lack of polish.

I'm just not sure what his ceiling is. Was that game nerves, inexperience... will he get better? Or is that his level, i.e. good backup for a Cunningham, Jetta etc... if they get injured?
yeah, you can't judge after one game as sub. However, I just don't see him getting regular game time any time soon, even next year.

I'm not basing my judgment of Towers on that one game alone. I would also have called out anyone would have made a conclusion, good or bad, on that one game alone.

My problem with Towers is twofold:
1. He goes missing during games frequently, there'll be long patches during the game where he'll hardly touch the ball. And this is in a side that is one of the dominant teams in the NEAFL. To be real frank, I think he isn't particularly fond of the physical side of the game
2. He's been wasting his time in the forward line. He is not a natural forward and his skills set do not support him playing long term as a forward. He has speed but doesn't know when and which areas to lead to, has a great leap but has poor hands and can't take pack marks, and is a below average kick for goal - he spurns more opportunities than he converts.

You might then ask why the Swans are electing to play him as a forward instead of the position he excelled at in the VFL - wingman/half-back. The answer is he was very poor in that position too when the Swans played him there at the start of his AFL career last year. Poor in one-on-one defensive contests, takes up bad positions and easily outbodied, which is a big no-no when you are playing in a Swans team.

So why did we waste a first round pick on him?
Only Kinnear Beatson and his recruiting staff could definitively tell you but if I had to take a stab it would be due to his pace, which is also my guess to why he's in the side at the moment over guys like Membrey and ROK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back