List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With pick 23 who do u think will get and who do we need I reckon a player that can play mid and then go have back

With pick 23 who do u think will get and who do we need I reckon a player that can play mid and then go have back
Oooh Connor Blakely. I love him. Classy 186cm on baller who makes time and space with footwork and consequently clean disposals.
So underrated.

Word on Knightmare's Phantom draft forum is.
Melbourne might go Brayshaw (for sure) at 2 and Lever at 3.
Meaning we could have aggressive KPF McCartin. I say do it.
Because at 5 apparently Pies like Laverde. At KPF they have Croke, Jesse White and incoming Darcy Moore at 9.
We could get McCartin or Wright our biggest need ruck relief at 6 then.

Ideally my draft would go:
4 KPF McCartin
6 KPF/ruck Wright
7 KPD Durdin or Godard or mid D Marchebank
23 on baller Connor Blakely

Be like Boyd who?

Last edited:
Hey guys doing a phantom draft on our board and i've got you guys. Took Wright with #4, Lever with #6 and Pickett with #7 which i was pretty happy with. Whats the feel here with what you should do with #23, especially considering you have Steele and Finlayson locked away? Take a risk? Best available? Any specific type?

Connor Blakely or Bampton in the midfield for me or another big. Good draft so far. I'd be rapt if that was the actual.

Last edited:
Got to say I love footy but the constant speculation about players wanting to leave is wearing me down.

Being here in Melbourne it just never stops, the journos absolutely hate the Giants and are forever seeking any opportunity to destabilise the club.

Shame because it's an awesome game but all the other stuff is just sh*t.

Yeah they are so Melbourne centric it's crap. I just listened to a multi-journo podcast that was supposed to be a trade period round up and all they talked about was how great getting Boyd was for the Doggies for the first 10 minutes and didn't mention Griffen at all. So much for fair analysis.

Last edited:
So at pick 4 its looking likely that either Wright or McCartin could fall our way, for mine I the really like the flexibility and the competitive spirit of Wright
Thoughts?
That's funny because the knock on Wright is he drifts in and out of games and doesn't dominate or throw his weight around. Which is why McCartin is ahead of him at 7cms shorter and a 17m shorter kick. McCartin is the aggro one. When I watched Wright in the ruck he seems hesitant but at full forward he is so fluid compared to Boyd and Patton and a much bigger and better kick than either.
He has the biggest upside of any player in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys, awful luck with boyd, when I was thinking about it I thought Wright would be good pick up at 4 for you guys, so hope you land him. Just a question, were there any rumblings throughout the year of boyd not getting along with his teammates and just not enjoying western sydney? cheers

Got to say I love footy but the constant speculation about players wanting to leave is wearing me down.

Being here in Melbourne it just never stops, the journos absolutely hate the Giants and are forever seeking any opportunity to destabilise the club.

Shame because it's an awesome game but all the other stuff is just sh*t.
Yep they hate Us but love the Suns. It will make it even sweeter when we succeed. This treloar rubbish is typical Ralph crap he is just Eddie's lap dog and was probably fed the story by him. If there is any truth to it why didn't he request a trade? No 1 respects a contract these day's (as we have just seen) so if he wanted out his manager would have been screaming for a trade.

hi guys, awful luck with boyd, when I was thinking about it I thought Wright would be good pick up at 4 for you guys, so hope you land him. Just a question, were there any rumblings throughout the year of boyd not getting along with his teammates and just not enjoying western sydney? cheers

You mean excellent luck with Boyd. Got Griffen the 5th ranked AFL ratings player, pick 6 which may be Wright a better replacement, and one millllion dollars!
Yeah baby!

Yeah they are so Melbourne centric it's crap. I just listened to a multi-journo podcast that was supposed to be a trade period round up and all they talked about was how great getting Boyd was for the Doggies for the first 10 minutes and didn't mention Griffen at all. So much for fair analysis.
To be fair, everyone in Vic is still a little shell shocked over the risk the Dogs are taking with Boyd, whereas we all know what you guys will get with Griffen.
Paying a kid who has done nothing of note at AFL level a million bucks a year on a long term contract is an awful risk, and could make or break their club.
FWIW, I like what you guys did. Pulling in such massive trade currency for a 19 yo who has played less than 10 games makes a big statement about what it will cost clubs to prize away your best youngsters.

Much kudos to your recruitment dept on that one :thumbsu:

To be fair, everyone in Vic is still a little shell shocked over the risk the Dogs are taking with Boyd, whereas we all know what you guys will get with Griffen.

Re Boyd, you do kinda wonder what it does for team harmony when a 7 game player comes in earning tenfold what seasoned loyal campaigners and All-Australians like Murph, Big Will etc earn. Boyd carries a huge monkey on his back that only years of great footy will rid.

How many pick 4's did we have?

Essendon for Ryder
Geelong for Stevie J (at 3am in the morning no less)
Hawthorn for Bruest
Footscray for Griffen

I know pick 48 did the rounds last year but c'mon.

Seems pick 4 was definitely offered for Ryder on the last day, Essendon were happy to take it but Ryder said no. I heard Neil Balme getting quizzed about the Stevie J offer on friday morning, according to him it never went as far as picks because as soon as SJ was contacted about whether he was interested he straight away said no. The Breust one is a new one, never heard that anywhere.

Pick 4 for Howe lol This is also the "reported" quote regarding Pickett " Pickett recently said in his draft combine press conference that, although he’d enjoy being drafted to a interstate club, he’d “ultimately want to get back and play at home”. I like the kids honesty and I think we should steer clear of him extremely talented but should we waste a pick on someone already talking about going home?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back