List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
got me buggered how we must delist 5 AFL listed players yet our NEAFL side can only seem to get 10 listed players on the park at once?
and our injury list is 5-6 which is probably below average

There are 39 listed players and 5 rookies which makes 44 players to pick a first and a reserves side.

Seniors generally have a reserve player in case someone in the 22 get inured. That makes 23 in total.

In theory that leaves 21 players to play reserves each week. Unfortunately with long term (season ending) and the ongoing weekly injuries (short term 1-3) the reserves more often than not are playing with only 9-12 listed players. Hence the floggings when the top up players are 18 year old boys who don't have the body shape, skill and game plan (compared to listed players).

It probably reflects the club website for injured players is not all that accurate.

As mentioned on Footy Classified this week, it is sometimes easier to play well in a good winning team then a team that gets flogged every week.

Which begs the question if a player is not playing well in the seniors are they kept in the side at the expense of those in the reserves for all the above reasons. While there has to be balance in a side it could be argued some players are lucky to be in the seniors at the moment.

I have a feeling the reserves problem will be addressed this off season. Just need to top up on some good rookies.

You just said it then though? Murphy (200k) and Warnock (200k), potentially Bock(600k) all might be delisted this year. I would think those 3 would free up about 1 million? Why wouldn't you then give 600-700 to Frawley? At least then that money is actually being spent on players playing in the senior side?

I think the equation is quite reasonable. If anything hanging onto those 3 players is risking our future as the money tied up is detrimental to our future performance.

Sorry man was half asleep didn't see the Bock bit. You are right. I would be happy for him at as you say that 600k area. Anything more than 700k gets me a bit nervous.

Personally I would like to see our first 2 first picks 11 & 15 or close enough upgraded and chase a pick good enough to get Sam Durdin. He plays sanfl footbaĺl already so im pretty sure he could step into the team for an immediate impact for an upcoming premiership tilt

Fyfe $800-850k 3yrs. Gibbs $600k 5yrs. Frawley $750-800k 5yrs?

I think he is well worth the cash, just depends on what other experienced key defenders are on the market at seasons end.

It is the final piece of our 1st premiership team.

I know its early.. But.. Sometimes it better to cut your losses early and get back up and try again...
Trade sam day.. Average touches a game 7 for a top 10 pick then hopefully pick up christian petracca
Gun strong body forward whose ready for round 1 2015.
playing in the midfield this yr jack darling style and getting late 20 possessions a game.

Im all for dropping day to get his form back and confidence going but long term I think he will be a handy 30-40 goals per year player in the future.

His only ever played 1 good game up front.. Even that was 10touches n 4 goals
How do you make a player dominate games when he runs away from the ball..
His 6 touches a game come from down at centre half back.. Not in the front 50 where his playing.. His a top 3 pick remember.. How long do we hang on playing him forward when he doesn't effect the game one bit.. His currency is only going down.. Be worth a 4th rounder or delist by time his contracts up.. Play him centre half back or not at all

Maybe he is the key defender we want? Throw him back with Rory, and May. Day plays the full back, Rory the CHB, and that let's May off the chain and play 3rd tall defender?

Yep, and move McKenzie up onto the wing. We need the cannon to become our 60m running goal kicker again. I think he is wasted down back output wise.

Play the standard 2 talls up fwd. Maybe add Lonergan into the fwd line for some grunt and tackling pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no expert in trading or drafts by any means (I usually just watch/attend the footy), but I'm curious about our team for next year.

I know we have a lot of young players who will without a doubt be household names in the next few years, but except Ablett, we really don't have any strong powerhouse names on our list.

We had Bock and Brown, but with Bock injured and looking unlikely to actually return at all, and Brown dropped, we're left with Gary to 'hold up' the team with his experience and to draw in 'new' fans.

My question: What's the likelihood of the Suns recruiting a household name into the team for the 2015 season (ala Goddard/Chapman to the Bombers)? If likely, who?

I'm no expert in trading or drafts by any means (I usually just watch/attend the footy), but I'm curious about our team for next year.

I know we have a lot of young players who will without a doubt be household names in the next few years, but except Ablett, we really don't have any strong powerhouse names on our list.

We had Bock and Brown, but with Bock injured and looking unlikely to actually return at all, and Brown dropped, we're left with Gary to 'hold up' the team with his experience and to draw in 'new' fans.

My question: What's the likelihood of the Suns recruiting a household name into the team for the 2015 season (ala Goddard/Chapman to the Bombers)? If likely, who?

Solved. Let's just draft Max Power, the 230cm 130kg midfielder who has been described as Gary Ablett Sr. Crossed with Garry Ablett Jr. with a mix of Dean Cox's height and marking ability, Wayne Carey's playmaking and the speed and quickness of Usain Bolt but at marathon distances. he comes from a family of billionaires so he won't require much salary...he stated he'd work for free. He's currently kicked 70 goals in 8 games while averaging 60 disposals with 100% efficiency at USAFL level.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I'm wondering how Henry Schade is progressing?
He's a player I rated very highly in his draft and I would mind seeing WCE pick him up if things aren't working for him at GC.

Cheers

Got all the skills in the world to give and has a good football mindset. But seems his strength and size is letting him down. Has hardly put on a KG since day one and is running out of time.

Was very close to a debut last year (probably only a week) before suffering an ankle injury in the NEAFL which set him back. Since then he has not been a shining light either forward or back (normally see him with a goal or two in the NEAFL) but hopefully one more preseason will turn things around for him.

He is probably the most ambidextrous player at our club too

Got all the skills in the world to give and has a good football mindset. But seems his strength and size is letting him down. Has hardly put on a KG since day one and is running out of time.

Was very close to a debut last year (probably only a week) before suffering an ankle injury in the NEAFL which set him back. Since then he has not been a shining light either forward or back (normally see him with a goal or two in the NEAFL) but hopefully one more preseason will turn things around for him.

He is probably the most ambidextrous player at our club too
Thanks mate.
Fingers crossed he can stack on a few KG's.

Give him a month with me and I'll show him how to put on a few....Hope he likes beer;):p

The idea has risen from the Carlton board. But shall Carlton finish with a pick say 4-6 it wouldn't be out of the question to downgrade to two latter picks from the Suns. Would it come across as unrealistic if Carlton offered Pick 4-6 for Pick 10 and 14 from the Suns? The first rounder and compensation.

The idea has risen from the Carlton board. But shall Carlton finish with a pick say 4-6 it wouldn't be out of the question to downgrade to two latter picks from the Suns. Would it come across as unrealistic if Carlton offered Pick 4-6 for Pick 10 and 14 from the Suns? The first rounder and compensation.
Had the exact same question in the draft thread. My answer is no.

My answer is yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back