2015 - AFL Round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'playing for finals' part isn't as important as the 'Pies' part imo
Don't really but into rivalries in today's modern game, Geelong should be focused on winning the game so they have any chance of playing finals, not beating Collingwood. And really, they only played one granny in 2011, plus a few prelims, not necessarily a massive rivalry when compared to Carlton/Collingwood etc

Yep. Was a really impressed on the weekend. They play etihad well. Having said that, swans need to win to lock 4th in so no bet game (total excluded)

Geelong is value. Playing for finals against a heartless Pies side.

They were playing for finals against the saints wernt they?

You guys should have a look at the "Situational Spots" thread. These days this kind of reasoning just does not work.

Cats season was on the line on Saturday night. Hawks top 2 spot was on the line Friday night.

Might load up on the Freo/Dees U169.5. Will check weather and stats shortly. How much will the line drop?
May even chuck 1U on U150

Forecast 70% showers in Launceston on Saturday. I'll keep you posted on weather, I'd be waiting to jump on the hawks line...
yep valid point , hope showers aren't an issue. [hawks40+ probably a 'safer' bet] But Brisbane were terrible vs Adel & It definitely makes things interesting if you put "Hawthorn" and "Launceston" in the same sentence.

Don't really but into rivalries in today's modern game, Geelong should be focused on winning the game so they have any chance of playing finals, not beating Collingwood. And really, they only played one granny in 2011, plus a few prelims, not necessarily a massive rivalry when compared to Carlton/Collingwood etc
sorry I wasn't clear.
Nothing to do with rivalry, just the fact that the Pies are playing so bad lately.
They won inside 50's 58-48 against the tiges but got thrashed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very possible but don't see it happening. Forecast is ordinary, plus they played the suns @ Aurora when they were really struggling and only beat them by 53, that game also involved showers

After seeing Adelaide beat them so easily on the weekend, I think Hawthorn will easily clear the line. The Lions have checked out for the year, they can't score and they can't stop teams scoring. I don't think showers will matter that much. Maybe it won't be 100+ but will at least be 60+.

Fremantle/Melbourne U169.5 might be the bet if the year with thunder storms predicted on both Saturday and Sunday.

I wouldn't even rely on us keeping Freo's score under the game total even with thunderstorms. I can see them scoring 120, piece of piss.

What did you say Zealbee? Never rely on Melbourne for anything? Something along those lines? :thumbsu:

I wouldn't even rely on us keeping Freo's score under the game total even with thunderstorms. I can see them scoring 120, piece of piss.

What did you say Zealbee? Never rely on Melbourne for anything? Something along those lines? :thumbsu:

Given they scored their highest score for the year against Melbourne (118) earlier in the year with perfect conditions at the MCG, I can't see them scoring more than 100-110 with the weather looming as it is.

Given they scored their highest score for the year against Melbourne (118) earlier in the year with perfect conditions at the MCG, I can't see them scoring more than 100-110 with the weather looming as it is.

I was being a touch facetious, but my point stands about Melbourne being Melbourne. Especially a mentally packed up Melbourne, playing bruise free football so they are fit, firing and ready to go, got to be in A+ condition, slappers to bang in Vegas in a months time.

I hope your bet gets up.

I was being a touch facetious, but my point stands about Melbourne being Melbourne. Especially a mentally packed up Melbourne, playing bruise free football so they are fit and firing for the trip to Vegas to bang some slappers in a months time.

I hope your bet gets up.

Freo have shown up Top 2 now and just need a easy win this week to pretty much cement top spot. They've been pretty average lately and I can actually see Melbourne competing okay with the weather having an impact on scoring. I would honestly expect around a 90-50 scoreline.

5-leg Multi
GEE v COLL - Both teams score 100 : NO
HAW v BRIS - Both teams score score 70 : NO
NTH v WB - Both teams score 60 : YES
ADEL v WC - Both teams score 60 : YES
FREO v MEL - Both teams score 80 : NO

4U @ 2.45 WH

5-leg Multi
GEE v COLL - Both teams score 100 : NO
HAW v BRIS - Both teams score score 70 : NO
NTH v WB - Both teams score 60 : YES
ADEL v WC - Both teams score 60 : YES
FREO v MEL - Both teams score 80 : NO

4U @ 2.45 WH

Nice bet, I tailed but left out the Geelong/Collingwood leg.

Nice bet, I tailed but left out the Geelong/Collingwood leg.
Yeah, that's the one I'm most dubious about. But the pies are 2 from the past 10 to cover the 100 points, and that was against Carlton & GWS. The TGS for the game is 183.5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back