Official Club Stuff 2015 Jack Dyer Medal - Winner: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Jack Dyer Medal top 20
1st Alex Rance 76 votes (Jack Dyer Medal winner)
2nd Dustin Martin 60 (Jack Titus Medal winner)
3rd Brett Deledio 54 (Maurie Fleming Medal winner)
4th Anthony Miles 50 (Fred Swift Medal winner)
5th Jack Riewoldt 48 (Kevin Bartlett Medal winner)
Eq 6th Trent Cotchin 47
Eq 6th Nick Vlastuin 47
8th Bachar Houli 46
Eq 9th Shaun Grigg 44
Eq 9th Dylan Grimes 44
11th Brandon Ellis 43
12th Jake Batchelor 40
13th Ivan Maric 39
14th Taylor Hunt 38
15th Shane Edwards 37
16th Troy Chaplin 32
17th Kam McIntosh 31
18th Ty Vickery 21
Eq 19th Kane Lambert 19
Eq 19th Chris Newman 19

Discussion thread for tomorrow night.
A new voting system will determine the winner of the 2015 Jack Dyer Medal, when Richmond holds its Best and Fairest count on Tuesday night (October 6) at Crown Palladium.

Under the system, all of the team’s players on match day receive a rating from 0-5 based on their overall performance.

The match committee assesses each player’s offensive, defensive, and contest impacts on the game.

After those game phases have been analysed, the 0-5 rating is given, as a joint match committee decision.

Votes are not allocated for what the match committee deems as below-average performances.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-10-05/jack-dyer-medal-voting-change

Stream link:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/JDM2015live

2015 JACK DYER MEDAL KEY WEBCAST TIMINGS (APPROXIMATE)
7.05pm – Event begins
7.22pm – Richmond president Peggy O’Neal speech
7.36pm – Retired players’ presentation
7.46pm – Senior coach Damien Hardwick speech
7.54pm – Vote count begins
8.11pm – Main meal break. Matthew Richardson to be joined at the desk by Brendon Gale (8.15pm) and Brett Deledio (8.35pm)
9.00pm – David Mandie Community Award
9.07pm – Guinane Medal, VFL Best and Fairest
9.12pm - Bill Cosgrove & Harry Jenkins Best First Year Player Award
9.17pm – ME Bank Fairest and Best Player of the Year Award
9.22pm – Vote count continues
9.32pm – Dessert break. Matthew Richardson to be joined at the desk by Trent Cotchin (9.40pm) and Ivan Maric (10.05pm)
10.30pm - Michael Roach Leading Goalkicker Award
10.34pm – Francis Bourke Award
10.50pm – Jack Dyer Medal top five announced
11.10pm – Formalities conclude

Last edited:

I'm split. Obviously Rance, Jack, Cotch, Lids and Dusty will be up there. But could Miles steal a top 5, or even top 3 placing off one of them? Titch probably missed too many games and was a bit quiet in a few. Grigg might surprise a bit too.

Could someone post regular updates as I won't be able to view the stream. Ship's server blocks stuff like this...:cry:

Could someone post regular updates as I won't be able to view the stream. Ship's server blocks stuff like this...:cry:

You could probably use a proxy to access it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to see what dimma and Cotchin say in their speeches....
Summat like ... "We've made our third finals series in a row. Came within a whisker of Top 4. We're not there but we're thereabouts. Beaten most of the top teams." Stuff like that.

I reckon this will make it easier for players who missed some of the year to catch up later in the season
The old voting system had players who missed some games at a huge disadvantage as they had too many votes to make up
That's a lot of work for the match committee having to rate every player 0-5 and rate players on all of those different categories

Summat like ... "We've made our third finals series in a row. Came within a whisker of Top 4. We're not there but we're thereabouts. Beaten most of the top teams." Stuff like that.
More like what they're putting in place so we don't suck arse in finals. Let's see.

I wonder if there'll be a little subtle dig at Bennell from either Peggy or Dimma, ie: we are a professional club which has set high standards and we expect everyone from board level to playing level to be professional as well, or words to that effect.
I doubt it. That drunk wasted enough of the clubs time. I'm hoping re signings will be announced.

I doubt it. That drunk wasted enough of the clubs time.

Could it be possible that the club sent him out on the town with Dusty to see how he would behave? Or am I just paranoid? It would be a way of saving time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back