11. Lions
12. Ess
13. Pies
14. WCE
15. Dogs
16. GWS
17. Melb
18. Saints

Before the start of 2013 I picked us to finish top.

Before the start of 2014 I picked us to finish 5th.

Seeing as I have been hopelessly wrong in 2013 and 2014, my only hope is that I am hopelessly wrong for 2015. I predict we will finish bottom 6 and just hope St Kilda don't improve too much because I can't think of any other team I would be confident of us beating.

1. Hawthorn
2. Port Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. Gold Coast
5. Fremantle
6. Adelaide
7. North Melbourne
8. Brisbane

9. Geelong
10. Carlton
11. Richmond
12. West Coast
13. Collingwood
14. Essendon
15. GWS
16. Melbourne
17. Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

Hawthorn to take it once again. Port and Sydney right behind them.
Gold Coast will again improve as will Adelaide and Freo will be again there abouts.
North will look old by the end of the season and may even have a retire' or 2 by round 23...
Brisbane will round out the 8 with there dominant midfield, but not enough of a backline to win more than 12.

Geelong, Carlton and Richmond will probably only miss the 8 by a game.
I don't think much will seperate WCE, Collingwood, Essendon and GWS.
Melbourne will improve (but not too much) and the Dogs and Saints will round out the bottom 2.

I cannot see us making the finals this year even though we have a decent draw.
It also wouldn't surprise me if we finished somewhere between 10-15. 15th if we have a horrible run with injuries.

1) Sydney
2) Port
3) Hawthorn
4) North
5) Freo
6) Gold Coast
7) Richmond
8) Geelong

9) Collingwood
10) Carlton
11) Brisbane
12) GWS
13) Dogs
14) Adelaide
15) Saints
16) West Coast
17) Melbourne
18) Essendon

Bombers with the wooden spoon will make us all smile, I expect.

Gold Coast to be the big improvers.

Carlton to be right in the race for the 8 most of the year, but miss out.

Geelong could fall outside the 8, but that home ground advantage they have usually means they get enough wins to qualify. It is an enormous advantage.

Sydney premiers.

Before the start of 2013 I picked us to finish top.

Before the start of 2014 I picked us to finish 5th.

Seeing as I have been hopelessly wrong in 2013 and 2014, my only hope is that I am hopelessly wrong for 2015. I predict we will finish bottom 6 and just hope St Kilda don't improve too much because I can't think of any other team I would be confident of us beating.
Windy, what gave you hope in those years that you don't have now?

1) Hawthorn
2) Port
3) Sydney
4) Freo
5) North
6) Geelong
7) Richmond
8) Gold Coast

9) Collingwood
10) Bulldogs
11) Adelaide
12) Brisbane
13) Melbourne
14) Carlton
15) West Coast
16) Essendon
17) Saints
18) GWS

Bombers are a dark horse with all the ASADA turmoil, I think this year will show where they are really at.

Brisbane, Bulldogs and Melbourne will be the big improver's for my money, Adelaide to remain the mediocre team of the competition.

Carlton to remain around 12 - 14th as more than 50% of the team have less than 50 games although the main players are all fit. I believe we will see a big improvement with no major blow-outs this year.

Collingwood out of the 8 and Buckley gets the sack, likewise the Bombers and Hird.

Port to defeat Hawthorn in the premiership.

1. Sydney (Grand Final)
2. Hawthorn (Premiers)
3. Port Adelaide
4. Fremantle
5. North Melbourne
6. Adelaide
7. Geelong
8. Richmond
9. Collingwood
10. West Coast
11. Gary Ablett
12. Essendon
13. Carlton
14. Melbourne
15. Brisbane
16. GWS
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

Posted on main board.
Carlton are a bit of a wild card, hard to tell where they'll end up

Last edited:
Have no idea but may have a slightly better idea by end March when we can assess all teams injuries and general squad fitness but guessing at this stage:

Going Up:
Adelaide: Enough quality all over the park to make a better impact than for the past 2 years.
West Coast: Similar to Adelaide and just need to have NicNat fit, to give them a good chance at making 8

Coming Down:
Geelong: Finished 3rd in the H/A and that won't happen next year. Drop could easily be quite a dramatic one.
Nth. Melb: Sure they finished fourth after the finals and really should have finished 7th but if they can't maintain best 22 for most of the year.........

Carlton?
Would need just about most things to go right to have a real shot at top 8 finish:

a. No protracted injuries to the top 10 or so players.
b. The likes of Boekhorst, Jaksch and even possibly Whiley to make impact from day 1
c. The older players not to lose form whilst the younger ones step up.

Have those three factors working for us and we're a good chance..................but it just doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. North Melbourne
6. Gold Coast
7. Geelong
8. Carlton
9. Richmond
10. West Coast
11. Adelaide
12. Essendon
13. Collingwood
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Brisbane
16. GWS
17. Melbourne
18. St Kilda
As noted by HARKER we need a lot to go right to finish in the eight , having our best 22 on the field each week would be a good start.

Important we get away to a good start in the first 5 weeks (Richmond, West Coast, Essendon , St Kilda & Collingwood) and if we are 1-4 again I suspect we will do no better than last year.

AA predicts we will see September action this year :thumbsu::D

We have a very easy draw from rounds 1-15 with only 2 interstate games and only 3 clashes against last year's top 6. So in that sense we're in charge of our own destiny but will probably only win 2 of those last 8 matches.

If the real Carlton steps up, we could win 8 of those first 14 matches but it relies on us not mentally imploding against arch-enemies Rich/Coll/Ess and hoodooists Geelong. 2014 was not a happy record against those teams and if we fail again, we deserve bottom 4. :oops:

Predicted finish: 10 wins, 12 losses, which will just be enough for Mick to keep his job.

Finals would be a pleasant surprise but not with 2 Hawks clashes from round 17 onwards.

1. Port
2. Hawks
3. Swans
4. Fremantle
5. North
6. Cats
7. Suns
8. Carlton
9. Tigers
10. Collingwood
11. Lions
12. Crows
13. Egales
14. Essendon
15. Bulldogs
16. GWS
17. Demons
18. St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid table I reckon Ace, good run with inuries who knows,

13 or 14th
Yeah good call, I think we maybe able to just sneak into the eight (hoping desperately it is the case) with a mainly injury free season and a good start to the season.

Yeah good call, I think we maybe able to just sneak into the eight (hoping desperately it is the case) with a mainly injury free season and a good start to the season.

Hope you're right, if MM can get us into the 8...genius

Don't sleep on the Suns - biggest risers.
Geelong dynasty over - biggest fallers (despite Rhys Stanley winning the Coleman :drunk:)
Blues somewhere from 7-12.
Melbourne to not finish bottom 2.
Saints spooners by more than 2 games (their list reminds me of Carlton 2004).
North overrated
Collingwood won't make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back