2015 NAB Challenge - Essendon v St Kilda, Morwell, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I've done stupid things and come out looking sweet before too. Doesn't mean they weren't stupid. Listening to my mates, I'm amazed they don't play the pokies every day. Apparently every time they seem to go there, they pull out $250-300.
You do know that while there are obviously a lot who lose overall when they bet that there are also those who are good and smart enough at it that they're able to do it professionally, don't you? It's like poker, it's funny how "lucky" those who keep on winning year after year are.

I hardly bet all year because it is so risky, but at this time of the year it's just really hard to miss if you stay smart and just stick to these types of games where one team would have to pretty much fall asleep to lose, yet can be decent odds.

Ok mate calm down, I said you had 17 or 18 of your best 22 out there, you have listed them missing 7 which brings it back to 15(savage is debatable and Ray and Gilbert wont be there anytime soon). Essendon had 1 best 22 player out there and maybe 2 more who will challenge for selection early on, if I was Saints fan I would be worried big time about 2015.

Savage isn't debateable. Anyone who watched his form in the last half of last season year would agree to that.

"Most importantly, we are extremely disappointed for the many young kids at the ground who were waiting to see their heroes and unfortunately missed the opportunity due to these unforeseen circumstances." Ian Robson, Essendon, last time.

St Kilda are in a fair bit of strife, could only beat an avearge team at VFL level by 50 points with 17 or 18 of there best AFL 22, ouch!!!
How'd you guys go (full strength) against us last year champ? We were serviceable last week against a team that have gone on to look very competitive. You worry about your own issues, we're dealing with ours.

You do know that while there are obviously a lot who lose overall when they bet that there are also those who are good and smart enough at it that they're able to do it professionally, don't you? It's like poker, it's funny how "lucky" those who keep on winning year after year are.

No, it isn't.

I hardly bet all year because it is so risky, but at this time of the year it's just really hard to miss if you stay smart and just stick to these types of games where one team would have to pretty much fall asleep to lose, yet can be decent odds.

You probably would have had to bet $500-odd, or multied it in with a bunch of other stuff to make it worth your while. Good luck to you.

How'd you guys go (full strength) against us last year champ? We were serviceable last week against a team that have gone on to look very competitive. You worry about your own issues, we're dealing with ours.

We lost, but you knew that didn't you? We also made the finals and won a lot more games, but you knew that too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost, but you knew that didn't you? We also made the finals and won a lot more games, but you knew that too :)

You also lost against us last year with a full list to choose from? Yet some of your fans are complaining that we lost cause we had nobody out there.

This was a Win/Win game for your mob. Lose and you could say it was expected, win and your fans could all get big heads and start believing the mob out there today would stand a chance against Sydney and Hawthorn in the first two rounds....

Cry me a river they're scabs.
Pretty tenuous link between tradesmen working during industrial action and footballers employed to play while the regulars are forced to sit out because of loopholes in doping rules in regards to their club's alleged discretions.

And even if that term applied, so what? They're taking their chance, as would anyone in their position.

How good is J Lonie!!!!?!?

Saints future 2017+
Wright. Goddard. Savage
Murdoch Bruce. Acres
McKenzie. Dunstan. Pick 1 2016
Billings. Pick 1 2015 Templeton
Lonie. McCartin Membrey

Hickey. Ross. Steven

Hard tough and class, well so far

Great drafting last 3 years. Really brilliant.

How good is J Lonie!!!!?!?

Saints future 2017+
Wright. Goddard. Savage
Murdoch Bruce. Acres
McKenzie. Dunstan. Pick 1 2016
Billings. Pick 1 2015 Templeton
Lonie. McCartin Membrey

Hickey. Ross. Steven

Hard tough and class, well so far

Great drafting last 3 years. Really brilliant.
does not always pay off, due to injury, other teams having bigger wallets and jobs for family members, being played when not developed enough physically and no7 pick being better than no 4 pick so far

Brown is a good player at this level. This level being a level below AFL intensity.

Considering noone else rookied him I would say that view was widely held.

Interesting in Hird's press conference he pretty much said Mitch Brown was easily good enough to be on an AFL list and that they'd love him at Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back