2015 NAB Challenge - Gold Coast v Geelong, Townsville, 3.40pm (4.40pm AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns have definitely turned up the pressure this quarter. Seem to go too wide when entering their forward 50.

Who has the most top 22 in their squad today?

Who has the most top 22 in their squad today?
From Geelong I count Stokes, Bartel, Enright, Motlop, Hawkins, Duncan, Kelly, Simpson, Caddy, Taylor, Guthrie, Mackie, Bews, Blicavs, Lonergan, Clark, Kersten

Not much happening live that you wouldn't see on tv. Hawkins owns the Cats forward line, what he says goes. Enright is just a class above with speed of decision making. Pretty standard pre-season game

And Suns missing top 3 midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Geelong I count Stokes, Bartel, Enright, Motlop, Hawkins, Duncan, Kelly, Simpson, Caddy, Taylor, Guthrie, Mackie, Bews, Blicavs, Lonergan, Clark, Kersten

I would say the bolded are very debatable. Bews probably needs to tick a few boxes in the preseason to get a start for Round 1, too. If you switched Simpson for McIntosh, Stanley (or Vardy, for that matter) for Blicavs, Thurlow for Bews and Walker for Kersten, I reckon people would be saying they are best 22 as well.

Geelong were pretty average. Some good signs from Lang and Cockatoo though, and Smedts looks like he might push back into the team.

Smedts is a firey little bugger. Not sure if white line fever or just doesn't give a * but at times the Suns players seem bemused at him. Played alright at stages.

Clark looked rusty, leads weren't well timed or anything, and his marking was well-off, but it was great to see the Cats boys come from everywhere for both his goals. Kelly and a couple of others really got around him. Great to watch.

Seems that you can't write the Cats off from the 8 when Hawkins, Enright, Bartel, Taylor are running around (with Selwood, Johnson). These guys just lift the whole team.

Hallahan, Smith, Rischitelli and Lynch were all excellent for the Suns. Bennell was lively, but disposal was off. Has all the moves, didn't quite have the finishing touches today...

I really enjoyed this game. The Suns just need to take less pot shots but are definitely formidable this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back