2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a tough choice for the old Birdman.

He's just as close to Goody as he is Roo I believe.

Bidding war?

Why would we go for Birdman? He hasn't done much at Brisbane...what is his role down there? Isn't it fitness? Which we all know isn't that great. Or at least seems not to be too great.

Why would we go for Birdman? He hasn't done much at Brisbane...what is his role down there? Isn't it fitness? Which we all know isn't that great. Or at least seems not to be too great.

They have of course had heaps of injuries but you are right, we absolutely steamrolled them in the last quarter up there.

A lot of games they have started well and been obliterated late. Last week was another example, the game against Freo in Perth comes to mind also.

They have of course had heaps of injuries but you are right, we absolutely steamrolled them in the last quarter up there.

A lot of games they have started well and been obliterated late. Last week was another example, the game against Freo in Perth comes to mind also.

Exactly, I've been very happy with our fitness this year. I'd be happy to continue to roll with it.

We also ran over them in the 4th qtr earlier this year.

High-performance manager (i.e. fitness guy).

He might have better results in a more-engaging environment? Might come in and join our team, not take over?

My first thought was yep - doesn't seem like he's doing his job well - but that club is toxic at the moment. I wouldn't 100% pin everything on Burton, but what would I know.

Absolutely!

They've been crap the whole time he's been there, no obvious sign of fitness and always with an injury list a mile long.

A Craig disciple from the 'push the boundaries to breaking point' school. Do NOT want.

Fagen says its not reflective of true revenue generated through memberships

Yes I understand that completely. What I want to know is are we counting people in my boat overseas or not ? Herald says we count in June. Now we don't. ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach Won% PL W L D PTS
Sanderson, Brenton 57% 69 39 30 0 156
Hinkley, Ken 57% 69 39 30 0 156

Win-Loss records, as at now.

Now, that's an excellent first post. Just excellent.

With Hinkley having a team packed with far more high picks, that's pretty damning.

BURN. To quote another poster here... "salient"

They might be higher picks but I've argued from ages back they're not better players.

SICK BURN.

I was looking something up a couple of weeks ago and found out Hamish Heartless is a pick #4. I laughed for a while at that.

Yes I understand that completely. What I want to know is are we counting people in my boat overseas or not ? Herald says we count in June. Now we don't. ?

You don't want to know what we do to people in boats from overseas here in Aus.

Is it confirmed that the international live streaming memberships aren't counted?

IMO, these types of memberships should be seen as being just as valuable, if not more, than ticketed memberships.
It's where the value lies for the broadcasters who shell out billions for the rights.

According to article which quoted Fagan they would not count. However, back in June the herald seems to suggest they do count. I have no idea which is right.

Just pop it on the Port board.:)
Strike while the iron is hot hey :drunk:. Think mansticles who posted it should take that honour. Bay wise, The records never going to be the same again so I think it will deserve a stand alone melt.

Strange that you'd go for Burton. In his tenure we have been consistently both undersized and unfit compared to the opposition, and our injury list has been clearly worse than the league average.

Sure you could look for other causes but he was given a huge amount of autonomy to run his own show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back