2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find it amusing seeing/hearing people have sympathy for these Essendon players as they were merely following the orders of the club. And yet we as Aussies shake our fingers at those "nasty" East German and Chinese athletes who took drugs under a similar regime.

The only differences are that the Essendon players had a choice (some declined to take part) and those guys get paid as profesional athletes where the Chinese and East Germans got barely any financial reward.
Libby-Lenton-and-Le-Jingyi-5323114.jpg

Libby Lenton, left, and the suspect Chinese swimmer Le Jingyi at the 1994 World Championships in Rome.

Anyone see the 4 corners story on live baiting in the Greyhound industry. Jesus christ, sick b'ards. Australian sport, over the last 5 years or so, has sunk to the lowest point in my lifetime. It's a disgrace. Thank god for the Socceroos.

We've been here before, but I've got to ask again...If the suspension is backdated to include the period that the players were allowed to train, what actual penalty have they received?
I've protested this over and over. It seriously sucks testicles that it is a possibility no games will be 'served'. Such a ridiculous process.

You injected a banned substance, but don't worry, you'll only get banned for the off season. You might miss a couple of games.

Anyone see the 4 corners story on live baiting in the Greyhound industry. Jesus christ, sick b'ards. Australian sport, over the last 5 years or so, has sunk to the lowest point in my lifetime. It's a disgrace. Thank god for the Socceroos.
Difference is there are ways of catching these cheats now. Live baiting has been going on for decades by the sounds. And do you honestly think that teams in the 80s didn't use roids?

Yes, was sickening to watch.

Nothing less than significant jail terms foe those implicated, fines, return prize money & life time bans, including family members. Kick them out of the industry!

Not sure if the minority or majority but it puts huge doubt on the industry. They can't be allowed to have meets unless guaranteed these practices are no longer occurring. Given those at the top knew what was happening interstate, May need to ban all meets until cleaned up.

No excuses for this barbaric behavior - gives Australia a poor reputation.

Every Greyhound gets a live kill. I cant believe people think this is an isolated incident.
I dont condone the practice, but it is industry wide.
It doesnt just happen in Australia either.
No, I dont train Greyhounds. Never have.

They Greyhound thing gets worse than what they were showing on 4 corners, about 10 years ago a group of greyhound trainers near me were found to be trawling the streets at night looking for domestic cats and using them to bait their dogs. I think when people find out that their cat that went missing without a trace could have been used to train greyhounds, the industry will be in for a world of hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another example of why Bonehead is a Bonehead. He's rated the Power players and given Butcher a 6, on what planet does Butcher deserve a 6?
Bone lost me last year when he said he'd take Butcher over Jenkins. Everyone called in and said he was nuts and he wouldn't budge. Rowie went through step by step what is Butcher better at. He rated Jenkins better better at everything except contested marking, but still said he likes Butcher better.

Must be a weird position for Petrenko to be in. He's been cut, not re-hired, and is in the process of moving on with his life, then ends up being asked to suit up for Essendon for a couple of nothing matches with no contract at the end of it.

Wonder if he's hoping to catch the eye of a few recruiters with what is probably his final chance at the top level?

I hope they play him down back.

They Greyhound thing gets worse than what they were showing on 4 corners, about 10 years ago a group of greyhound trainers near me were found to be trawling the streets at night looking for domestic cats and using them to bait their dogs. I think when people find out that their cat that went missing without a trace could have been used to train greyhounds, the industry will be in for a world of hurt.
Where do you live?

Btw, I don't have a cat - rather 3 happy dogs snoozing in this heat.

Bone lost me last year when he said he'd take Butcher over Jenkins. Everyone called in and said he was nuts and he wouldn't budge. Rowie went through step by step what is Butcher better at. He rated Jenkins better better at everything except contested marking, but still said he likes Butcher better.
I stopped listening to bone years ago - before he started the drive time shift. Clear chip on the shoulder & biased.

Have begun listening to 5aa more since his departure - just now need to get rid of Rowey as he is a bloody idiot dumming the program down. Tredders would be an ideal replacement but Cornes will have the gig next year.

Its appalling how we treat other creatures on this planet. Spent 4 months travelling through the middle east a few years back. Peta would have a field day over there.

Gold Coast
This expose doesn't appear to be any surprise to those in the know. Disgraceful that it has been covered up by administrators for so long. They should also be liable for a lack of duty of care. The more I hear, the more I think the "sport" should be suspended in at least 3 states.

There should be urgent investigation into the other states too as just don't know what to believe.

This expose doesn't appear to be any surprise to those in the know. Disgraceful that it has been covered up by administrators for so long. They should also be liable for a lack of duty of care. The more I hear, the more I think the "sport" should be suspended in at least 3 states.

There should be urgent investigation into the other states too as just don't know what to believe.

Money can cover a lot of things up.

Horse racing and greyhounds are called sports, but would either exist if there was no gambling involved.

I doubt it. Certainly not at the level that they do exist at least.

Money can cover a lot of things up.

Horse racing and greyhounds are called sports, but would either exist if there was no gambling involved.

I doubt it. Certainly not at the level that they do exist at least.
I used to work at a pub with TAB in it and when i first started working there I was shocked at the sheer volume of races going on. 7 nights a week, dogs and harness racing with a race every 3 minutes.

Re the greyhound thing, I was watching offside or whatever it's called on the ABC. One of the live baiting trainers was suspended. He simply transferred all his dogs to his wife's name. One of them came second just now in a big race and they collected their 30k prize as per usual.

Burn that industry to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back