2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was living in North Queensland in 2003, got to see about 4 Crows games a year on TV. Remember this one clearly. Completely shattered. Still haunts me.

I know. I can barely remember any games that we have won by I remember all the close losses like they were yesterday. I still remember the minor round loss to North Melbourne at the MCG in 1998 so vividly. Gee that burnt. We won the Premiership that year but it still burns me.

I was living in North Queensland in 2003, got to see about 4 Crows games a year on TV. Remember this one clearly. Completely shattered. Still haunts me.
Seeing us curl up our toes in the last quarter while they kicked 5 goals in a row to turn a 22 point lead into an 8 point deficit brought so many memories flooding back.

When the going got tough we folded like a deck of cards. This repeated itself again and again and again in big games for another 6 or 7 years.

How good was Jason Torney though? He was an absolute gun.

Seeing us curl up our toes in the last quarter while they kicked 5 goals in a row to turn a 22 point lead into an 8 point deficit brought so many memories flooding back.

When the going got tough we folded like a deck of cards. This repeated itself again and again and again in big games for another 6 or 7 years.

Was extremely disappointed when he had to retire.

Don't forget we did the same thing to North in 2013... but yes, capitulating in games where the result should have been beyond doubt is a sad reminder of the Ayres/Craig years.

I know. I can barely remember any games that we have won by I remember all the close losses like they were yesterday. I still remember the minor round loss to North Melbourne at the MCG in 1998 so vividly. Gee that burnt. We won the Premiership that year but it still burns me.

There's a few losses that are burnt into my memory forever

The Shaun Rehn holding the ball game in 1998 (which you mentioned above), losing to a 1w and 20L Freo side in the last round of 2001 and missing out on a home final, the Richmond game in 2006 where Richmond spent a majority of the game playing kick to kick in the backline (often described as the worst brand of footy ever), Anthony Rock (I think) kicking a late goal to put North Melbourne in front against us in 1995.

Last edited:

The Shaun Rehn holding the ball game in 1998 (which you mentioned above), losing to a 1w and 20L Freo side in the last round of 2001 and missing out on a home final, the Richmond game in 2006 were Richmond spent a majority of the game playing kick to kick in the backline (often described as the worst brand of footy ever), Anthony Rock (I think) kicking a late goal to put North Melbourne in front against us in 1995.

Victoria Park in I think '97 when we lost by a point still the absolute beauty of heartbreaking losses. David Pittman mark in the goalsquare not paid from memory.

The Shaun Rehn holding the ball game in 1998 (which you mentioned above), losing to a 1w and 20L Freo side in the last round of 2001 and missing out on a home final, the Richmond game in 2006 were Richmond spent a majority of the game playing kick to kick in the backline (often described as the worst brand of footy ever), Anthony Rock (I think) kicking a late goal to put North Melbourne in front against us in 1995.

Was that the "Right in front of me" game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back