2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Zillmere came down and gave us a thrashing tonight. Good skills overall and ability to find a lot of space but geeze never have I played against such a bunch of girls who can't take a fair hit in their stride . second quarter kept them goalless for 15 minutes because they were to scared to make a contest . not going to figure in finals against the big 2 if thats how you play against a genuine thirds team boys. Maybe time for a few oldheads to retire

Zillmere came down and gave us a thrashing tonight. Good skills overall and ability to find a lot of space but geeze never have I played against such a bunch of girls who can't take a fair hit in their stride . second quarter kept them goalless for 15 minutes because they were to scared to make a contest . not going to figure in finals against the big 2 if thats how you play against a genuine thirds team boys. Maybe time for a few oldheads to retire

Ouch !!! That's scathing !!

Another 1am finish, loving being back at home!

Woodies starting to come good, the Butcher was back tonight though....kicking 10.10 !
10.10??? Must have had a s**t load of the ball. Wouldn't want the ball in his hands to win you the game!

Notice zillmere had a few main players missing, score would have been blown out if they were in. Tough call on them not being able to take a hit. Clearly you have never bumped into Danny Dickfos... pretty sure he would enjoy a bump or 2.

10.10??? Must have had a s**t load of the ball. Wouldn't want the ball in his hands to win you the game!

Notice zillmere had a few main players missing, score would have been blown out if they were in. Tough call on them not being able to take a hit. Clearly you have never bumped into Danny Dickfos... pretty sure he would enjoy a bump or 2.
Bit concerning kicking 10 behinds. Credit for 10 goals though.

He wasn't playing , not many outs other than that. Like I said , its against a genuine 3rds team with a team that changes dramatically every week. You can have your opinion though

How are you calling them a bunch of girls who can't take a hit when your team has been destroyed by 100 points? Shouldnt you be ripping into your own team? Because that is pathetic and a weak as pi$$ performance. Geeze. Thats like losing to roger federer and then claiming he's no good. You are an idiot sir.

How are you calling them a bunch of girls who can't take a hit when your team has been destroyed by 100 points? Shouldnt you be ripping into your own team? Because that is pathetic and a weak as pi$$ performance. Geeze. Thats like losing to roger federer and then claiming he's no good. You are an idiot sir.
obviously he thinks football is about hitting your opponents hard and not about kicking goals. too many still seem to think that is what football is about.

He wasn't playing , not many outs other than that. Like I said , its against a genuine 3rds team with a team that changes dramatically every week. You can have your opinion though
No Long, Drew, Dickfos, Duce all A grade players not playing and you think not many outs... that's their 4 best players. You been around the game long?? Sorry but thats not the brightest opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 team club playing against a genuine 3rds team. 100 point loss doesn't mean they played a game style that they can be proud of

went down to kedron this afternoon and saw a very interesting game, one that UQ should be extremely disappointed to have lost. in the first three quarters they probably had 50 inside 50s, to kedron's 20, and kicked something like 5.14 to kedron's 5.4. lots of easy misses in that too - it wasn't just about kedron's pressure.

maybe seven or 8 minutes into the last things were evenly poised then UQ gave away a very silly 50m penalty that led to a kedron goal, and then the floodgates opened, and including a goal following a very nice hanger and goal from one of the kedron forwards (fitzgibbon i think).

full credit to kedron who really showed their class and poise when it counted. UQ link up and use the ball very well through the middle of the ground but struggled to make the most of it.

Can't say that when we played zilmere that they got upset with any hits. With all the pine rivers boys coming across would say they are the team to beat.

By the looks of the score in the Kedron v uq game if uq kicked straight Could easily won.

Anyone have any feedback on the sandgate v Ferny grove game ?

I'm a bit confused about Ipswich cats. Was a team made up of 15. 16 year olds and a masters team. I'm all for teams coming In and having a go. But if this is them trying to build a senior side for the future. Wouldn it be smarter to let the young kids just plsy junior football and start a side when you have a majority of 18 year olds or a bit older. you really have to wonder if if they will see out the season.

I think its more like losing to Serena Williams and calling her a bad sport.

Went down to Sherwood to check out the game of the week, Woodies v Cats..! What a flogging it was. I thought Jimboomba were dirty when they are loosing.. Ipswich hey, just must be in the blood.
Sounds like someone's bitter they didn't win by enough ??? We played against Ipswich and they were absolute legends, despite the questionable umpiring calls? Would be happy to have them down at kedron again.

Actually, i think you'll find that the coaching staff from Ipswich would be pretty disappointed with the behaviour of a few of their players. I haven't seen unprovoked assaults /punches in this league for a long time, if at all to be honest.

Actually, i think you'll find that the coaching staff from Ipswich would be pretty disappointed with the behaviour of a few of their players. I haven't seen unprovoked assaults /punches in this league for a long time, if at all to be honest.
We faced the same thing in round 1. Two blokes, they are brothers I think, going around looking for a fight. A blew started after the siren at the end of the third quarter, and #7 if I remember correctly, who instigated the fight, promptly got a dressing down from his coach and was benched for nearly the entire fourth quarter.

Thought we had Sandgate on Friday night. after they got away from us in the 2nd quarter, we fought back in the third to take the lead.
Il-discipline got us in the fourth with 2 goals coming from 50m penalties in our backline.

We're a first year side with a lot of first time players, and the boys will learn from it. Positive signs for the club though, our two losses coming against UQ and Sandgate, both very strong sides, and we were in position to win both games. Just couldn't come away with the chocolates.

Woodsman this week is a massive test for us, and genuine indicator on how we are going. The boys can't wait, love playing the best teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, sounds like the same 2 blokes.

One was remonstrating with one of our players, then the other ran from about 10 metres and essentially king hit our guy completely unprovoked.

Wasn't handled well by the 'officials' - but i thought the Ipswich senior players and coach handled it very very well.

Sounds like someone's bitter they didn't win by enough ??? .

Define 'enough' ?

Teams get no joy from 200 point wins, I think you'll find many of them play silly buggers with their setups and positions to ensure everyone gets a go. If they went flat out for 4 quarters, it would be very very ugly.

I've only ever known the Woodsmen to have one huge thumping win, and that was against Springfield last year by about 250 points. I imagine they only did it because of some rumoured behaviour from Springfield earlier in the year and they just wanted to teach them a lesson.

Whereas in a game vs Kenmore, I witnessed them deliberately gift the opposition a goal for a specific player - so they obviously think the boys at Kenmore are good blokes.

Yep, sounds like the same 2 blokes.

One was remonstrating with one of our players, then the other ran from about 10 metres and essentially king hit our guy completely unprovoked.

Wasn't handled well by the 'officials' - but i thought the Ipswich senior players and coach handled it very very well.
They may not have played against us. But sounds like they won't be playing for a while. Did they get red carded as that's a two week penlity. No place for that in any level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back