2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was suggesting that we could have had 2 comps of 8. I'm guessing AFLQ weren't overly prepared for another North club to drop out, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't shop around to try and get Redcliffe or the Swans up to fill the spot.

next year we will have 1 comp 12 teams i reckon

Will defeat the purpose of QFA. It's a slightly lower level of footy, and thus they are reducing the travel burden.

Don't want Noosa having to play Cooly.

Logic would suggest Kenmore should have gone to QFA North, given Kenmore is actually North of the River. However, unless they want to - they shouldn't have to.

Excellent idea 2010. Although I have heard that 1 club reasonably close to the GAbba would have been receptive to moving across comps but weren't asked.. Would have made logical sense I reckon.

Excellent idea 2010. Although I have heard that 1 club reasonably close to the GAbba would have been receptive to moving across comps but weren't asked.. Would have made logical sense I reckon.
AFLQ at their communicative best?

Yeah disappointing if true TT - maybe it was going to be too disruptive for the south comp but not sure how? 8 teams, no byes, play 17 games - everyone plays each other 2x and those in Bris play each other again, those on the SC or GC play each other a 3rd time (always the best money earner games in any case). Would have been win/win I would have thought. Can't just parachute clubs in - the difference in standard is huge from QFA to QAFA and clubs that do want to move up need to be ready with their ducks lined up before pre season commences, otherwise they just get smashed and then back to square 1.

Unbelievable.

How hard would it be to e-mail all the clubs in QFA South that are around Brisbane and ask if they would be receptive to a move to QFA North?

Apparently, very hard!

Almost as hard as having draws up on the website in a timely manner, where they are easily found.

AFLQ will argue that all the clubs have copies of the draw - but what about people like me who want to go and watch some games, and don't have an affiliation with a club, or a copy of a draw...?

Why is it the QFA comps require less travel? QAFL travel, fair enough. QAFA comps travel and I would suggest there would be many more players being paid (compensated) in the QFA comps than QAFA.

Tips for this week

Caloundra, but closer than everyone thinks.
Noosa (biased) but only just
Maroochydore, by a cricket score.

Caloundra 2.0.12
Moreton Bay 7.5.47
Half time, pretty even in the first but MB got the breeze end in the 2nd and made the best of it. Should be a close finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People said that about Hawthorn too after game 1 QAFL.. :)

Who knows - they are obviously a very good side, well coached, some really good top end players. Faulkner is a jet for sure but 4 goal loss away isn't a smashing for Noosa. I reckon they will feel that they had their chances throughout.
Think its pretty obvious though that despite 2 less sides, the north conference will be more competitive from 1 thru to 7. Nambour weren't terrible against the Roos, fought hard all day and with MB knocking over Caloundra and Aspley expected to improve I think that the numbers 3-7 will be really interesting

Agree, but I would say the Top 2 sides from last year in Noosa and Mayne got significantly stronger - so while other sides improve, the gap remains similar.

Add 2 former AFL midfielders to your list, you're going to get stronger! Then still get done reasonably comfortably in round 1.

another 18 game procession for the Tigers coming up.

Old Faulks certainly isn't slowing down, another 100 goal season on the cards I'd imagine
Early days I hope Mayne go all the way again but as everyone knows all it takes is couple significant injuries and the walls can come crumbling down! Think Noosa and Maroochy will keep us on our toes, the others will improve. By the way is it a final 5 or 4 ? this year

Two quality teams but Noosa were a little undisciplined. 3 or 4 fifty metre penalties resulted directly into goals for Mayne. Take them out and it would have been a lot closer then it looks. Will meet in the final again.

Was it that Caboolture played well with their new squad or Caloundra just thinking it would be an easy round 1 win? I know a fair few of their players from last year have left.

Two quality teams but Noosa were a little undisciplined. 3 or 4 fifty metre penalties resulted directly into goals for Mayne. Take them out and it would have been a lot closer then it looks. Will meet in the final again.

Was it that Caboolture played well with their new squad or Caloundra just thinking it would be an easy round 1 win? I know a fair few of their players from last year have left.
A decent rivalry developing between Mayne and Noosa on field in saying that good to hear that both clubs got together for a few brews after the game!

3 50s in the last quarter alone from 1 player in particular. Noosa were coming home hard and got within 2 kicks, the 50s really hurt and stopped their momentum

3 50s in the last quarter alone from 1 player in particular. Noosa were coming home hard and got within 2 kicks, the 50s really hurt and stopped their momentum
Why wasn't he dragged and given a hear full? maybe a run in the magoos this week as punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back