Hogan or Cripps?

• Jesse Hogan

Votes: 164 49.8%
  • Patrick Cripps

Votes: 165 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wines averaged more disposals, goals and rating points in his second year than Cripps this year.

Yes, Cripps would have more contested possessions and clearances, but Wines hurt more in other areas, such as uncontested possessions and goals, while still doing exceptionally well in contested possessions/clearances.
How desperately you try to disrepute Cripps is pathetic.
Wines averages 1 (ineffective) disposal and 0.3 goals more than Cripps... Wow! Sooooo Damaging!

But keep searching for ways to discredit Cripps, how ass-blasted you are about your precious Hogan being 2nd favourite is hilarious.

How desperately you try to disrepute Cripps is pathetic.
Wines averages 1 (ineffective) disposal and 0.3 goals more than Cripps... Wow! Sooooo Damaging!

But keep searching for ways to discredit Cripps, how ass-blasted you are about your precious Hogan being 2nd favourite is hilarious.

I was merely responding to the assertion from a Carlton supporter that Cripps' second year is virtually unprecedented.

So what you're saying is that if I disagree with an assertion like this I must remain silent ?

Sure.

With Cripps having another blinder and the Unsigned Hogan watching Freeo tear the dees a new one wonder if this award is not the only think Melbourne will be missing soon...Tipping Freeo to make a massive move for Hogan when Pav retires..

I was merely responding to the assertion from a Carlton supporter that Cripps' second year is virtually unprecedented.

So what you're saying is that if I disagree with an assertion like this I must remain silent ?

Sure.

It wasn't even a Carlton supporter, it was a Gold Coast supporter.

So he beats Murphy and Simpson ?

He'll beat Simpson comfortably. Murphy had a decent lead but with the injury halfway through the game against you guys, if Cripps can put in another strong performance in Rnd 23 it could certainly get interesting. They will be 1-2 now, no doubt.

Wines averaged more disposals, goals and rating points in his second year than Cripps this year.

Yes, Cripps would have more contested possessions and clearances, but Wines hurt more in other areas, such as uncontested possessions and goals, while still doing exceptionally well in contested possessions/clearances.

Do you honestly think that comparing second years is fair or meaningful when Wines went into his second year with 24 games under his belt (including 2 finals) and Cripps broke his leg in his first year and played 3 games?

Comparing their first 20 odd games would be far more meaningful. If we do so, we see that despite Cripps starting slowly (ordinary in his first 2-3 games in 2014) he wins on disposals and comfortably wins on contested possessions, clearances and tackles which are commonly referenced as the most important stats for an inside midfielder.

I will concede that the games comparison gives Cripps an extra pre-season but I think the leg-break would make up for that.

Last edited:
Dwayne Russell was saying today he was unsigned,
I assume he means he comes out of contract end of next year,
not this year, can you tell us the facts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cripps having another blinder and the Unsigned Hogan watching Freeo tear the dees a new one wonder if this award is not the only think Melbourne will be missing soon...Tipping Freeo to make a massive move for Hogan when Pav retires..
This is why I hate Dwayne Russell. He signed on last year. Does every player have to sign a new deal every year to be 'signed'? He might leave anyway, but he just feeds people incorrect facts.

Olline Wines had played 24 games going into his 2nd season! Far more experienced than Cripps going into 2015.

Hogan just the 9 touches and kicked a couple after Freo switched off yet again. In the bottom half of his own teams contributors two weeks in a row.

Will be a great player though.

If he had managed to break a game apart by kicking just one bag of 6+ goals might have been a different story. But consistant 1s 2s and 3s not good enough for rising star quality at this stage.

Lance Whitnall had kicked a bag of 8 goals in a game before turning 20.

Cripps has got it for mine, has dragged his team into a bunch of games almost single handedly. Reckon Hogan would have been a chance if he had better service during the year (and didn't have Dawes clogging up his space for much of it), but on performance there is no way you can give it to him over Cripps.

Hogan is contracted til 2017???

Back