2015 Singapore Formula One Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

Lotus confident the Renault take over is just days away.

Red Bull threatening to spit the dummy and leave the sport if they don't get a top line engine next year

Red Bull threatening to spit the dummy and leave the sport if they don't get a top line engine next year
Red Bull are leaving as a constructor apparently anyway, being sold to VW while retaining a branding partnership.

A mate of mine is in Singapore this week, with an all expenses paid 2 week work trip that just happened to coincide with the GP.

And he's a bloody intern! :mad:

My company is trying to branch into the Singapore market atm so I might have to push for a face to face customer meeting or some s**t around this time next year :p

Well there's no real options. If they get Ferrari's they'll only be a customer. And there's no point in Red Bull running around in the midfield. Serves them absolutely no purpose.

Confirmation of front running sooks.
So Red Bull should pour hundreds of millions of dollars into a racing outfit...just because?

They're not a racing company. They're a business. Red Bull don't exist to race like McLaren and Ferrari and Williams.

Well they could hang in there. Show some resilience. Consolidate. Chip away at it, and maybe challenge for the title in 3-5 years. But you just confirmed them as front running sooks.

Full VAG's brand is already damaged
I've confirmed their brand as a business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically, RBR looking quick today. Obviously not a result of the engine, but a strong race might remind of why it can worth toughing out a bad spell. I agree with Imadodgyumpire though - they're whining because they're not winning, which just doesn't look good, nor does it speak highly of the brand.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Ironically, RBR looking quick today. Obviously not a result of the engine, but a strong race might remind of why it can worth toughing out a bad spell. I agree with Imadodgyumpire though - they're whining because they're not winning, which just doesn't look good, nor does it speak highly of the brand.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It might not look good but they pump ridiculous amounts of money in, can certainly understand them pulling out for the one thing they have little control over.

It might not look good but they pump ridiculous amounts of money in, can certainly understand them pulling out for the one thing they have little control over.
I've said it before, Red Bulls core business is fizzy energy drinks, and creating branches of that business that help promote that brand. The second things don't start going their way in Formula 1 they will pull out.

Sure, it makes them look like sore losers, but as a business they would rather pump their money into other streams of revenue.

Last edited:
The goal should be to have as many competetive teams and entertaining races as possible. I wouldnt care if McDonalds launched a team if they could compete with Mercedes

I know it would never happen but imagine if they treated engines the same as tyres, everyone going around with a Mercedes in there. Although probably would just mean Red Bull domination again. I think qualifying showed how much superior they are when you take the engine out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back