Jack Doohan Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

powerpowerpower

Team Captain
May 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After coming off a huge 2022, reserve driver for Alpine F1 team, what has happened? Last year his team Virtuosi Racing was a front runner. This year, nowhere near it.

With the amount of Alpine Academy drivers now further up the F2 grid, the fear of Doohan missing an opportunity in F1 worries me.

Lots a great drivers in F2. Probably my favourite category of racing

After coming off a huge 2022, reserve driver for Alpine F1 team, what has happened? Last year his team Virtuosi Racing was a front runner. This year, nowhere near it.

With the amount of Alpine Academy drivers now further up the F2 grid, the fear of Doohan missing an opportunity in F1 worries me.

Lots a great drivers in F2. Probably my favourite category of racing

Jack in P3 this weekend. Hopefully this is the end of his recent run 'off the pace'. I'll be watching.

For qualifying:QUALIFYING: Bearman leaves it late to secure second F2 pole position

So, which month/year will we be reading on Speedcafe that Jack is turning his attention to becoming an Indycar, endurance, or supercars driver?

I'd guess he will do another year in F2 & if he's not up to it, he'll give it away & go into the family business.

Not sure whats gone wrong for Jack this year, looked for all money like he was the fastest guy on the grid at least in qually trim and just needed to tidy up some of the racing incidents and he would be in the running for the f2 title and an F1 seat.

Same team and same exact car against mostly the same opposition so you could only assume its purely down to the pressure of this year being make or bust for him, dad has enough cash to send him around in f2 again next year but you would have to think unless he can have a completely dominate season like de vries and drugovich the hype trains pretty much gone when you take 3+ years to take the title.

Not sure whats gone wrong for Jack this year, looked for all money like he was the fastest guy on the grid at least in qually trim and just needed to tidy up some of the racing incidents and he would be in the running for the f2 title and an F1 seat.

Same team and same exact car against mostly the same opposition so you could only assume its purely down to the pressure of this year being make or bust for him, dad has enough cash to send him around in f2 again next year but you would have to think unless he can have a completely dominate season like de vries and drugovich the hype trains pretty much gone when you take 3+ years to take the title.

From Alpines perspective Gasly and Ocon are both contracted for next year and it hasnt blown up on them yet to force their hand into moving 1 on so they probably werent that worried about him winning this year and creating another piastri headache for them, hopefully his 2nd half of the season is a strong one to create some positive momentum

Yeah I’d be very surprised if Jack gets into F1. His teammate from the Alpine academy Victor Martins is outperforming him at the moment.
Martins is the slower devoloper of the 2, for reference it was his and piastri's 1st year in renault eurocup back in 2018, he didnt make the jump with doohan and piastri to f3 in 2020, got beaten by doohan in f3 2021 and stayed in f3 while doohan moved up to f2.

Id say this season is an outlier more so then the norm between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martins is the slower devoloper of the 2, for reference it was his and piastri's 1st year in renault eurocup back in 2018, he didnt make the jump with doohan and piastri to f3 in 2020, got beaten by doohan in f3 2021 and stayed in f3 while doohan moved up to f2.

Id say this season is an outlier more so then the norm between them.
Ok I didn’t know that. Cheers for the info.

Good effort in the rain at Silverstone, in the sprint race. Started in p6, battled his way through to 3. Alpine would have been impressed with his trackcraft.

Vesti took first:Vesti dominates in the rain at Silverstone for fifth F2 win - Formula Scout
Backed it up with a p4 today, unfortunately running wide and losing 2 positions to Maloney and pourchaire probably cost him the win today.

I've been trying to bait Skull Face into saying he's s**t this year. But he hasn't taken the bait.

I'm saying he's a massive soft**** and it was just only a matter of time before he was found out.

I'm actually in disbelif his dad managed his career this way whenn he himself had one of the most impressive rises to the top of motorsport that I know of.

I've been trying to bait Skull Face into saying he's s**t this year. But he hasn't taken the bait.

I'm saying he's a massive soft**** and it was just only a matter of time before he was found out.

I'm actually in disbelif his dad managed his career this way whenn he himself had one of the most impressive rises to the top of motorsport that I know of.
I mean none of them are s**t to get to this level but if you are asking me will he make it then it's a sorry but not quite good enough.

For mine he had to go on and be dominate this year to get a gig and he has basically gone backwards trying to fix his ability to dodge incidents he stopped pushing the limits. The balance has been better the last 2-3 races but it's too little too late the championship is gone now.

Reality of what we have seen from past champions win it in 1 and you are going places, win it in 2 and you will get an F1 seat but you're probably not world champion material and anything after that you will struggle to make it past test driver.

Pretty meh f2 crop this year as well the guys fighting the championship are guys piastri beat in f3 3 years ago and none of them have kicked on to be ahead of the field and really make a case.

Pole for Hungary.

hy69c4e9ybdb1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back