NASCAR 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Nascar asked truez to spin out to stop SVG winning lol

Svg wins, says he’s doing 1 more year in aus then over there.
Not sure if that means just finishing this year.
Has committed to doing 2024 here, will be gone for sure then as you would.

Id be interested to see how a supercar would shape up against the nascar on that track.
I know they’re built for oval, but a comparison side by side would be cool.
Supercars would weigh a shitload more wouldn't they?

It interesting to know all the differences.

Edit - Wrong the NASCAR actually weighs more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crash NASCAR journalist Chad Smith goes through the field to hand out driver ratings for the Grant Park 220 at Chicago.
Shane Van Gisbergen: 10

There is no other acceptable rating here - the guy just came in and kicked ass in his first ever NASCAR race.

That recognition :thumbsu:

For a comparison here is Indycar race at Mid-Ohio with 4 of the drivers from Downunder in the top 10.

Crash NASCAR journalist Chad Smith goes through the field to hand out driver ratings for the Grant Park 220 at Chicago.
Shane Van Gisbergen: 10

There is no other acceptable rating here - the guy just came in and kicked ass in his first ever NASCAR race.

That recognition :thumbsu:

For a comparison here is Indycar race at Mid-Ohio with 4 of the drivers from Downunder in the top 10.
It’s not as if he got lucky either.
Practice 1st
Qualified 3rd
Wins the race after being dudded by pitstops and came out 18th.

Supercars would probably beat NASCAR on the road courses and intermediates but it would get minced on the superspeedways. Short tracks is debatable, SC turns better but NASCAR would get more power out of the exit. I imagine their construction is not as robust so if it wrecks it would be toast.

Seriously, how much of a scrubber do you have to be to be a nascar driver?

Even though most factors were weighed in SVG's favour, there should still have been enough drivers with enough talent and experience to win that race.

Just 2 years of HQ racing and another 2 of Sports sedans, and any one of you could win a road course nascar race.

Seriously, how much of a scrubber do you have to be to be a nascar driver?

Even though most factors were weighed in SVG's favour, there should still have been enough drivers with enough talent and experience to win that race.

Just 2 years of HQ racing and another 2 of Sports sedans, and any one of you could win a road course nascar race.
Nothing wrong with their talent pool. SVG is just elite.

NASCAR 750 HP, 1497 Kgs @ 0.50 HP/Kg feeding into a 4 speed gearbox.
Gen3 Supercar 600 HP, 1335 Kgs @ 0.45 HP/Kg feeding into a 6 speed gearbox.

In a head to head race on a road course or street circuit, the lighter car would perform better but on a speedway, HP rules.

The only other comparison that needs to be made is tyres. Supercars use narrow tyres to limit the grip making the cars one of the most difficult to drive and master. NASCAR are probably tyred more suitably for the power and weight it requires. This could level the playing field head to head.

I'm not a SVG fan, but I've always thought he was one of the finest talents I've seen in all the time I've been watching tintops which goes back to Bathurst 1977, and to win at his first attempt at NASCAR is quite amazing. Congrats SVG.

That was an amazing race by SVG. To go and sit on the opposite side of the car, and change gears with your opposite hand, while learning a new track and racing on tyres you’ve never used, in a vehicle you’ve never been in before, and then win the race was just outstanding. I’m not even a Kiwi and I’m incredibly proud of him today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back