F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the best F1 doco I've ever watched.

Lucky - the Bernie one on Stan also very good.
I'd only heard of lucky last night, will watch it.

Watched "Williams and Mansell Red 5" last night, was good also.

Sauber Motorsport has confirmed that its new team name for the 2024 Formula 1 season will be Stake F1 Team Kick Sauber.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Gb59rWeKAFfiJuUdX8FdEz87ODI=.gif

mnWn-8BQUsTDbdCXQrdtOqf_O4I=.gif

Even though they are going for 2 main sponsors in the name for more money does this have the potential to cost them money by way of merchandise, new fans. Hard to get behind a team with a name like that.

Sauber have been vanilla and irrelevant since before the BMW days. A little upswing when they were Alfa and when they had Charles and Kimi, but they haven't really raised any eyebrows or done anything exciting since the mid 2000s.

They used to be a good base for promising young drivers to kick off their careers. Think Kimi, Heidfeld, Massa, Frentzen, Kubica. Now they're just Bottas padding his retirement fund with some Chinese money from Zhou until Audi take over.

Sauber have been vanilla and irrelevant since before the BMW days. A little upswing when they were Alfa and when they had Charles and Kimi, but they haven't really raised any eyebrows or done anything exciting since the mid 2000s.

They used to be a good base for promising young drivers to kick off their careers. Think Kimi, Heidfeld, Massa, Frentzen, Kubica. Now they're just Bottas padding his retirement fund with some Chinese money from Zhou until Audi take over.
I feel like there's potential for relevancy when Audi take over. Need to keep the brand simple though and actually push for better performance. What are they even doing with that Chinese money lol not improving the car anyway

Probably the best F1 doco I've ever watched.

Lucky - the Bernie one on Stan also very good.

thanks. i’ve got through the 1st three eps of ‘lucky’. not a fan of ecclestone but from the viewpoint of a history of f1 it’s worth putting up with him.

wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like teams might be getting upset.

I've said before and will always say it they shouldn't be allowed a second team. Ferrari weren't allowed when Michael was dominant

There are teams wanting to come in and they won't let them in because of two many teams well make redbull sell one if there two teams. Pretty ******* simple really.

Sounds like teams might be getting upset.

I've said before and will always say it they shouldn't be allowed a second team. Ferrari weren't allowed when Michael was dominant

There are teams wanting to come in and they won't let them in because of two many teams well make redbull sell one if there two teams. Pretty ******* simple really.

Not a big Zak Brown fan but I have to agree with what he's saying. It's BS actually. Would rather Andretti in. It has to be a significant advantage. Not a bad article that. Also reminded me that technically Oscar has a race win before Lando which is a pissa.

Two drivers on the Formula 1 grid should be counting their lucky stars, that’s reportedly the thoughts of outgoing AlphaTauri boss Franz Tost.

Stroll and sergeant?

Well, no other team has the luxury of giving their reserve driver an actual F1 seat at another team so that they've got a ready-to-go replacement if they decide to jettison an underperforming driver. That on its own seems a bit unfair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back